• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Xanathus

Yeaaah from watching these games I can see Standard Dragon Priest having to run some attack buff cards, Abusive, Dark Iron Dwarf, Argus. The minions can't even clear 4 health minions which used to be considered a low health.

manhack

Misdirection up as a Warrior pulls off a sick frothing berserker after clearing my board and testing for explosive trap with a 2 health minion.

I can imagine the salt after that berserker smacked him in the head for lethal.

ViviOggi

These Druid games in Scamaz's tourney are the definition of wasting time, just give both players the defwin and be done with it

Also if for some absurd reason Blizzard was still on the edge about nerfing that fucking moronic BrokeBack combo they better be watching this

Xanathus

Thijs so fucking lucky, pulling Ysera out considering his deck is filled with so many battlecry minions.

EDIT : HAHAHAA WTF WTF WTF WTF

ViviOggi

"But all those 1/1s are so annoying!" - Hearthstone in a nutshell

It's because it isn't Control Warrior, it's like a half-mix between Tempo Dragon and a few control cards. It's garbage imho.
I guess it's mainly due to the lack of DB, that does weaken Execute significantly but still...

Dahbomb

Damn Thjis won despite making a huge misplay and was up against two Yseras on board....

Man what an epic game! That final Bash!

What a finale!

mxgt

Banned
THAT MATCH

Pooya

See, this was very exciting to watch but what will happen tomorrow won't even compare to this, zzz. Hearthstone can be a good sports if Blizzard doesn't mess up again. You don't need shredder, boombots and other similar trash.

Dahbomb

So many miss plays in this game. The least worst won at the end.
Players are too used to playing short games with limited decisions per turn these days.

You could tell the pressure of the long game was getting to both of those players and they were making some bad decisions/plays.

Imagine if Shaman and Druid weren't broken in this format and didn't auto win a lot of their matches. We would've had more games like that in the tournament.

Tomcat

Players are too used to playing short games with limited decisions per turn these days.

You could tell the pressure of the long game was getting to both of those players and they were making some bad decisions/plays.

Imagine if Shaman and Druid weren't broken in this format and didn't auto win a lot of their matches. We would've had more games like that in the tournament.

That Varian missplay was amazing. You don't need to think much time in order to tell that it can easily backfire.

As for the decks they were boring as hell. The expansion better be great.

Pooya

yeah, savijz missed the track of Thijs' cards otherwise he should have known the last card is bash. Kripp's commentary, Nefarian! Nefarian!, was so bad though, we knew he was playing two bashes.

Tomcat

yeah, savijz missed the track of Thijs' cards otherwise he should have known the last card is bash. Kripp's commentary, Nefarian! Nefarian!, was so bad though, we knew he was playing two bashes.

Everything is arena for Kripp. Maybe he thought he drafted nefarian lol

ViviOggi

This is when Hearthstone is actually worth watching, meaningful decisions on almost every turn where a misplay, topdick or rng roll generates hype but doesn't end the game on the spot. Hopefully Blizz don't fuck up their chance to make these games the standard.

Also many things look like a misplay when you know the decks, hands and have multiple casters analyzing the game as well.

Fireblend

Banned
Just had the craziest game against a Control Warrior.

I'm playing Tempo Mage, got nothing to play during the first 4 turns or so, terrible hand. He probably thought I was a Freeze Mage
KuGsj.gif
Eventually we both have big hands and he handles most of my bigger threats easily: Dr. Boom and Antonidas (though I was able to get 2 fireballs off him by delaying playing him until turn 10). I was hoping my counterspell would be useful but he plays around it with the freaking Coin. I manage to contain his attacks but just barely. Eventually I get an extra frostbolt from an Ethereal Conjurer, hoping it can work as extra burst, but it looks dire.

Final turn before he's completely out of reach: I have next to nothing left in my deck and he has 23 life (10 life + 13 armor). I have a single unbuffed Mana Wyrm on the board, a frostbolt I've been saving, the one I got from the Conjurer and the 2 fireballs from Antonidas. 12 mana. And then it happens, I could almost hear the Yu Gi Oh jingle play during the final draw: Sorcerer's Apprentice. 10 exact mana. 18 from the spells in my hand + 5 damage from the buffed Mana Wyrm. Exact lethal.

I love this game.

ZZMitch

Just had the craziest game against a Control Warrior.

I'm playing Tempo Mage, got nothing to play during the first 4 turns or so, terrible hand. He probably thought I was a Freeze Mage
KuGsj.gif
Eventually we both have big hands and he handles most of my bigger threats easily: Dr. Boom and Antonidas (though I was able to get 2 fireballs off him by delaying playing him until turn 10). I was hoping my counterspell would be useful but he plays around it with the freaking Coin. I manage to contain his attacks but just barely. Eventually I get an extra frostbolt from an Ethereal Conjurer, hoping it can work as extra burst, but it looks dire.

Final turn before he's completely out of reach: I have next to nothing left in my deck and he has 23 life (10 life + 13 armor). I have a single unbuffed Mana Wyrm on the board, a frostbolt I've been saving, the one I got from the Conjurer and the 2 fireballs from Antonidas. 12 mana. And then it happens, I could almost hear the Yu Gi Oh jingle play during the final draw: Sorcerer's Apprentice. 10 exact mana. 18 from the spells in my hand + 5 damage from the buffed Mana Wyrm. Exact lethal.

I love this game.

The other guy probably threw his mouse across the room and said: I have this game.

You are almost encouraged to play secret pally...

Against priest
Turn 1
Noble sacrifice + Coin + repentance
Turn 2
Minibot
Turn 3
Cog hammer + Rag from killing his death lord (it got repentanced)

gg

Dahbomb

This is when Hearthstone is actually worth watching, meaningful decisions on almost every turn where a misplay, topdick or rng roll generates hype but doesn't end the game on the spot. Hopefully Blizz don't fuck up their chance to make these games the standard.

Also many things look like a misplay when you know the decks, hands and have multiple casters analyzing the game as well.
Come on man roping out and not being able to attack with your minions or play cards because you ran out of time is certainly a misplay.

Fireblend

Banned
I got a Warrior quest today and since I have most of the cards for Patron I decided to give that a shot. And wow, this deck is so consistent even without the charging Patrons from yesteryear :p it's incredible how well it survived that nerf. Also I subbed Grommash since I don't have it with Rafaam, and man did it deliver. I'm sure Grommash is a way more consistent finisher, but for quest-hunting it was more than enough and I love being able to use alternative cards like that, I had some really fun finishers.

Come on man roping out and not being able to attack with your minions or play cards because you ran out of time is certainly a misplay.

To be fair, sometimes the animations take longer than other times. It's weird when it happens but I've seen sludge belcher take 2-3x longer to spawn the little taunt than other times.

That is one aspect of that card I will not miss when it is removed from standard.

Tarazet

Yeaaah from watching these games I can see Standard Dragon Priest having to run some attack buff cards, Abusive, Dark Iron Dwarf, Argus. The minions can't even clear 4 health minions which used to be considered a low health.

Dragon Priest's purpose in life is to completely frustrate the hell out of aggro weenie decks. Those 2/6 taunters that control decks laugh at are like having to climb Mount Everest over and over, if you're playing something like Raptor Rogue or Egg Druid.

jgminto

Kibler's Monkey Mage is my new favourite deck. It's the first time I've actually had success with Elise and I think it's a much more exciting win condition for a Freeze-style deck than Alex/Thaurissan into burst.

Dragon Priest's purpose in life is to completely frustrate the hell out of aggro weenie decks. Those 2/6 taunters that control decks laugh at are like having to climb Mount Everest over and over, if you're playing something like Raptor Rogue or Egg Druid.
As a Zoolock player, Dragon Priest is a very frustrating matchup. It's part of why I run two Owls while most lock players run 3. I need to run past those taunts instead of deal with them up front.

Top Bottom