• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Lost my first game of Standard... it was an aggro Shaman mirror.

He won because he got a lucky Flame Juggler off...

This is the game we god damn play!

Magnus

Got booted mid pack opening. Hope I didn't lose anything. Only got through 6 packs. One epic so far, the Blood Warrior spell. Can't get past the title screen again

inky

Yeah, I went in, bought all the packs I could with gold, then it kicked me out.

Won't be able to log in in about an hour I reckon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got a Golden Undercity Huckster. Gonna get me some random golden class cards.

Also got a Gold Stand Against Darkness. And that 3 mana 2/1 in gold.

CoolOff

W2TIogP.gif

Eddie Bax

Grats to all the people on my friends list getting sweet legendaries. I can see the notifications pop up, but still can't get past the title screen.

bunbun777

Last expansion I opened up all my packs in the car during break, not this time. Going to wait till after work sit down with a nice drink and smoke and take my time.

Berordn

Got in on tablet but then it froze after giving me the packs. PC is being really, really slow.

edit: and now it works flawlessly nevermind :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright. 63 pack, I got 5 Legendaries, 17 epics, and 8 Golden Cards (1 of which is Legendary).

5 Legendaries I got were Gold Cho'gall, Malkorok, Soggoth, Y'shaarj, and the best Legendary in the expansion, Boogeymonster.

Magnus

Yo, I had a music change and a brighter purple glow in the pack opening animation, and that was a pack with an epic. Did I just imagine that?

If Old Gods fails to slow down the meta in any meaningful manner then it's time to do a full HS rework.
This will never happen. At MOST, character health will get increased or something.

It won't matter and it won't get reworked. What will happen is the new cards will come out, people will bitch about one deck being the strongest, complain about the meta, whine about how Blizzard has no clue what it's doing, and then eagerly wait for the next set. Same as for every expansion in every card game ever.
I haven't seen one person complain in the latest MtG expansion thread. MtG players seem really happy.

Well, that's just semantics. Lots of people have fun playing competitive decks. And I am sure people will still play fun decks, they just won't have access to every card.
More options = more fun.

Acerac

Banned
I'm 50 packs in, brooding about all the doubles and lack of good epics I've been getting and I hear:

"AAAAH! GOLDEN LEGENDARY!"

Fucking twin emps.

Suddenly I feel much better about the rest of my packs. Hogger ain't so bad if he's bringing them to the party.

*edit*

10 packs later and I get Hallazeal! Got damn!

Spruchy

I'm 50 packs in, brooding about all the doubles and lack of good epics I've been getting and I hear:

"AAAAH! GOLDEN LEGENDARY!"

Fucking twin emps.

Suddenly I feel much better about the rest of my packs. Hogger ain't so bad if he's bringing them to the party.

10 packs later and I get Hallazeal! Got damn!

You got a golden version of one of the best legendaries in this set and you're complaining why?

You got a golden version of one of the best legendaries in this set and you're complaining why?

"Suddenly I feel much better about the rest of my packs. Hogger ain't so bad if he's bringing them to the party."

I think this is the key part of the post. He was upset then he got gold twin emps and now he's on top of the world. I hope I get one too.

Top Bottom