• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Acerac

Banned
guys, do you think it is possible to ladder with tempo mage in the current meta?

Got to rank 7 almost purely on winstreaks a couple days ago. Could easily be higher but I didn't feel like playing any more.

Of course I later lost 3 consecutive matches putting me at 8, but I'm confident the deck can do rank 5+ with ease.

*Edit*

Never really liked Spellslinger in the deck, I've lost too many games because of him and he's given me tempo in too few.

guys, do you think it is possible to ladder with tempo mage in the current meta?
I do pretty well. I generally make it to about rank 8 without too much issue, but it gets rough as fuck after that, and i've found that I really need to mix up my cards by taking out certain secrets/minions and replacing them with others since it seems people know exactly what to expect and play around.

Got to rank 7 almost purely on winstreaks a couple days ago. Could easily be higher but I didn't feel like playing any more.

Of course I later lost 3 consecutive matches putting me at 8, but I'm confident the deck can do rank 5+ with ease.

*Edit*

Never really liked Spellslinger in the deck, I've lost too many games because of him and he's given me tempo in too few.
Can't stand Spellslinger. I had him in my deck for one day and took him out.
great thanks, im bored and mage is allways fun, plus I opened a ronin I have not use a lot yet
Rhonin is fun if you play Antonidas on turn 9 or 10.

I also love having a Clockwork Gnome and Mechanical Yeti in the deck for the chance at the stealth spare part.

Crosseyes

Banned
I keep wavering on whether or not I'll disenchant my Nax and GvG stuff come standard. I feel pretty good at 3k gold but my dust isnt even at 1k. I have a random legendary or two and handfuls of epics from GvG like tree of life or Gallywix that I never used anyway but stuff like Baron and Kel'Thuzad from Nax are things that fuel the deck I've had the most fun with in all hearthstone, reincarnate shaman.

Owzers

I keep wavering on whether or not I'll disenchant my Nax and GvG stuff come standard. I feel pretty good at 3k gold but my dust isnt even at 1k. I have a random legendary or two and handfuls of epics from GvG like tree of life or Gallywix that I never used anyway but stuff like Baron and Kel'Thuzad from Nax are things that fuel the deck I've had the most fun with in all hearthstone, reincarnate shaman.

If i knew for certain that none of the cards going to wild would ever make their way back into standard, i'd dust a few more, but what if they rotate back? I don't have enough dust to recraft stuff. The only certain thing is that Mojo and probably maexxna are getting dusted.

georly

If i knew for certain that none of the cards going to wild would ever make their way back into standard, i'd dust a few more, but what if they rotate back? I don't have enough dust to recraft stuff.

Also, you may want them for tavern brawls and adventures.

Well do you intend to never ever play Wild? If not, then dust it I guess.

Personally, I'm not dusting anything.

Moonlight

Banned
Spellslinger always manages to give me trash and my opponent exactly the right card they need to regain tempo, push themselves out of lethal, or otherwise give them insane swings. I always kept picking it in Arena (premium stats!) and it always backfired on me. After it gave this gassed Rogue a Divine Favour, I was completely done.

Embrace the shadows doesn't look like an OTK card to me. It looks like they just want to give priest more reach and consistency in turning their heals into damage. Put one of these in your deck, plus two auchenai, and you have 3 ways to make your corrupted healbot bomb your opponents face, follow up with a flash heal or two and you can actually finish off an opponent. It's less value oriented than auchenai, but sometimes you don't even play auchenai for the body anyway.

Auchenai in general is more powerful I think, but if you're looking for a third or even fourth activator for your healing spells, perhaps it fits. If perhaps not control priest, then perhaps some kind of tempo priest that pushes the board early and uses heal spells as reach to finish the game.

ViviOggi

j0162io.jpg

smiley113.png

Owzers

I already dusted Maexxna, Feugen and Stalagg, but I haven't crafted anything. I keep eyeing Rafaam, but something tells me I should hang on to him.

