• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

i don't have a grom if thats what they're all running
WutFace.png

squidyj

Saying he "dislikes" silence is kind of a stretch here. He's actually asking for cards with different kinds of silence effects. Kinda of like Light's Champion but maybe a bit less narrow.

specifically, less shitty. the effects on cards like that should be quite strong or at the very least costed very low.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
specifically, less shitty. the effects on cards like that should be quite strong or at the very least costed very low.

Light's Champion actually passes the vanilla test. The distribution isn't ideal but if it was a 3/4 it would see more play as a vanilla 3/4 than it would as something to silence a demon with.

johnsmith

remember me
New patron seems shit compared to control warrior. I need to look Eloise's list. Reynad's isn't any good. Or maybe I'm just bad/unlucky. keep coming up against handlocks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder if blizz regrets ironbeak owl. Having silence and the beast tag on such a cheap minion basically makes it so you never see spellbreaker outside of arena.

Brofist

I wonder if blizz regrets ironbeak owl. Having silence and the beast tag on such a cheap minion basically makes it so you never see spellbreaker outside of arena.

The beast tag really only applies to hunter, otherwise it's the cost that keeps it in decks. A 4 cost silence in constructed just isn't worth it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ran into an Inspire Warrior that was running Orgrimmar Aspirant + Gorehowl. I know I've heard of this deck before but I didn't ever really think about this specific interaction. It was interesting.

You guys know what is the worst ? I've opened enough packs for 3 shitty legendaries, 12 epics, 2 poisoned blades (lel) and god knows how many repeated commons and rares .....and not a single fucking Darnasus Aspirant.
It feels so bad to craft rares at this point, and I know that as soon as I craft 2 of them they will show up. I need the dust for the Ysera :(

I just pulled my first DA yesterday. It was the last rare card that I was missing from all sets. I've pulled 3 golden Sparring Partners and at least 8 Ram Wranglers. I've also only pulled 3 TGT legendaries, but 2 of them were Acidmaw.

dimb

Turn four and the enemy plays Fiery War Axe and armors up without attacking. I coin out Harrison and he just concedes on the spot. Not the worst way to hit rank five this season.

Raxus

There are a lot of cards I wonder if blizzard regrets.

Piloted Shredder, Knife Juggler, etc.

Levi

Banned
I went second in brawl and had a turn one Astral Communion 3 times in my first 5 games. Those were short games. The unlimited hero power usage makes Astral Communion a usable card!

squidyj

the swings in this game practically make me sick, drop 2 to 4, struggle my way up to 3 with 1 star, then streak my way to rank 1. just like 10 easy games in a row.

ricelord

anyone got idea why this card is a epic..
22339.png

trying to make a enraged deck and seeing this card makes me question what the hell was blizz thinking.

dimb

trying to make a enraged deck and seeing this card makes me question what the hell was blizz thinking.
Well, its base stats are some of the best in the game for a six drop. It's unfortunate that it only damages allied minions. It honestly might see play if it damaged all minions.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm liking this Secret Paladin that only runs four secrets way more than the old one. It feels like playing Midrange Paladin, but with an extra ridiculous six drop.

ricelord

Well, its base stats are some of the best in the game for a six drop. It's unfortunate that it only damages allied minions. It honestly might see play if it damaged all minions.

Well blizz forgot that They made dread inferno. It has similar stats (1 less hitpoint) and a battle cry that damaged all characters. sure it's a warlock card (a common card to boot) but I see it more of a warrior card just base on how most warrior cards have synergy when things take damage.

ViviOggi

Literally the entire arena is Uther kids

"I will fight with honor" my fucking ass least honorable being in the entire game

Leper Gnome looks like a chill dude I'd hang out with compared to Uther

Watch them get the best commons again next expansion

ZealousD

ZealousD

I'm liking this Secret Paladin that only runs four secrets way more than the old one. It feels like playing Midrange Paladin, but with an extra ridiculous six drop.

I never really felt like repentance did much whenever I included it. And it wastes a draw if you don't get it from MC. Better to add another solid on-curve minion. I think there's an argument for cutting the deck to 1 Competitive Spirit as well.

Portugeezer

So, just to confirm, does the new Warsong Commander only give a temporary +1 attack to a minion until Warsong is killed, or is it a permanent +1 boost to the minion?

22339.png

Last season I got a golden Sea Reaver from my ranked rewards. I seriously doubt I'll ever put it in a deck. I think it was meant to work with Patrons, but that deck is dead now, so it just doesn't have a purpose. Even in a Patron deck, it was a pretty bad card. As mentioned, it might actually be good if it hit all minions, but there's just not enough reward in hitting only your minions. And the fact that you can't control when it triggers just makes it even worse. And for decks like Control Warrior where it's common to have an empty board, why would you run it over Boulderfist Ogre?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I never really felt like repentance did much whenever I included it. And it wastes a draw if you don't get it from MC. Better to add another solid on-curve minion. I think there's an argument for cutting the deck to 1 Competitive Spirit as well.

The current Meta Snapshot one runs 1 Noble Sac, 1 Redemption, 1 Avenge, and 1 Repentance.

The repentance is mostly there to disincentivize playing a big 6 or 7 drop when mysterious challenger goes down, since the revived 2/1 will be able to kill it (or anything else on the board that's ideally not the mysterious challenger, really).

The current Meta Snapshot one runs 1 Noble Sac, 1 Redemption, 1 Avenge, and 1 Repentance.

The repentance is mostly there to disincentivize playing a big 6 or 7 drop when mysterious challenger goes down, since the revived 2/1 will be able to kill it (or anything else on the board that's ideally not the mysterious challenger, really).

I've been thinking of throwing an Eye for an Eye in there.. worth or nah?

Eye for an eye against freeze mage would be too situational. You'd want to play it at a very specific moment, when they're about to burn your down. And even then they might just frostbolt and survive eye for an eye and you die anyway. Or sometimes you just get a tie which isn't great either. And the worst case scenario is when eye for an eye comes out too early and it just gets pinged.

Best case scenario is just too rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom