• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Joking aside there's only 2 reasons to run Warsong over Raid Leader and it's that Warsong has +1 HP and can buff itself...

So theoretically it's better than Raid Leader if they ever print a card that gave a lot of your guys charge and wait a fucking minute...
"3 mana Spell: Your Warsong Commanders now have the effect: Your minions with 3 or less attacks have Charge!"

squidyj

Because there is nothing like seeing the same deck every tourney, and then the world going crazy because someone added Harrison Jones to it, nah, it was boring to watch

I don't know how to break this to you buddy but that's going to keep happening. people are going to bring a very limited selection of decks to the point where most players are running the same lineup of decks. Just because patron isn't going to be one of them any more doesn't mean shit.

Dahbomb

You know what,the new warsong is going to be op with FoN.
Blizzard can print a card that summons a bunch of charge tokens for Warrior.

Something like Muster for Charge minions, a bunch of 1/1 charge tokens.

Maybe I don't know, you might as well still use Raid Leader LMAO!

Raxus

Blizzard can print a card that summons a bunch of charge tokens for Warrior.

Something like Muster for Charge minions, a bunch of 1/1 charge tokens.

Maybe I don't know, you might as well still use Raid Leader LMAO!

None of which works well for warrior. Now a minion that buffs injured minions would be pretty nice. Warrior is going to likely sink in the meta to 3rd or 4th tier sadly.

Dahbomb

None of which works well for warrior. Now a minion that buffs injured minions would be pretty nice. Warrior is going to likely sink in the meta to 3rd or 4th tier sadly.
Nah Control Warrior is still tier 2 status deck.

But just like Rogue that's ALL Warrior has now.

inky

You are all a bunch of cynics. I trust Blizzard to balance this game going forward. I'm sure they already have some plans for some new cards in the future even, something like:

Warballad Commander: 3C 2/4 Give your Charge minions +1 Attack

Warserenade Commander: 3C 3/4 Give your Charge minions + 2 Attack

In 3 or 4 years we might have a good card again and all of you will regret doubting Ben Brode's design abilities.

Kappa?

Raxus

I just hate the idea of facing all paladins and hunters for the forseeable future. Meta is going back to how horrible it was before.

Dahbomb

You are all a bunch of cynics. I trust Blizzard to balance this game going forward. I'm sure they already have some plans for some new cards in the future even, something like:

Warballad Commander: 3C 2/4 Give your Charge minions +1 Attack

Warserenade Commander: 3C 3/4 Give your Charge minions + 2 Attack

In 3 or 4 years we might have a good card again and all of you will regret doubting Ben Brode's design abilities.

Kappa?
Gotta sell the new expansions of course.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"New players don't know how good this new effect is!"

Man I must be a really terrible newbie Hearthstone player because I too think this new Warsong Commander sucks!

Yup... Kripp also says that the comment is utter dumbassery.

You and Kripp made the same mistake. He wasn't saying the new card is good. In fact he even says at the very end that the new card isn't good. He was saying new players won't have the ability to evaluate "how good" the card is. There was no exclamation point in the way he said it.

Nah Control Warrior is still tier 2 status deck.

But just like Rogue that's ALL Warrior has now.

You must not pay much attention to ladder since right now mech warrior is being played and it is pretty decent.

You and Kripp made the same mistake. He wasn't saying the new card is good. In fact he even says at the very end that the new card isn't good. He was saying new players won't have the ability to evaluate "how good" the card is. There was no exclamation point in the way he said it.

Kripp is dumbassery for not understanding Ben Brode's intent behind that comment, which was kind of obvious as hell as you pointed out.

Dahbomb

You must not pay much attention to ladder since right now mech warrior is being played and it is pretty decent.
There was Mech Warrior last month as well for a bit (and the month before it) and as always it sucked. Some streamer used it for a bit, it catches on then people realize it isn't as good as other mech decks or other Warrior decks and then the Ladder goes on as normal. Same for Face Warrior as well.

Apologies for misinterpreting what Brode said although the way he said it definitely seemed like he was saying that new players may underestimate this effect.

There was Mech Warrior last month as well for a bit (and the month before it) and as always it sucked. Some streamer used it for a bit, it catches on then people realize it isn't as good as other mech decks or other Warrior decks and then the Ladder goes on as normal. Same for Face Warrior as well.

Apologies for misinterpreting what Brode said although the way he said it definitely seemed like he was saying that new players may underestimate this effect.

I faced more than a couple last night plus I was also watching reynad queue into many mech warriors and he was saying he should probably run that as well.

I was destroying them with tempo mage, but granted I am running double mirror image and water elementals which has quite an edge over their weapons. Plus a bit of arcane missile luck one game lol. There is nothing like watching a warrior helpless with arcanite reaper staring at 2 mirror images and about to die the next turn.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In the context of the video he mentions several times that the card is no longer good and that they wanted it to be a build around even if it results in a bad deck, similar to beasts or murlocs for newer players just getting into deck building.

sibarraz

Banned
I liked an explanation that someone gave about why warsong was the card that must have been nerfed.

Since in this game the blocker is designed by the guy who attacks, the charge mechanic can get way out of control, that's why most of the nerfs post beta had been charge related,

Now I think that a decent nerf would have been making warsong commander to gave charge only to minions played on the hand (like before BRM) or in the worst case, an aura like charge where if a minion gets more than 3, lose the charge.

But well, imo this isn't a big loss either, I'm still excited to see which decks will appear now , I know that aggro will return, but there are some decks that fare well aggainst agro like dragon priest

I just hope Ben Brode realizes that the core appeal of Hearthstone, despite whatever salt-fueled rantings that get posted on reddit and forums, is that it's just unapologetically stupid. TGT felt way too conservative and I feel like a lot of the card-making decisions were based around making things that were balanced instead of things that were hilarious. All the spells Saraad draws should be free, Varian should draw and play 3 minions every turn, Chillmaw deathrattle should do 3 damage to all characters for every dragon in your hand, etc.

People think they want MTG, but I'm positive they'd enjoy Yugioh more.

Pooya

Blizzard is concerned about charge yet they printed something like Argent Horserider again which is way better than wolf rider. Arcane Golem, that card is disgustingly good. Leeroy sucks in comparison. You want to buff your charger, it costing 2 less matters more than 2 less attack.

johnsmith

remember me
None of those cards regularly hit face for 20+ damage.

And yeah Brode made it pretty clear that the new Warsong was meant to be bad.

ZealousD

Hearthstone has a core set of rules already, we don't need to evolve it into MTG or Yu-Gi-Oh.

Hearthstone should be simple and fun. It should embrace its digital format. It should also be moderately skill based so that people can progress as players and encourage viewership.

Wombo combos that break the mold to the point where you feel pressured to play against yourself (e.g. not playing minions) are unfun and usually overpowered. We don't need overpowered cards and decks for Hearthstone to be fun. Patron was a problem.

I think there's an argument to be made that keeping Warsong Commander as a 2/3 with that text is probably too harsh, but I fundamentally disagree with many of the suggested changes that make Warsong too complicated or use that "give a minion charge" ability. Blizzard isn't perfect (MC, Boom, Dalaran Mage) but they are definitely smarter than the average player that tries to take Blizzard over the coals for some of their changes.

ZealousD

Blizzard is concerned about charge yet they printed something like Argent Horserider again which is way better than wolf rider. Arcane Golem, that card is disgustingly good. Leeroy sucks in comparison. You want to buff your charger, it costing 2 less matters more than 2 less attack.

Divine Shield means Argent Horserider skews towards minion interaction. It's the wombo combo to the face that's problematic.

Raytow

handlock with arcane golem, 2x PO and faceless!
I ran that shit, not even close to patron buttstomping shenanigans, it was the best OTK deck in the game by far, after his death, it'll be ramp druid I guess, which unlike patron is not immune to taunts.

Pooya

Divine Shield means Argent Horserider skews towards minion interaction. It's the wombo combo to the face that's problematic.

Well, it can work both ways, you can face with it and it's a lot harder to remove because of shield, it tends to hit face for 4 than 2. At least in my decks!

I just hope Ben Brode realizes that the core appeal of Hearthstone, despite whatever salt-fueled rantings that get posted on reddit and forums, is that it's just unapologetically stupid. TGT felt way too conservative and I feel like a lot of the card-making decisions were based around making things that were balanced instead of things that were hilarious. All the spells Saraad draws should be free, Varian should draw and play 3 minions every turn, Chillmaw deathrattle should do 3 damage to all characters for every dragon in your hand, etc.

I think you want to play a different game.

edit:
I in fact want to play a game that is very close to what hearthstone is and has become over the last set of patches. Do I think TGT could have introduced more better cards? Certainly. Is there a card or two that might be a little too much in TGT? Sure. But they're very damn close tbh. With the warsong nerf, I expect the next set to include some pretty good neutral cards that would otherwise be incapable of being printed because of warsong commander. And I think that bodes well for the game overall. Some of the neutral cards in tgt are largely arena only and I suspect that had something to do with it.

ZealousD

Well, it can work both ways, you can face with it and it's a lot harder to remove because of shield, it tends to hit face for 4 than 2. At least in my decks!

The point is that 2 damage to the face is not that consequential by itself, so you can interact and respond to the card after it is played. You won't ever say "I need to get ready for the Argent Horserider turn!"

Pooya

The point is that 2 damage to the face is not that consequential by itself, so you can interact and respond to the card after it is played. You won't ever say "I need to get ready for the Argent Horserider turn!"

For face hunter it counts for a lot. the games you lose are generally for 3-4 more damage off.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The arcane power overwhelming stuff still gets wrecked hard by taunt. The thing with Patron was that there would be many scenarios with multiple taunts up, a high HP pool and the person would still die next turn. The one picture mobius posted was a really big offender to me, the warlock had malganis(thus was immune, on top of having...23 hp or so?) and IIRC 3-4 taunts up, all with more than 3 attack.

The next turn he still died, as the stuff that naturally spirals patron and frothing out of control also enables the warrior's absurdly cheap removal in execute, and it's often a 0 mana investment at that point with a single emperor turn. You can still have kill combos but it doesn't touch stuff like having almost full HP through a taunt wall and then being dead right afterwards.

ZealousD

For face hunter it counts for a lot. the games you lose are generally for 3-4 more damage off.

You're still arguing around Blizzard's point. Blizzard doesn't hate charge necessarily. They hate when it is abused for wombo combos. That's why they went through several changes with UTH. That's why Leeroy was nerfed. That's why Warsong Commander was nerfed. These all promoted OTK charge combos that put out a billion damage in a single turn. Argent Horserider is simply one element of a much larger puzzle of doing incremental face damage over a series of turns. It isn't abused in OTKs. You can interact with it.

Portugeezer

So, the first time I use Recombobulator and...

hearthstonescreenshot13xoc.png

Great start.

Dreavus

That'd be fun, but I don't think it's part of the core appeal. If you lean too heavily on RNG I think you eventually get diminishing returns. Those changes would throw those cards way over the top than anything else has before it.

I wouldn't mind a brawl where every ability is amplified to hell and back like that though!

I just saw a Face Warrior. Here's me thinking it was just Hunter's who throw minions at your face with near reckless abandon.

Seems the people who played Patron are trying out new things...

So is there a point to play anything that isn't Secret Paladin anymore

Fucking utterly brainless deck. Yes I am salt, it's baffling Blizzard approved WHO AM I? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

sibarraz

Banned
I defeated a face hunter with a shaman

He left me at 9 hp, I removed his board, ancient healing and he conceded. The best thing was that he wasted all his hand thinking that he had me destroyed, so he used a kill command without bord just to use quick shot and draw a card for next turn

Do you run Saraad in Tempo? I am thinking of trying that.

I have ran saraad in tempo but I cut it because I cut antonidas for ragnaros. And I replaced saraad with sylvanas. Could probably run any strong 5-6 drop in that slot imo. Hell, even cairne or pilotted sky golem. Or maybe even something faster.

Here is the post I made last night about the deck I ran with the list and links relevant to it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181728822&postcount=17980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom