• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

This guy plays all of this on me and still gets salty so much to rope me two turns. Seriously? It's not my fault you wasted your fireballs, or your flamestrike to kill TWO harmless minions. Really me having bunch of garbage plus one ancient of war is that unfair?

1445539139-1.jpg

1445539330-3.jpg

Evil Heckler was the perfect draw to return the BM.

10-1, the dream is near. When people got this bad in arena? lol

Insaniac

Free pack from spectator quest yielded Archmage Antonidas, is it worth putting together a mech mage deck? I don't have flamewaker for tempo mage

bjaelke

Anyone recommends a list of priest decks?

The two predominant decks right now are Control and Dragon.

I've also been trying to built a mech-lite inspire deck with Paletress and Eydis Darkbane, but the win condition is somewhat limited and it often gets outpaced in the fast meta. Even including one young brewmaster to replay any legendary with a powerful battlecry. When it gets going it's quite fun.

TheBez

Free pack from spectator quest yielded Archmage Antonidas, is it worth putting together a mech mage deck? I don't have flamewaker for tempo mage

I just crafted Archmage and Fel Reavers to finish Mech and Tempo mage and having been having very little success with either.

Antonidas isn't even that great in tempo mage. It is great in mech mage due to all the spare parts you earn up, but merely average in tempo mage because by the time you can play him, your deck wants to be finishing the match, not building up to a win condition. This means usually turn 9 or possibly even later, to often just get a single fireball. I built rag into my tempo mage and it was ez legend from there.

Tacitus_

Antonidas isn't even that great in tempo mage. It is great in mech mage due to all the spare parts you earn up, but merely average in tempo mage because by the time you can play him, your deck wants to be finishing the match, not building up to a win condition. This means usually turn 9 or possibly even later, to often just get a single fireball. I built rag into my tempo mage and it was ez legend from there.

What. Antonidas is great at turning your lategame dead draws to fireballs.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What. Antonidas is great at turning your lategame dead draws to fireballs.

As someone who runs Antonidas the other poster is right. Takes to long to get him going in temp Mage with the current Meta. He's still better than nothing, but he's not the #1 option.

ViviOggi

???

Antonidas in current Tempo Mage is significantly more useful than Rag vs control and slower midrange. It turns cards like Arcane Missiles, which you have to run in this moronic meta but are near worthless in the matchup, into a win condition. Plus Rhonin too. Meanwhile Rag will likely be answered immediately by control in an even game while he's too slow vs cancer and then just hits a token anyway. On the flipside you don't have to combo Antonidas from hand against aggro, just drop him as a threat when you're starting to stabilize because babby decks like Secredin are so greedy they usually run neither EQ nor Owl.

Pooya

Ragnaros, 8 mana 8/8 can't attack. Kill a 1/1.

Ragnaros is a great valid choice against control, not so much now were majority are aggro.

--------------

EU servers are really horrible right now, played 3 games, got 3 disconnects. I don't think it's my internet.

Dahbomb

I actually like the Icehowl treatment for Force of Nature the most to be honest. Let it only attack minions. Might be too confusing for new players though.

I actually like the Icehowl treatment for Force of Nature the most to be honest. Let it only attack minions. Might be too confusing for new players though.

The best nerf is to shamanize it. Summon 1-3 trees with charge overload 2.

MC as a 4/4 would not see play. People would just ignore it completely to go face after playing around the first attack. 6 is just too high and also gets through every taunt.

LCKIV

Neo Member
Should I dust a golden dreadscale in favor of another nuetral legendary? Relatively new to the game and only other legendaries I have are the naxxramas ones.

If so, any suggestions? Thinking Dr Boom since Im seeing it constantly.

Should I dust a golden dreadscale in favor of another nuetral legendary? Relatively new to the game and only other legendaries I have are the naxxramas ones.

If so, any suggestions? Thinking Dr Boom since Im seeing it constantly.

Dr. Boom would be the one to craft, yeah.

Dreadscale is probably a borderline keep but considering you're newish to the game it's probably best to dust it.

ricelord

12170317_917668004974432_1801925400_n.jpg

welp this the deck i came up with. Been playing causal, it can hold it self against xmas pallys and some times tempo mages.i have yet to face a ramp driud so i have no idea how those games can go. Sea reaver can some times be "useful" if i have a axe flinger or a patron on field. the real MVPs of this deck would be both Gurubashi and wild pyromancer.Gurubashi can do some work if left alone and 90% of the time it does until my opponent realize they had a mistake. i might take out hellscream, he really dont see much play , but right now its still a working process.

