• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Damn Shaman ruins everything.

Don't worry, Shaman gets absolutely ruined in Spring 2017. Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Ancestral Knowledge, Lava Shock, Elemental Destruction, Tuskar Totemic, and Fireguard Destroyer all get moved to Wild. Shaman will be back to the dark days where it doesn't even have a tier 2 deck.

Don't worry, Shaman gets absolutely ruined in Spring 2017. Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Ancestral Knowledge, Lava Shock, Elemental Destruction, Tuskar Totemic, and Fireguard Destroyer all get moved to Wild. Shaman will be back to the dark days where it doesn't even have a tier 2 deck.
Hopefully by then Blizzard will have created an identity for the poor guy. Overload just isn't working out.

Tacitus_

Two DC wins for savjz so far, both 5th games which he were going to lose...

Hopefully by then Blizzard will have created an identity for the poor guy. Overload just isn't working out.

I think it would be cool if Overload was an EXTRA cost you could choose to pay for bonus abilities. Kind of like how Druid can choose two different effects, maybe Shaman could choose from two Lightning Bolts:

1) 2 damage for 1 mana.
2) 3 damage for 2 mana.

So you can choose to boost the damage for an extra mana cost, keeping the spells relevant longer.

Get rank 5 or legend every month, cant win a fucking brawl fml.
What's your ranked deck?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sneed's Old Shredder has been a lot of fun in my Deathrattle Rogue. I've had the dream of Sneeds into double Raptor yesterday. I also had a game where I went into Sneed's, Confessor Paletress and started dominating a Priest.

Love my current Raptor Rogue deck because it forces so much removal early on and can curve into crazy endgame.

I will probably post my Dragon Rogue and Raptor Rogue this weekend just to see what people think.

Unless they have some great deathrattle minions in the new expansion Raptor Rogue is dead in Standard.

Sneed's/Anubarak is overkill in Raptor Rogue imo. My deck tops out at Sky Golems and Dr. Boom, and I already have like 70%-80% winrate against Reno decks and Control Warrior.

The Adder

Banned
Get rank 5 or legend every month, cant win a fucking brawl fml.

I'm the exact opposite. I get to 15 and stop trying every month, but I have a very high win ratio in non-random brawls. This is likely because Brawl plays to my/against your strengths. I can build the shit out of gimmick decks, but I don't like using conventional meta decks even in ranked and suck at building anything particularly good myself. You can probably build pretty solid real decks, but gimmicks probably aren't your thing.

manhack

Sneed's/Anubarak is overkill in Raptor Rogue imo. My deck tops out at Sky Golems and Dr. Boom, and I already have like 70%-80% winrate against Reno decks and Control Warrior.

I might try something like that again, but at this point fun factor over win % and sometimes a bit of both.

For example I'm doing dailies with a lock and load hunter and absolutely destroying Control Warriors which happen to be extremely popular today at Rank 9.

Dream today was Elise Warrior who played monkey. I cleared his monkey, shieldmaiden with explosive. Froze his sneeds old shredder, deadly shot on his tirion, deadly shot his mogor the ogor, then he played gallywix :D

Lock and load with gallywix and a hand full of spells. I eventually killed him with unleash and multiple kill commands.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am not at all convinced on these Miracle Rogues. They are just getting farmed by the Druids/Shamans.

The StrifeCro "Tempo" Rogue seems better which is basically Oil Rogue but with Assassin's Blade and Tomb Pillager instead of Shredder.

manhack

Yeah I am not at all convinced on these Miracle Rogues. They are just getting farmed by the Druids/Shamans.

Yeah rogue is going to need some pretty serious cards in the expansion with Raptor Rogue and Oil Rogue being either unlikely or just plain dead.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah rogue is going to need some pretty serious cards in the expansion with Raptor Rogue and Oil Rogue being either unlikely or just plain dead.

All they need to do to keep the Raptor as a semi-useful card is print a few useful netural deathrattles. Raptor can already copy Tomb Pillager in that deck (coins are so good for rogue), it won't take much to make the card relevant. I doubt they are going to be printing deathrattles like Sludge Belcher or Creeper, but even a couple decent neutral ones will make that card good.

Pooya

Do we have any idea if Blizzard is going to nerf Mysterious Challenger?

Doesn't look like it. They actually posted a blog post yesterday gloating on its design and how it brought unplayable paladin secrets into the game. Brode had some comments about it in pcgamer interview too which pretty much comes down to 'it's not going to be in standard so it doesn't matter'.

Dahbomb

Do we have any idea if Blizzard is going to nerf Mysterious Challenger?
With Standard format, cards like Avenge/Minibot/Shredder/Muster will be banned effectively nerfing the card and deck.

With a possible nerf on Knife Juggler and/or Divine Favor that may further put down the deck. I still expect a variant of it to be playable because MC as a raw 6 drop is still insane even without full Christmas Tree.

I think it would be cool if Overload was an EXTRA cost you could choose to pay for bonus abilities. Kind of like how Druid can choose two different effects, maybe Shaman could choose from two Lightning Bolts:

1) 2 damage for 1 mana.
2) 3 damage for 2 mana.

So you can choose to boost the damage for an extra mana cost, keeping the spells relevant longer.

What's your ranked deck?
That would work as long as it allows shaman to mix it up more on the board. Quit this all face all the time bs.

That would work as long as it allows shaman to mix it up more on the board. Quit this all face all the time bs.

Shaman's biggest problem is that its Basic and Classic sets have a lot of burst and no card draw. It also has really weak early game board control (Shamans only have 3 minions in Classic + Basic before turn 6: Dust Devil, Flame Tongue Totem, and Unbound Elemental, none of which are particularly great), weapons that aren't very good at board control (Stormforged Axe is a cheap Fiery War Axe knockoff, Doom Hammer requires you to take too much damage if you use it to kill minions), and only 1 board clear (Lightning Storm) that isn't even that good. Fire Elemental was the first solid drop that Shaman had, and it doesn't hit the board until turn 6, and only if you're not Overloaded at the time. Shaman finally got answers to those problems in Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, and Ancestral Knowledge and a usable Overload synergy card in Lava Shock. Of course, all of that is rotating out next year, and Shaman will be back to square 1 unless they get a whole lot of early game stuff in the coming expansions. That's one of the things I don't like about the Standard rotation. They release sets to fill the holes that some classes have, but those answers don't stick around. Priest and Shaman were garbage early on. Paladin was pretty terrible until GvG gave them some of the best cards in the game in Minibot and Muster along with some other great tools in Coghammer and Quartermaster. Then it just got stupid with Mysterious Challenger, Murloc Knight, Keeper of Uldaman, and Anyfin.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Doesn't seem likely now that the rotations have been announced. MC will only be terrorizing the Standard ladder for another year. And he's already getting an indirect nerf with Avenge rotating out.

Not just Avenge but Minbot, Muster, and Coghammer too. If you discount the upcoming set, Paladin Turns 2 and 3 will blow ass. So the deck loses all of its early game consistency. If Paladin doesn't get some ridiculous early game in the next set then the class will have to move back into a control or divine favor shell because that's what Classic cards force them be.

Xanathus

Man Onyxia, Ysera AND Varian Wrynn is super greedy for these tempo-based Dragon Warrior decks. Wrynn seems especially bad because so many of the cards in the deck are battlecry based. It feels like G2 didn't really play test the deck enough. Justicar also doesn't fit the deck.

inky

Long ago when the TGT expansion was new, playing Varyan was so satisfying, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked fucking Paladin started to reign supreme =/
It was never going to work, but for a few weeks there it actually did. I had stuff like rag or Deathwing in my Dragon Warrior deck, and it was so fun.

I just realized I haven't finished Heroic LoE. I'll do that this weekend I think.

Shaman's biggest problem is that its Basic and Classic sets have a lot of burst and no card draw. It also has really weak early game board control (Shamans only have 3 minions in Classic + Basic before turn 6: Dust Devil, Flame Tongue Totem, and Unbound Elemental, none of which are particularly great), weapons that aren't very good at board control (Stormforged Axe is a cheap Fiery War Axe knockoff, Doom Hammer requires you to take too much damage if you use it to kill minions), and only 1 board clear (Lightning Storm) that isn't even that good. Fire Elemental was the first solid drop that Shaman had, and it doesn't hit the board until turn 6, and only if you're not Overloaded at the time. Shaman finally got answers to those problems in Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, and Ancestral Knowledge and a usable Overload synergy card in Lava Shock. Of course, all of that is rotating out next year, and Shaman will be back to square 1 unless they get a whole lot of early game stuff in the coming expansions. That's one of the things I don't like about the Standard rotation. They release sets to fill the holes that some classes have, but those answers don't stick around. Priest and Shaman were garbage early on. Paladin was pretty terrible until GvG gave them some of the best cards in the game in Minibot and Muster along with some other great tools in Coghammer and Quartermaster. Then it just got stupid with Mysterious Challenger, Murloc Knight, Keeper of Uldaman, and Anyfin.

At least with Standard Blizzard knows where the holes are and can fix them with interesting solutions on each release. Though if each release is used only to cover up the holes created by the outgoing set, that could get pretty monotonous after a while. They Blizzard should really think about adding cards to standard from previous sets. (Though maybe they nerf cards each time to reflect this balance. Who knows?)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kripp's style of commentary bugs the shit out of me. He constantly says "I would ___" or "X is the play" then the player does something different, so as a spectator it makes them feel like they're doing something wrong.

This stuff should focus on potential plays and WHY the players are considering different options, not reactionary or putting yourself in their spot.

Kripp's style of commentary bugs the shit out of me. He constantly says "I would ___" or "X is the play" then the player does something different, so as a spectator it makes them feel like they're doing something wrong.

This stuff should focus on potential plays and WHY the players are considering different options, not reactionary or putting yourself in their spot.

I've been always saying this. Kripp is terrible at commentary, yet he keeps getting hired.

Dahbomb

Because that's what Frodan does or at least tries to do.

And Kripp brings the views.

Tarazet

With Standard format, cards like Avenge/Minibot/Shredder/Muster will be banned effectively nerfing the card and deck.

With a possible nerf on Knife Juggler and/or Divine Favor that may further put down the deck. I still expect a variant of it to be playable because MC as a raw 6 drop is still insane even without full Christmas Tree.

MC's body is good, Boulderfist Ogre is better. It's Competitive Spirit that makes the card bullshit to play against. If you don't clear the board on the same turn as MC is played, you're going to be even more screwed the next turn, but Avenge, Noble Sacrifice and Redemption all serve to ensure that you can't fucking do it!

Apathy

god damn I hate shaman. Not to play against, just to play as. I had a bad quest so I cycled it and got the worst one, win as a shaman. Whoever likes this class is definitely a masochist

Top Bottom