• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I got so much gold, 6500, ready to go! I really am excited to try out the new shaman cards. Also for the first time am going to try one of the recipes. The Minion Evolution sounds like a wacky and fun deck to play.

Edit: was there no way to preorder with Gold? I couldn't find a way.

Apathy

A visual representation of whats coming in 24 minutes (if they are on time)

H8YZd97.gif

I got so much gold, 6500, ready to go! I really am excited to try out the new shaman cards. Also for the first time am going to try one of the recipes. The Minion Evolution sounds like a wacky and fun deck to play.

Gotta pay for the pretty card back.

A visual representation of whats coming in 24 minutes (if they are on time)

H8YZd97.gif

Lol, I almost wonder if it would better for me to starting buying and opening an hour afterwards.

Gotta pay for the pretty card back.

Meh, never got into the card backs, I rarely change them and could barely tell you what I have now as I rarely see it myself in game. Now if they ever release a new Shaman Hero, I'd be tempted.

Fishlake

The wait is killing me. I wish I had more to do today.

I'm not sure how much I'll spend of my 4200 gold on packs and then do some arena.

georly

Nope, money money money only.

Otherwise it's still 100 gold a pack.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kripp with 70k viewers

got like 5 streams open, the hype is real

Actually, Dahbomb, it's funny because we are talking about how Control has no real "win" card, but that's exactly what Yogg-Sauran COULD be. Especially if his Battlecry resolved before he hit play.

Of course, which is why wild exists. I barely ever play top decks. I've hit legend more times with my own creations than I have with net decks. But this has nothing to do with why standard is great for people who want to play competitively with a changing meta. Which also includes me.
They should this to Standard, then:
"WARNING: NOT FOR HAVING FUN"

LOL

Dahbomb

Kripparian getting murdered on Constructed right now at rank 12.... AAAYY LMAO!!!

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD SON!!! Your Arena experience don't mean JACK here!

Actually, Dahbomb, it's funny because we are talking about how Control has no real "win" card, but that's exactly what Yogg-Sauran COULD be. Especially if his Battlecry resolved before he hit play.
Requires too many spells vs minions for board control which will make you lose before even playing Yogg.

Do you think that way because Old Gods is a more interesting set or the introduction of Wild and standard is causing a lot of excitement or both?

A mix of both I'm sure.

Standard/Wild is going to be big for the game and WOG looks like one of the better (if not the best) expansions Blizzard has done for Hearthstone.

georly

Do you think that way because Old Gods is a more interesting set or the introduction of Wild and standard is causing a lot of excitement or both?

Totally both. Some people want to see the end of GvG nonsense and OG is way more interesting.

TGT reviews were people saying how each card wasn't really much better than what already existed in GvG, with few exceptions.

It's a double whammy - not only do a lot of old cards seem ridiculously good, but all of the old ridiculously good cards are gone. Double impact.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If Old Gods fails to slow down the meta in any meaningful manner then it's time to do a full HS rework.

Depends on why it's so fast.

They did do a good job at nerfing most fast decks, if the problem is they completely ignored one of the best with aggro shaman, they can just nerf that.

Though I guess more than one round of nerfs in one year is basically a full HS rework in blizzard's eyes.

Totally both. Some people want to see the end of GvG nonsense and OG is way more interesting.

TGT reviews were people saying how each card wasn't really much better than what already existed in GvG, with few exceptions.

It's a double whammy - not only do a lot of old cards seem ridiculously good, but all of the old ridiculously good cards are gone. Double impact.

Yea TGT had a couple of good Shaman cards that are almost standard now for me, but I don't see a lot of other cards played often. Seems much of the set is neglected.

If Old Gods fails to slow down the meta in any meaningful manner then it's time to do a full HS rework.

It won't matter and it won't get reworked. What will happen is the new cards will come out, people will bitch about one deck being the strongest, complain about the meta, whine about how Blizzard has no clue what it's doing, and then eagerly wait for the next set. Same as for every expansion in every card game ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
holy fuckin gsh it

Top Bottom