• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLwChvk.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is literally Rogue heaven
KuGsj.gif

Varian is so cool man. Warrior is my least complete card class, but I'd definitely craft a Varian if I couldn't pull him from packs.

And I said this to a buddy of mine earlier today, while Varian will be a god-tier Arena card, I bet Mage lives that dream through Unstable Portal more than Warrior ever will. Mage stays winning.

jgminto

I didn't get to mess around with Druid the last time this Brawl was active due to lacking a lot of Druid spells. It's so amazingly broken!

jgminto

The fact that rogue has so many low cost spells has me rolling. Especially the 0 and 1s. SO MANY TARGET DUMMIES

I got a Turn 3 Lethal with:

Turn 1 Claw -> Dust Devil for 2 damage that turn
Turn 2 Mark of the Wild on Dust Devil -> Bluegill for 12 damage that turn
Turn 3 Mark of Nature on Dust Devil for 18 damage alone.

Vire

I just wanted to stop by just to say oh my godz Varian!

As soon as I read that I was like holy shit control Warrior value!

CoolOff

Varian is so cool man. Warrior is my least complete card class, but I'd definitely craft a Varian if I couldn't pull him from packs.

And I said this to a buddy of mine earlier today, while Varian will be a god-tier Arena card, I bet Mage lives that dream through Unstable Portal more than Warrior ever will. Mage stays winning.

You're gonna see more Varian from combined Sneed's-drops than Warriors actually drafting him. Nobody plays Warrior.

#ArenaWarriorsMatter

Thinking about Varian is just making me giddy since Warrior is my favorite class and CW is still my favorite deck. Will craft in gold instantly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just saw Varian

what?

Varian is the only 10 cost card that feels like a 10 cost card.

Well, Mind Control is pretty strong too.

And now a zoo that rolls 4 twice in a row on implosion. This game tonight is making me want to smash something.

Implosion is a messy shitstain on the game design in general. Card I hate the most in Hearthstone. Too much variance. It's also why I'm going to hate Ram Wrangler or whatever is is. Gives you 1-10 mana.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, so many handlocks today.

Not kidding, just played 3 in a row.

And now a zoo that rolls 4 twice in a row on implosion. This game tonight is making me want to smash something.

And playing against kibler's dragon deck. This deck is cancer to play against. So annoying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Varian is the only 10 cost card that feels like a 10 cost card.

Well, Mind Control is pretty strong too.

Most 9 mana cards are basically 10 mana cards that you can play a turn earlier. Or, if you think of it the other way around, 10 mana cards are basically 9 mana cards that you have to wait one more turn to play. I say this because once you hit 10 mana it's almost impossible to play a 9 mana card and follow it up with a 1 mana card.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is there still no Loatheb variant that increases minion cost of your opponent by 5 mana for a turn. That would be a nice anti aggro card.

holy shit

And people say Shaman is in trouble. Nobody wants to play Druid at all, it seems.

Not true. The gold ancient of war is a duplicate - I have two regular ones. I just dust everything gold with the mentality that I don't even have a full regular set, no point trying to save for gold cards when there's no functional difference.

I'm not Kripp, basically.

manhack

Ugh, so many handlocks today.

Not kidding, just played 3 in a row.

And playing against kibler's dragon deck. This deck is cancer to play against. So annoying.

It's funny you say that. I've been playing one Warlock after the other. 10 in the last 20 games to be exact. 4 in a row the last 4 games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I really wonder why knife juggler isn't a 2/2. People would still play it.

Eh.... not convinced they would. Knife Juggler already feels kinda bad when you play it on curve. Making it a 2/2 would just make it worse.

ok so i was thinking

get rhonin out, let him take the piss
get rivendare out
get sorcerer's apprentice out
get antonidas
let rhonin die

6x 0 cost arcane missiles
6x free fireballs at 3 mana

clear board for easy 18 to face, then wreck for 12 more using fireballs

edit: wait no that's dumb you'd need 3 turns to get them all out. rhonin would die first

Yoshichan

zoukka

9 game winstreak with face hunter!

Yeah the Alex + Grommash combo is really threatening from Control Warrior. It's a really strong win condition for them.

However most other cards on Warrior are replaceable for Varryn. More than anything the card draw is really valuable for Control Warrior to tackle the Handlock match up (like mentioned before in my post). I mean Warriors run Nefarian for god's sakes.... this is IMO WAY better than Nefarian.

I've never ran nefarian, card is dank imo. And you can't compare varian and nefarian directly anyways, 2 mana difference is a lot in hearthstone. Varian is very balanced since often you will not live to play it or just die immediately after playing it.

Dahbomb

I've never ran nefarian, card is dank imo. And you can't compare varian and nefarian directly anyways, 2 mana difference is a lot in hearthstone. Varian is very balanced since often you will not live to play it or just die immediately after playing it.
Well I have faced off against enough Warriors with Nefarians in their decks to know it's some what of a thing (definitely used in Dragon Warrior). Not super common but it's used here and there.

I brought up Nefarian because it's the closest comparison to Varian. You put down a big body and you get a few cards. But Varian in fact has no real comparison... the only other 10 drop is Deathwing and IMO Varian is not only much better than Deathwing (well in most cases, in some cases Deathwing can be game winning) but also much better than Nefarian.

The other close comparison to Varian is Ancient of Lore. Draw 2 cards at 7 mana on a 5/5 body. Varian is +2/+2 stats, draws an additional card and automatically plays minion for free all for 3 extra mana. When you look at the card with that mindset then you can see how powerful Varian is because Ancient of Lore is a staple in pretty much all Druid decks.

zoukka

Varian is definitely a strong win condition by itself, but only the meta will tell how reliable he is. Even ysera has fallen a bit out of fashion since you are often dead the turn after you play her. Varian can dig taunts so that't a big plus but 10 mana is 10 mana. Card is good in control mirrors.

jgminto

The other close comparison to Varian is Ancient of Lore. Draw 2 cards at 7 mana on a 5/5 body. Varian is +2/+2 stats, draws an additional card and automatically plays minion for free all for 3 extra mana. When you look at the card with that mindset then you can see how powerful Varian is because Ancient of Lore is a staple in pretty much all Druid decks.

Now that's value.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I'm a Paladin. I play Avenge and the coin to summon a flame imp and a wisp.

Mage pings the wisp.

Turn 2, 6/4 flame imp.

Fastest concede I've ever gotten lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom