• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Sheroking

I'm dusting everything from GvG/Naxx.

If a card winds up being important in a brawl, I'll ghetto a deck together, get my pack and then stop playing that brawl probably.

I have five hunter decks now help me gaf

Hunter is the most boring, limited, linear class in the game - so there's probably no helping you.

RIP SonicXtreme.

sibarraz

Banned
I think that dusting all the cards now is not worthy since I think that with the 90 packs that I'm aiming to get at release plus the dust that I had I should had all or most of the worthy cards on WotOG, unless you are looking to get golden cards which will be more justified

Owzers

I don't want to dust good wild cards because of the talk about rotating some into standard later. I'll dust iffy wild stuff perhaps, gotta get needed cards.

Hunter is the most boring, limited, linear class in the game - so there's probably no helping you.

RIP SonicXtreme.

i will hunt u down

seriously tho, misdirekt hunter is none of those things. its pretty cerebral and in the current metagame probably the most viable version but it's nowhere near braindead.

midrange is fun. i made a reno one for fun, a regular facehunter for lol, and a remixed facehunter so when i play friends i can switch around. thats what sucks about playing friends. if you only have 1 or 2 decks of a certain class, u already know what they're doing by the first few turns. it's cool to be able to load up on a few favorite classes now so friend battles don't get stale as quickly

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't know why I got the feeling that the other 2 class portraits will be unlocked by playing Diablo and Hots.

That, or they are really looking to push forward WOW considering that promotion that they made for the theatrical release

Heroes makes sense from the perspective that it still has Warcraft in it, but I'm not sure either of the others fit with Diablo very well.

Warcraft 3 is probably a bit old to tie something to though.

Pooya

Maiev and Tyrande are both directly related to Ilidan, I guess they will come closer to Legion's launch. Just because this one is free doesn't mean future ones will be too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You know part of me wants to put a Bernie Sanders costume and do a stream like that.

"I hate the Loot Hoarder. He's greedy like the millionaires and billionaires."

"Circle of Healing. Because everybody deserves healthcare as a right."

fuzzyset

You can dust the other adventure cards now too. Is this a bug or working as intended? Would rather the 400 dust right now than Majordomo.

ricelord

12443324_1001956909878874_210614807_o.jpg

hmmmmmm......

is blizz trying to copy decks like a 3rd party Chinese company.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it's worth noting that the Deck Recipes are supposed to be Standard friendly.

Like you will note that Patron deck doesn't have Death's Bite. None of the Druid decks have combo, but the Beast one still runs Savage Roar.

There's probably some stuff to infer from the other deck lists about nerfs.

Ketch

not a single deck recipe that I have all the cards for.... pretty funny that there's a lot of really good decks missing from their lists...

I wonder if or how often they will update deck recipes

Xanathus

So it's worth noting that the Deck Recipes are supposed to be Standard friendly.

Like you will note that Patron deck doesn't have Death's Bite. None of the Druid decks have combo, but the Beast one still runs Savage Roar.

There's probably some stuff to infer from the other deck lists about nerfs.

The weird thing is that the Murloc Paladin recipe has Old Murkeye.

I'd rather the deck recipes just be copy pastes of popular decks than them being garbage beginner friendly decks, makes it easier to netdeck which is what everyone's planning to do anyway.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am usually way too stingy to ever actually dust any of the expansion cards.

Though looking through my collection I completely forgot Mogor's Champion was a card. This might lowkey be one of the worst one in the game...I have no idea what they were even going for. Ogre Brute and Ninja are overstatted for the cost, the shaman dude has windfury, but him? Same stats as Boulderfist, redistributed(poorly) with a downside. I am actually close to dusting the golden one I have.

Peléo

I'm dusting everything from GvG/Naxx.

If a card winds up being important in a brawl, I'll ghetto a deck together, get my pack and then stop playing that brawl probably.

I think you should wait 1-2 months until Wild develops a bit. It is hard to predict how will Wild be in the future, but it may have a healthy and interesting meta.

inky

Any big game hunters anywhere? Not that it'd say much if they weren't in the decks.

Yeah, in Handlock. You missed it in the post you quoted ;P

They said they were going to fine tune them every now and then didn't they? Or I imagined it. I don't think the decks are indicative of anything.

I just wanted to share this:
1) I started this game late January.
2) In that first month, I finished at rank 14, with my goal being rank 15.
3) In February, I set rank 10 as a goal for myself. I hit rank 7, but topped out there with my ghetto Zoolock (no Boom, Mal'Ganis, or Void Terror).
4) In March, I hit rank 5 one week ago from today. It took me just 7 days to accomplish the goal, and I did it with a Hybrid Hunter deck. I could have done it in less time, but I lost 2-3 ranks experimenting with different cards in the deck before finding the perfect mixture (note: Explorer's Hat is 100% garbage).

I almost hit rank 4, but I actually got dunked back down to rank 6. Regardless, I'm confident that I could hit Legendary with this deck by the end of the month with a bit of luck. If any of you are feeling despair about a lack of progress, or are new to the game, just know that it took me about 2 months to hit rank 5 in ranked, and my deck has only one legendary: Loatheb. The entire deck is craftable for just a bit above 1000 dust, as I recall.

I have a 75% win rate against Secret Paladin decks, as well. Unleash the Hounds is easily the best card in the whole deck. It has won me countless games by being a top pull and wiping a board, including one time where I played double Juggler into UTH, and all 8 of the daggers it summoned hit face for lethal, and the time I only got Juggler + Leper Gnome and it killed a 5/1 Doomguard off a full board, leading to a victory. I don't think Hybrid Hunter is a tier 1 deck, but I think it can be argued as middle of tier 2. I play it over Aggro Hunter because unlike Aggro Hunter, I can SOMETIMES win against Control Warriors and Priests. Maybe 40% of the time, which is still better than the 0% Aggro Hunter has in my experience.

The only $ I spent on the game was to get all of Naxx for Mad Scientists, which are essential in this meta for Hunters. Mad Scientist has led to turn 6 kills on more than one occasion - endless love for this card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I for one am glad Mad Scientist will be gone from standard. Second most overpowered card in the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently no ancients of lore either in Druid decks? Are they gonna get all fucked up?

It has always been amazingly good for its cost (heal OR card draw are rare alone and obviously amazing together) AND topping it off it's attached to a 5/5 body. I'll be happy if it gets changed.

JesseZao

The "My Collection" button at the bottom of the deck selection pane in Play Mode is new right? I'm not crazy...right?

Really appreciate this cutting out the screen transitions if you want to swap something out from a deck quickly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The "My Collection" button at the bottom of the deck selection pane in Play Mode is new right? I'm not crazy...right?

Really appreciate this cutting out the screen transitions if you want to swap something out from a deck quickly.
New.

And yes it's quite a UX buff.

Catvoca

Banned
Disenchanted Rivendare, Maexxna and Majordomo. What do you guys think is the best choice between Jaraxxus, Ysera and Malygos?

Depends how much Warlock you're playing. Ysera's probably always going to be viable in slower control decks, and Jaraxxus will probably always be played in slower warlock decks. I'd say one of those 2 personally.

Rofl how does Kibler already have 18 decks.
It has always been amazingly good for its cost (heal OR card draw are rare alone and obviously amazing together) AND topping it off it's attached to a 5/5 body. I'll be happy if it gets changed.
It was too good but this makes it seem like it's gonna get nerfed so hard that the cards gonna be real bad.

is rend blackhand an auto disenchant? i wouldn't do stuff like baron rivendale but man, blackhand looks really really awful

majordomo looks to be an auto disenchant as well. i don't want to dust maexxena in case a brawl comes around. but domo and blackhand look really awful to me right now.

Top Bottom