12170805_917675368307029_1061959701_o.jpg

it got fireballed the next turn

Dahbomb

Drudis have sucked all the fun out of the new Tavern Brawl. 90%+ of the Brawl opponents used Druid and they are so far ahead of the other classes in this Brawl. Druid with opening hand Innervate + Astral Communion is instant GG (unless against another Druid).

Pooya

Druid is like the cancer class now, sucking all the fun from everything in this game, not just brawl. Paladin is actually fine...

squidyj

sucking the fun out of.....

what's fun? what is it that you want to be doing that you can't and why do you think it is reasonable that you be allowed to do it?

Dahbomb

sucking the fun out of.....

what's fun? what is it that you want to be doing that you can't and why do you think it is reasonable that you be allowed to do it?
I don't find Paladin winning the game off of MC being played on turn 6 to be fun.

I don't find taking 20+ damage with no board presence to be fun.

Arena is whatever, I don't really care that Paladin is dominating in it. Actually it's good that some class other than Mage is on top for once.

The Brawl comment is also whatever, it's supposed to be imbalanced as hell. I actually did find the Brawl fun conceptually and played a lot of games in the first 2 days but now the Brawl meta has been refined and well that's that.

squidyj

I don't find Paladin winning the game off of MC being played on turn 6 to be fun.

I don't find taking 20+ damage with no board presence to be fun.

how is this less fun than any one of a million other unfavorable scenarios, it's not like there's nothing you can do about either situation.

Dahbomb

how is this less fun than any one of a million other unfavorable scenarios, it's not like there's nothing you can do about either situation.
I would like to hear what I can do about taking 20+ damage with no board and MC played on turn 6. Especially MC that doesn't involve Hunter Flare + Highmane to kill it.

Note that those were just two of the things I don't find fun currently. And just because I find them unfun doesn't mean that I find them unacceptable (though I definitely find MC unacceptable). I hate stuff like Spellslinger in the game but it's fine still.

squidyj

I would like to hear what I can do about taking 20+ damage with no board and MC played on turn 6.

everything you did before the turns where they were played impacted the outcome of the game and the usefulness of those specific turns. you have to play around shit, you can't just brokeback your way through fucking games and expect to win.

specifically protecting your health total to stay out of combo range. IF your games are typically shortish then seeing double combo is incredibly rare so you should usually plan to stay out of range of say single druid combo for 14 damage, if your games go very long because you run a fatigue style deck you need to be aware of the fact that they are going to be able to burst you down a great deal from hand. if your deck can't handle it then your deck isn't designed to win the matchup.

With mysterious challenger the best strategy is to hold the board early. If you can't do that at all then in the current meta you're probably losing to all sorts of decks and you shouldn't even bother.

Dahbomb

everything you did before the turns where they were played impacted the outcome of the game and the usefulness of those specific turns. you have to play around shit, you can't just brokeback your way through fucking games and expect to win.
I realize all of this but for this to happen you have to be far ahead on board.

That's not always possible when the Paladin is dumping their hands + Divine Favor or Druids are ramping into their big threats early.

For MC and FoN + SR to not be a game winning play.. you have to be far ahead of them on board. You can't even be tied on board, because then you will lose.

And the only way you are going to be ahead on board against those two classes right now is to play an even more faceroll deck than them. Something like Eboladin, Face Hunter, Zoolock. So basically the games are going to be decided by who's Knife Juggler hit the best targets to gain the upperhand (another thing that is really lame) or who's Arcane Missiles + Flamewaker hit the best targets (or Unbalanced Esportal).

Guess what... that is EXACTLY what you are seeing on Ladder right now. It's all about who can one up each on the aggro/tempo/RNG department.

specifically protecting your health total to stay out of combo range. IF your games are typically shortish then seeing double combo is incredibly rare so you should usually plan to stay out of range of say single druid combo for 14 damage, if your games go very long because you run a fatigue style deck you need to be aware of the fact that they are going to be able to burst you down a great deal from hand. if your deck can't handle it then your deck isn't designed to win the matchup.

With mysterious challenger the best strategy is to hold the board early. If you can't do that at all then in the current meta you're probably losing to all sorts of decks and you shouldn't even bother.
So basically your answer is to out aggro an aggro Secret Paladin to win or don't even bother playing the game online. Not all that surprising because that's pretty much what everyone else is trying to do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom