• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Now that patron is dead, can we start yelling about nerfing druids

Not featured: the t4 Ancient of War and consecutive Lores. And even with my godly draws, I skipped death for 5 turns at the end as he tried to draw his 2nd Savage Roar.

Druids always gonna be the hardest class to balance due to inervate as well as shit like force of nature combo.

Pooya

yeah, that's the obvious change that needs to be done. Blizzard goes on about that charging to heroes face isn't fun. That's the worst offender in the game now. Druid will be perfectly healthy as the ramp class now, there is no need for them to have stupid burst damage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nerfing isn't necessary IF you introduce cards to counterbalance what needs to be nerfed. Blizzard has been horrible at this though, so nerfing has become necessary

Printing cards that counterbalance a single other card is horrid design. Even very generalized tech cards like owl or BGH can't fit into every deck. Niche ones like Lil Exorcist never make the cut.

Tacitus_

Well tbh Paladin needs a nerf before druid does.

Nerfing is not the way forward though, it just limits the game.
Mysterious Challenger could use a numbers tweak. Less stats or less secrets pulled or something like that. Murloc knight is OP in arena but you can usually deal with it in constructed.

Force combo is easy to balance, make it so the treants can attack minions only.

Or do something to Savage Roar. Multiple chargers is fine, but when you give them a mini Bloodlust it gets stupid.

Printing cards that counterbalance a single other card is horrid design. Even very generalized tech cards like owl or BGH can't fit into every deck. Niche ones like Lil Exorcist never make the cut.

Lil Exorcist never made the cut because it simply wasn't good enough. Owl and BGH don't need to fit into every deck for them to be considered very effective at what they do. Hell, Dr. Boom might be the most OP card in the game and it doesn't fit into every deck.

As for my point, I was talking about a card that counterbalances a type of card or philosophy, not a single card. The game needs a Harrison Jones type of card for secrets, which would help balance more than one card

Tacitus_

As for my point, I was talking about a card that counterbalances a type of card or philosophy, not a single card. The game needs a Harrison Jones type of card for secrets, which would help balance more than one card

Kezan Mystic exists. It's a fine counter vs mages and hunters, but since paladin secrets are individually crappy and you get 4-5 out at once with Dr.6, it does little vs them.

bord

Neo Member
So after having my Sludge Belcher silenced a few too many times for my liking, I started thinking about what would make Taunt minions more resilient.

The only thing I could think of was having multiple bodies, like Feral Spirit but without the crippling overload.

mPJUMUn.png

So even if one gets silenced, you'll still have something.

I was thinking 3/5 at first, because Cairne is basically two Chillwind yetis for 6 mana and still doesn't get played, so why not two Sen'jins? But that seemed OP, and what keeps Cairne in check is that it's a deathrattle so you're not getting everything upfront.

It's still a lot of stats for the mana and may need some more tinkering, but being able to have some form of Taunt that doesn't leave you helpless after hearing *hoot hoot* is the goal.

So Reddit is saying the Tavern Brawl will be soul of the cards, all cards don't have text, instead of the co op. This makes me sad, but time to play Shaman without overload lol

ZealousD

Kezan Mystic already exists. So you are looking for a card that counters multiple secrets at the same time. This is much more niche as a tech card and really would only serve to counter MC specifically.

ZealousD

So Reddit is saying the Tavern Brawl will be soul of the cards, all cards don't have text, instead of the co op. This makes me sad, but time to play Shaman without overload lol

That sounds like Reddit is cracking jokes about Warsong Commander being a 3 mana 2/3 being the "soul of the card".

bjaelke

"Dungeon bosses want to help you play! Build your own deck but get a random boss power! Each time you use it, you get a new one!"

Pooya

Brawl is constructed but you get a random BOSS hero power and it changes every time you use it.

edit: it's pretty stupid. Hunter guy summoned that spell damage +2 token and I won with fireball and frostbolt...

Brought in tempo mage, why not. Classes like rogue are unplayable in the brawl or even hunter or warrior maybe.

bjaelke

Brawl is constructed but you get a random BOSS hero power and it changes every time you use it.

edit: it's pretty stupid. Hunter guy summoned that spell damage +2 token and I won with fireball and frostbolt...

Brought in tempo mage, why not. Classes like rogue are unplayable in the brawl or even hunter or warrior maybe.

That has never stopped the majority from picking hunter every damn week.

Heropon

A druid used that machine that lowers the mana cost of spells to do their poisonous combo. Force of Nature or Savage Roar should be erased from this world.

Xanathus

Ahaha I'm watching gnimsh's stream and Savage Combatant or any other Inspire minion is ridiculous because you can keep Hero Powering and getting the effect multiple times.

Heropon

Okay, a warrior conceded because Pile On! (summons a random minion for the two players) summoned me a Kvaldir Raider. This is even more ridiculous than last week.

ZealousD

Ahaha I'm watching gnimsh's stream and Savage Combatant or any other Inspire minion is ridiculous because you can keep Hero Powering and getting the effect multiple times.

Mgrlrgrlrggrlrgrlrgelrlrlrlrl

Ladekabel

Brawl is kinda meh. Tried a little bit with Druid and Inspire but lost 3 games in a row, build a Face Hunter deck and won my first game. Will not play again and pack was shit.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So there's this new midrange patron deck that eloise is running right now on stream and is surprisingly decent, won games with it. It reminds me of quartermaster paladin since you can summon a bunch of 3/3 in one turn, i wonder if it's gonna become the new face of patron.

johnsmith

remember me
So there's this new midrange patron deck that eloise is running right now on stream and is surprisingly decent, won games with it. It reminds me of quartermaster paladin since you can summon a bunch of 3/3 in one turn, i wonder if it's gonna become the new face of patron.
It'll be how people kept playing miracle after the nerfs. You'll be able to win games but it'll never be as good as it was.

The first ever legendary I got was Nozdormu. Prior to this weeks brawl, the last legendary i opened was a dupe Nozdormu. Today, got golden mad bomber, blizzard (needed a second one), twisting nether, and a golden Nozdormu.

I really don't want to dust it, but i'm obviously going to dust it. RIP in pepperoni.

ViviOggi

The first ever legendary I got was Nozdormu. Prior to this weeks brawl, the last legendary i opened was a dupe Nozdormu. Today, got golden mad bomber, blizzard (needed a second one), twisting nether, and a golden Nozdormu.

I really don't want to dust it, but i'm obviously going to dust it. RIP in pepperoni.
Nooo don't do it

My first legendary was Chillhouse and I pulled that little fucker at least three more times. Never golden though (BabyRage)

Pooya

Started an arena run after some time, obviously no top class is ever offered for me between warlock and druid I went with druid. I got one ancient of war and 8 decent 2 drops like aspirant, flame juggler, 3x druid of saber etc . Played 3 games so far, 2 mage 1 paladin. Game please?

First mage was utterly ridiculous with flamewaker and arcane missile and I didn't draw a single 2 drop except wild growth. I managed to win that game as ancient of war completely shut him down. Second game, wow this mage I lost count how polymorphs he had like 4 or 5 and it was smorc all the way and my master jouster even didn't win. I lost it and again not a single 2 drop...

This time against paladin I draw a 2 drop finally, a flame juggler, obviously he hits face every time I play this card. Managed to win by gaining tempo with naturalize and enhance-o-mecho and savage roar for lethal from full health lol.

Arena makes me really angry at times. I'm not sure how many two drops I need to draft to get one or two in opening and how come everyone is mage and paladin except me.

This brawl is pretty cool. Just threw some inspire cards in a Warrior deck and it worked pretty well.

Edit: Alright nevermind. Brawl is pretty shit. Complete RNG based on who gets the better hero powers. This Druid got gain mana crystal, summon bone things, summon slimes then double Savage Roar'd me. Fucking dumb.

Oh, lost to another Druid combo. Just play Druid everyone. It's broken in every fucking mode in the game now.

Tagyhag

Did a brawl, I got "do 1 damage to all enemy minions, summon a slime if any of them die", opponent got "Summon 3 1/1 whelps." and they quit immediately.

I guess it's one of those brawls.

manhack

This brawl is pretty cool. Just threw some inspire cards in a Warrior deck and it worked pretty well.

Edit: Alright nevermind. Brawl is pretty shit. Complete RNG based on who gets the better hero powers. This Druid got gain mana crystal, summon bone things, summon slimes then double Savage Roar'd me. Fucking dumb.

Oh, lost to another Druid combo. Just play Druid everyone. It's broken in every fucking mode in the game now.

I made an astral communion deck with savage combatant and maiden of the lake. Doing 10 hero powers a turn with savage combatant on board is hilarious. Found it amusing the 1st game was against a standard secret paladin...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i got lethal thanks to nexus champion saarad. Double maiden of the lake and nexus champion saraad = "( ͡° ͜◯ ͡°) CLOWN FIESTA ( ͡° ͜◯ ͡°)"

Pretty damn cool.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I made an Inspire deck for the new Brawl but I only used my hero power a single time to win the game and it was on my last turn. Oh well.

Dahbomb

I was thinking about trying out Coldarra Drake when I get home. I'd probably need a Maiden of the Lake in there to make it really work. I still don't see Fencing Coach getting used.
Coldarra Drake is stupid in this because you have the Coldarra Drake effect by default!

You always have unlimited hero usage in this Brawl (provided you have the mana).

No matter the deck you make for the brawl, Maiden of the Lake, Nexus-Champion Saraad and Kvaldir Raider are all auto includes. Boneguard Lieutenant and Kodorider are also pretty good.

Tacitus_

Thought I'd lose hopelessly in TB as my druid opponent coined the "draw a card, gain a mana crystal" on t1, but then it just went downhill for him. Pile On drew him a Lore vs my Frost Elly and he got it again and got himself Darnassus Aspirant and I got Dr. Boom.

The final piece was when he got the Active a Tron power and got the -3 mana cost to spells while I had a bunch of low cost spells and Antonidas in my hand and 8 mana.

I also got the ME SMASH 3x in a row. I wonder what the odds are for that.

Realized I was still rank 23 by virtue of not playing any ranked this month, so I decided to grind like 5 handlock games to get to rank 20

the secret paladin matchup is more difficult than I would've guessed. That deck can instantly have a strong board by having secrets trigger and handlock has a tough time dealing with stuff that can't be dealt with via board clears or silences. Will be interesting to see what the top players tech into the deck once midrange paladin becomes the top meta deck.

squidyj

still less RNG than last week.

Dahbomb

Saboteur is good in this as well. I have won a few games because of it.

Paladin deck with Maiden of the Lake, Murloc Knight, Silverhand Regent, Mukla's Champion hell even throw in some Lowly Squire = GG Brawl

Druid is pretty strong in this too due to Savage Combatant and of course the cheesy ramp/combo shenanigans.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm doing Ramp Inspire. And I threw in a few legendaries (Rag, Kel) for that random minion hero power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom