• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I would also put in some high mana cost spells just for the situation when that 5/5 Tron comes into play. I put in Avenging Wrath in my Paladin deck because of that card and because board clears are very premium in this board.

It's a cool Brawl, got to use some unused cards.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
lmao this warrior came in with the boldest strategy yet: Ignore hero power and go face

Auctopus

Really enjoying this brawl, all trade no face.

Except...

Turn 1 (Me): Coin, Summon Tron (Mech with Spells cost 3 less)
Turn 2: Annoy-o-tron
Turn 3: Unstable Portal (0) - Knife Juggler (0) + Cogmaster into clock work gnome.

Arrow into annoy-o-tron, kill with summon tron.

Enemy concedes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No matter the deck you make for the brawl, Maiden of the Lake, Nexus-Champion Saraad and Kvaldir Raider are all auto includes. Boneguard Lieutenant and Kodorider are also pretty good.

Kodo Rider is too slow for this Brawl. I won or lost most games before I got much value out of it.

Argent Watchman is actually kind of good in this Brawl too.

lmao this warrior came in with the boldest strategy yet: Ignore hero power and go face

I created a face hunter just for this purpose. Then we both summoned that +2 spell power tron and my quickshots were raining down from the heavens.

Reached rank 5 without too much trouble this month. Barely played in comparison to last month where I had to fight and scratch to barely make it a day before the end of the season. My final boss was a Shaman named Justin Beiber who actually dropped the mistcaller on 6 when I had a full board of low power minions. His deck was so trash I had no idea how he got such a high rank.

Probably the only win I feel bad about was against a druid who had doctor boom with FON +SR combo. I had tirion out with redemption, but the chance of a bomb hitting some of my low cost minions almost guaranteed that they would respawn and not tirion. His first boom bot hit tirion for 3 and the bomb hit tirion for 2, he ran the next bomb into tirion and the sadness was real

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I was thinking about trying out Coldarra Drake when I get home. I'd probably need a Maiden of the Lake in there to make it really work. I still don't see Fencing Coach getting used.

FC has won me a few games. That extra hero power in later turns can be a huge tempo swing. Only worth a one-of though, I think.

Kangi

Fun Tavern Brawl so far. Midrange Zoolock gets pretty good mileage on it; can't count the people who have thoughtlessly used the "destroy a random minion" hero power on my Nerubian Eggs.

Mixed2k

You guys know what is the worst ? I've opened enough packs for 3 shitty legendaries, 12 epics, 2 poisoned blades (lel) and god knows how many repeated commons and rares .....and not a single fucking Darnasus Aspirant.
It feels so bad to craft rares at this point, and I know that as soon as I craft 2 of them they will show up. I need the dust for the Ysera :(

Pooya

You guys know what is the worst ? I've opened enough packs for 3 shitty legendaries, 12 epics, 2 poisoned blades (lel) and god knows how many repeated commons and rares .....and not a single fucking Darnasus Aspirant.
It feels so bad to craft rares at this point, and I know that as soon as I craft 2 of them they will show up. I need the dust for the Ysera :(

I've opened 2x Master of Ceremonies, 2x Recruiter, 2x Crowd Favorite, 2x Dark Bargain. The only good epic I got was MC. Dragons I had to craft. I REALLY want 2x Dreadsteeds to play, I can never waste dust on that one now.

Pooya

Mage in arena, had blizzard, flamestrike and 2x fireball, 2x frostbolt, polymorph board. STILL I WON with my horrible druid deck because he was so bad. fireball in face when I have that board, really? Those trades lol.

Heropon

Opening packs late at night works!

dXGv1LU.png

Now I only need another twilight guardian and I can make decent dragon decks.

fuck paladin, fuck this brawl lol. god damn the match I won made me super salty b/c I was about to lose to some bullshit rng. And got a crappy pack out of it

Celegus

Where did you hear that?
I'm pretty sure there's no way that can be possible.

I hear if you look under the truck near the S.S.Anne while giving Aeris 99 phoenix downs and collecting all 120 stars without getting hurt you can find the secret hearthstone client where shaman is OP

It just happened to me. I had no minions and bear trap secret, he had a webspinner and loatheb. Attacked with webspinner, expected bear to pop, but loatheb got in before the bear came out. I was pretty flabbergasted but that's definitely what happened. Got hit in the face twice and had a healthy bear at the end of his turn. Dunno if it always works like that or what happened, but it did.

Pooya

omg i had an idea, darnassus + brewmaster

I had someone pull that on me, 2x brewmaster opening + wildgrowth. He didn't win because he didn't get anything to play lol. There is not much room to cut things for brewmasters even then you are wasting your turn by playing brewmasters instead of something with more board impact anyway.

Before darnassus + brewmaster, there is wailing soul and recombobulator. Both probably not worth running but both better than brewmaster, which probably means brewmaster is terrible.

At least with wailing soul you can drop some ancient watchers and other things to silence, and recombobulator can target other things pretty well like healbots. I've seen hotform run it, it wasn't bad.

johnsmith

remember me
Is Grand Crusader seriously a thing mages are playing? Hoping for a 1/50 change to get dr 6? He's that freaking good.

I've seen it a couple of times this week, and definitely not from unstable portal.

Dahbomb

Is Grand Crusader seriously a thing mages are playing? Hoping for a 1/50 change to get dr 6? He's that freaking good.

I've seen it a couple of times this week, and definitely not from unstable portal.
Jab was using it in his Tempo Mage deck for competitive play and of course people have to copy/paste what the pros are doing.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm trying to do a daily with dragon priest. Why the hell am I queuing up against nothing but control warriors in casual, jesus christ.

And Reynad wishes that picture was him.

Pooya

Strifecro almost to rank 1 legend playing....patron warrior.

It still destroys all the aggro decks in current meta (specially druid) but now you have no chance against control warrior for example. Fun deck though.

Pooya

He didn't invent anything here. It was Korean player, Surrender, starting it the day after the patch was announced. Everyone else is a copy cat.

edit: Already patron mirror happening on Strifecro's stream, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom