• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

That's completely broken. I'd just build a Paladin deck similar to the Murloc lists focused on drawing, healing and stalling the game, but put in that card + Alexstraza + maybe Ysera + 2 Dragon Consorts + maybe Emperor. Freeze Mage could also work.

You must be high.
laugh.gif

You'd lose to almost all midrange and aggro decks. You're running too many high end cards imo, and 2-3 of those you'd wouldn't want to run. And the spell itself is worthless on its own.

And freeze mage? Assuming it could all fit, you'd probably never win. If you somehow win a game, you'd win way more with standard freeze mage so why even bother.

manhack

I did play some ranked today to get my dailies down that I have been saving up for the past few days.

Man it was exactly the crap fest I have come to expect. And the level of play seems to have gotten even worse as quality of decks go up.

I feel you man. 60 more wins to farm for golden Rogue so I've been playing wacky Rogue decks to make it more fun.

Been playing a homemade Pit Viper/Raptor rogue and doing really well. Also Playing Pit Viper Dragon Rogue, Reno Rogue and Mech Rogue.

The best part is I have positive win rate with all of these crazy rogue decks.

In the last 50 games the only slightly unique deck I played against was silence Druid, but I still died to combo so it doesn't count.

Xanathus

You must be high.
laugh.gif

You'd lose to almost all midrange and aggro decks. You're running too many high end cards imo, and 2-3 of those you'd wouldn't want to run. And the spell itself is worthless on its own.

And freeze mage? Assuming it could all fit, you'd probably never win. If you somehow win a game, you'd win way more with standard freeze mage so why even bother.

I misread the text, I thought it said "If you've played Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, Nozdormu OR Deathwing".

JohnCYQ

Gotta try for a more outrageous concept.

Hearth Roulette
10 mana

Destroy 2 random minions. If at least 2 minions remain on both sides of the field, win the game.

Dahbomb

I feel you man. 60 more wins to farm for golden Rogue so I've been playing wacky Rogue decks to make it more fun.

Been playing a homemade Pit Viper/Raptor rogue and doing really well. Also Playing Pit Viper Dragon Rogue, Reno Rogue and Mech Rogue.

The best part is I have positive win rate with all of these crazy rogue decks.

In the last 50 games the only slightly unique deck I played against was silence Druid, but I still died to combo so it doesn't count.
I don't have a problem winning, my Priest winrate is like 80%. I have gotten to rank 9 doing just daily quests, many of which I used up on Tavern Brawls for testing purposes.

It's just that it's not fun to play against that type of playstyle. The play and forget style. I swear I played a Zoolock player who didn't once tap first before making plays. That person almost won because he got Doomguard off of Deathlord.

accel

I don't know what you guys see in that Zalae vs Lifecoach game. Aggro shaman roping and playing nothing for the first few turns does feel weird, sure, but that's about it and it's just a product of card draw that game (Zalae had options, decided to wait more, fine, whatever). Meh.

ViviOggi

I think I'm done until we start getting more info. I'm just bored of the game right now, and 3/4th's of my friends list have stopped playing in the last couple months
With the crazy releases in February and Hearthstone being such a piece of shit I haven't even done quests regularly. I might play some today but then again SFV is working so...

Yea I haven't done quests in about a couple weeks now. I feel bad but I dont have the drive to play right now. I am hype for the new stuff though

Xanathus

With the crazy releases in February and Hearthstone being such a piece of shit I haven't even done quests regularly. I might play some today but then again SFV is working so...

The ONLY reason I play is just to get my dailies done. I'm never spending a single cent on this game.

accel

Same here in terms of not even doing dailies.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I am not really happy with how HS is today (two main gripes: too much RNG, and way too simplistic meta in arenas, I don't even care about constructed, so I imagine you guys will have much bigger lists of issues), I have serious doubts that the changes will make it much better, what they said does not inspire much confidence (although that's a step forward from what it was, etc, just too small), and, frankly, I am currently on a break and I am not sure I will get back to the game after it.

Yeah, you guys are right. I'm going to play another game where skill trumps all RNG and there is no chance involved at all. If you guys need me, I'll be playing XCOM 2.

Kornflayx

Huh, so I'm not the only one who stopped playing when they announced the new formats. I don't even watch the streams anymore. Let's see if Standard brings some new life into this game. If not, one less game where I can spend my money stupidly.

gutshot

Put another one in the "only playing to complete dailies while we wait for the next expansion" column. It's all good though, I've got Overwatch to keep me busy.

gutshot

Once the new expansion drops, you will all be "OMG look at this card it's so good I have to have it".

Oh, for sure. New expansions are some of the most exciting times as everyone is trying out new cards and new decks. I just wish it was coming sooner.

Kibler is right, they really do need to release more content to keep players engaged and the meta fresh.

Oh, for sure. New expansions are some of the most exciting times as everyone is trying out new cards and new decks. I just wish it was coming sooner.

Kibler is right, they really do need to release more content to keep players engaged and the meta fresh.
It actually blows my mind that Blizzard can put so little effort into a game that reportedly makes $20 million a month.

ViviOggi

Once the new expansion drops, you will all be "OMG look at this card it's so good I have to have it".
If the nerfs and expansion are legit good I don't mind splurging real money on a few packs to get most commons + rares, and for anything else I saved up more than enough arena dust.

And if the set is TGT tier and the nerfs do nothing I'll stick to arena or drop the game.

manhack

Yeah I like how Duelyst is adding 4-5 cards a month to the pool and you can earn those cards through ladder reward chest based on your rank you get up to a Legendary. They also have replay feature now.

Firebat suggested adding a new card every week as another possible idea to shake up the meta and keep the game fresh between expansions.

I think mini-card releases would do a lot to bring people back every week just to try them out and it would make the meta every changing.

Yeah I like how Duelyst is adding 4-5 cards a month to the pool and you can earn those cards through ladder reward chest based on your rank you get up to a Legendary. They also have replay feature now.

Firebat suggested adding a new card every week as another possible idea to shake up the meta and keep the game fresh between expansions.

I think mini-card releases would do a lot to bring people back every week just to try them out and it would make the meta every changing.
Eh. On the other hand, it might make Hearthstone's community more like the PS+ community. "OH MY GOD THIS WEEK'S CARD SUCKS. WHAT THE HELL BLIZZARD?!" Whereas an entire set released every 3 months is much more likely to be successful in engaging the general audience. Plus, some people might be overwhelmed by such frequent updates. Sporadic releases are helpful for casual players.

Intrigue

Banned

I personally do not like the way adventures are done, 1 wing each week.

that fast changing meta is not fun and some classes get key cards before other classes

I could go with maybe once a month each class get a new card or some neutral gets released.

Dahbomb

That didn't happen with TGT lol.

I think the only card that made people wet was Varian. Most other cards got a resounding meh. Mysterious Challenger was in the "could be broken but depends on viability of secrets in deck" tier.

Apathy

That didn't happen with TGT lol.

I think the only card that made people wet was Varian. Most other cards got a resounding meh. Mysterious Challenger was in the "could be broken but depends on viability of secrets in deck" tier.

I posted a few pages back that I was watching the pros rate new cards when they got released (for loe , tgt and BRM) and I said it was interesting to see what they said about them before they could play them. Most put MC as a bad card. It isn't until they could get play that the full potential might show up in ways people were not expecting.

Dahbomb

Historically most players get like 80-90% cards right in their predictions but they end up missing fringe cards that either are potentially garbage or broken. Pros tend to lean on the bad side because most cards in expansions are below average.

Grim Patron, Dr Boom and Mysterious Challenger all got the same treatment. Though it should be noted that Grim Patron was evaluated when Warsong Commander couldn't give charge to summoned creatures, which greatly changed the dynamics of the card, due to a bug.

Aylinato

I think I'm done until we start getting more info. I'm just bored of the game right now, and 3/4th's of my friends list have stopped playing in the last couple months

Just add me then, I play everyday casually with gimmicky decks. I've gotten to rank 5 before with handlock(which my warlock is golden) but I enjoy more creative decks now

Owzers

I was most hyped for Mysterious Challenger because it was an epic and seemed really powerful. Varian did sound awesome, but since it was a legendary the hype diminished, and i also thought Chllmaw was going to be great for anti-aggro/patron, and that's the only legendary i got out of my TGT packs ( and one golden MC yessssss) and i don't even use it because i don't have the other non-black rock dragons.

Dahbomb

Saraad might see more play in Standard format. It's definitely top 3 Legendary to be introduced in TGT.

TGT has less playable Legendaries than LOE has total Legendaries... and LoE still manages to have same numbe of usable Legendaries. They realized that they can't just keep printing expensive Legendaries and expect them to see a lot of play.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Saraad might see more play in Standard format. It's definitely top 3 Legendary to be introduced in TGT.

Eh, Saraad is too fair. I would actually put him as maaaybe fourth. He's behind Justicar, Chillmaw, and Paletress. On par with Rhonin, Gormok, and Dreadscale.

Pooya

Majority of any set is not going to see play. It was true for gvg too, yeah there were like 30 or so strong cards and the rest were just awful or gimmick. Awful cards are necessary any ways, they design a set for arena or new players too.

This has been true so far for both TGT and GvG. I'm not expecting the new set to suddenly consist of 50 percent competitive cards.

Now for TGT the percentage was really low and those cards that saw play mostly weren't too strong but good and balanced I would say except the ones you know.

Average quality of legendary cards in TGT is way better than GvG imo. GvG cards are mostly gimmick fun cards and then there were Boom, Mal'Ganis and Vol'jin. Maybe Toshley too, the rest were gimmicks or just awful. TGT legendary cards are generally playable, maybe slow but they have reasonable effects. Cards like Rhonin or Mist Caller or Eydis twins. The only bad ones are Wilfred, Skeleton Knight and Bolf but even those aren't as useless as Hemet or Flame Leviathan... There were no Dr. Booms (good thing) but on average they are pretty good. They could see play in standard.

I actually hope they keep the power level of card on a similar level to LoE overall. There are strong cards but you have to build your deck around them. They can make exciting cards that aren't just crazy broken.

Dahbomb

Eh, Saraad is too fair. I would actually put him as maaaybe fourth. He's behind Justicar, Chillmaw, and Paletress. On par with Rhonin, Gormok, and Dreadscale.
I like it better than Paeltress to be honest. Better stat distribution, lower cost to play it and you don't feel awful playing it on curve.

It has seen use in CW and Renolock. I think with Boom gone you can use this as your 7 drop.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The issue with Paletress is her ability is so random that it can only either be crushingly powerful (Deathwing, King Krush, etc) or totally useless/detrimental (Cho, Pagle, etc). Maybe they will continue printing middle cost legendaries so that she has the ability to get some kind of average value. Without that though most of the time she is incredibly swing-y. I always end up considering her for my priest deck as some kind of "end game" or "finisher", but then almost always cut her later to make the deck more consistent.

manhack

Sneed's Old Shredder has been a lot of fun in my Deathrattle Rogue. I've had the dream of Sneeds into double Raptor yesterday. I also had a game where I went into Sneed's, Confessor Paletress and started dominating a Priest.

Love my current Raptor Rogue deck because it forces so much removal early on and can curve into crazy endgame.

I will probably post my Dragon Rogue and Raptor Rogue this weekend just to see what people think.

Unless they have some great deathrattle minions in the new expansion Raptor Rogue is dead in Standard.

Top Bottom