• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Wait I have a lvl 100 on WoW, do I get Liadrin for free? That's dope

Blizzard really gonna start pushing their cross game stuff it seems. I almost got to level 20 in HOTS just for an overpowered Battle Pet in WoW

Dahbomb

I've never played WoW. I don't want to risk getting addicted to it just for a hero portrait T_T
LMAO I am in the same boat.

Only I have been wishing to get into Wow for a while now. But it always feels like it was one of those games that you just had to be there during its peak.

gutshot

Wait I have a lvl 100 on WoW, do I get Liadrin for free? That's dope

Blizzard really gonna start pushing their cross game stuff it seems. I almost got to level 20 in HOTS just for an overpowered Battle Pet in WoW

I'm like a handful of games away from unlocking the HotS card back, but I just can't bring myself to finish leveling up. I find that game so boring.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Having played WoW at the beginning for waytoomanyhours and then having played it again recently when they had the $5 deal, it's still fun, but I don't think you'd have to worry about getting addicted to it at this point.

There's a lot of notably creaky parts given how old the game is.

georly

I've got a level 70 something character on my account from ages ago. I wonder if that will count towards it?

I'm hoping so, too. Worst case is they make me log back in to unlock it, which I think means paying for another month. No way to play for free on an account that's already a paid account from vanilla wow, no?

Pooya

You can get to level 20 in starter edition, I don't think it even takes very long these days.

I returned to wow for a month last year to catch up for legion. I'll definitely play that. Sounds really cool so far.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm sure it comes to no one's surprise, but WoW is pretty boring as a single player game. Getting level 20 isn't that hard, but the game isn't that fun without playing with others. I don't think its friendly to new players at all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you play a Goblin or Worgen you get the new intros which are the WoW equivalent of set pieces to take you through the first 10 or so levels, and then the experience rate is astronomically high these days compared to the original.

For Horde, you want to go up to Azshara instead of into the Barrens though since Azshara's content is way better.

For Alliance, I don't know what the losing team does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dahbomb

I'm sure it comes to no one's surprise, but WoW is pretty boring as a single player game. Getting level 20 isn't that hard, but the game isn't that fun without playing with others. I don't think its friendly to new players at all.
That's what I am concerned about. Seems like if you aren't doing multilayer dungeons or raids, then the game isn't worth it. And I would imagine it's hard to gather a newbie raid group to take on Ragnaros or something.

That's why I said that with WoW you just had to be there during its peak. Either that or try to get into the latest content only but I am not that tyou of player I need to experience the old content too.

There are groups that still do twink runs of old raids. I think the most common is probably Ulduar because if you defeat Algalon at an item level suitable for it to be really hard you get a Feat of Strength, essentially a super difficult achievement that you can use to brag. I expect Blizz to add Timewalking to raids, allowing you to go back and scale down your item level to suitable levels like they did with dungeons.

I think a lot of the draw of WoW is just exploring when you are first getting into it though.

Fireblend

Banned
Poor Rafaam, he's such a cool fun card. I play him in Patron Warrior just for fun and he's won me a fair amount of games. Feugenn and Stalagg are fun in Raptor Rogue too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I keep everything just because I want them in case they become useful in Tavern Brawl or a future adventure.

wow i patched the game cause i thought the portrait was out, still waiting on standard before i play again.
I have the golden portrait for pali, will i get it for the skin aswell?

Pooya

Majordomo is really good for some heroic bosses. Like you can give it to Kel'Thuzad, or one of the bosses in BRM uses mind games on turn 4. So if you play a deck with only spells...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Screw that, I've been playing since beta and I've never gotten Sylvanas.

I've found ways to be disappointed that I disenchanted The Beast.

If you're F2P then you gotta do what you gotta do, though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm not gonna DE anything just yet. If I get desperate for dust later on maybe I'll take a look at DE'ing just Maexxna or another terrible one, but having them around for weird stuff in brawl or wild is probably for the best. How else will I chase the dream of making a dank-meme level play?

Owzers

as much as i hate control warriors i kinda want to be one.....

I don't have shield maidens so i was thinking of waiting until standard, i'll need a grommash, justicar, and a second shield slam. Something is going to have to be disenchanted.

super aggro and super control decks bug me.

lol, someone just got mad at me for beating them with a murloc deck. From the end of the game to friend request to asking me how much I spent within 30 seconds. This game has the best community.

Screw that, I've been playing since beta and I've never gotten Sylvanas.

I had three Sylvanases at one point. She's my most pulled legendary, tied with Acidmaw. I eventually dusted two of them to craft an Antonidas.

CZQKlzIm.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm watching Trump look through the Deck Recipes and they range from quite reasonable to absolutely batshit insane.

It's like a minefield.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have 6,200 dust so I'm not gonna disenchant any legendaries yet.

But I'm already eyeing Maexnna.

I can't justify dusting any of the Adventure cards. No matter how crappy they are, I'll be kicking my self for doing it in that one Brawl or Gimmick deck they work well in.

sibarraz

Banned
I don't know why I got the feeling that the other 2 class portraits will be unlocked by playing Diablo and Hots.

That, or they are really looking to push forward WOW considering that promotion that they made for the theatrical release

Top Bottom