Stalagg crush you for what you did. I can't dust those two, they are part of my renolock fun and maybe i'd still use them in wild.

Deathwing Dragonlord....get your Brawls/Doom/Twisting Nethers ready.

Edit....or yeah, poly/hex :/

Very nice card, it's actually a challenge to stop that. You either deal with the 12/12(freeze it or taunt up while you finish) or you kill it and have to deal with whatever they had in their hand.

It's extremely weak to poly and Hex though lol, but most minions are. Even if you silence this it'll still be a huge pain.

georly

So this is good with Ysera, coldarra, hungry dragon, volcanic drake, regular ass deathwing, Chillmaw (sorta, you won't have a dragon activator in hand anymore), malygos, chromaggus, and I guess also fairy dragon. Oh and the new scaled nightmare.

But if you hand has more than like 2 of those cards, I have no idea how you got to turn 10 without dying, and you'll almost certainly die the next turn.

Can't wait to turn that thing into a sheep.

yarr.

So this is good with Ysera, coldarra, hungry dragon, volcanic drake, regular ass deathwing, Chillmaw (sorta, you won't have a dragon activator in hand anymore), malygos, chromaggus, and I guess also fairy dragon.

But if you hand has more than like 2 of those cards, I have no idea how you got to turn 10 without dying, and you'll almost certainly die the next turn.

yarr.
Yeah that's the same thing I was thinking. I've never played a Dragon deck though, so I can't really say much. But it might get me to play one.

georly

Would be funny if playing deathwing over neo-wing destroys the board, summons all your dragons, then destrosy your hand. It doesn't, but it would be funny.

Wait, how does the ordering work. Will it play them first or will it discard your hand first?

But yeah. if you can get the deathrattle to drop a malygos, you have 10 mana of fun.

Owzers

Can't wait to turn that thing into a sheep.

On the plus side, would that mean if you only run one sheep/hex, you save it all the way to turn 10 or beyond just incase they have this card?

will this give people a reason to play Ancient Harbinger even if they don't run old gods?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So the one caveat with this otherwise great card, is that you aren't getting the battlecrues from your new dragons. So stuff like Twilight Drake is 4/1, the other Twilight one is a 2/6, etc. Otherwise this is looks like a super fun card.

Hard to say if it will be competitive enough, but it can definitely make a deck. Just put Herald in the deck to get this, then summon even small dragons and you basically win.

georly

Someone is going to do some feign death or nzoth shenanigans in wild

Oh man, the nzoth synergy. lololololol I've never seen a more 'win more' in my entire life.

Also, sweet museum curator pickup, lol.

Edit:

Also, this is the last neutral legendary, right?

Wait, how does the ordering work. Will it play them first or will it discard your hand first?

But yeah. if you can get the deathrattle to drop a malygos, you have 10 mana of fun.

It should battlecry first and then deathrattle should summon no dragons because your hand is empty.

Didn't blizz say that they don't do reprints?

These aren't really reprints. A reprint would be an exact 1:1 copy of an old card. Plus the old deathwing is still standard viable anyway.

Crosseyes

Banned
So the one caveat with this otherwise great card, is that you aren't getting the battlecrues from your new dragons. So stuff like Twilight Drake is 4/1, the other Twilight one is a 2/6, etc. Others this is loosl like a super fun card.

Hard to say if it will be competitive, but it can definitely make a deck. Just put Herald in the deck to get this, then summon even small dragons and you basically win.
Blizzard really banking on these mega turn 10 cards to be the 'next big thing' for hearthstone. I hope it works really, I love me some dragon decks in particular. Gonna get this deathwing out on 8 mana in Pally. 6 if the Brann dream comes true.

Fishlake

Well I need that Deathwing.

I already have Maly and Ysera so this seems like a must.

I'll be playing dragon decks for a long time at this rate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Some power rangers shit.

Deathwing, summoning Alexstrasza, Malygos, Ysera, Nozdormu.

Mighty morphing aspect dragons!

Well I need that Deathwing.

I already have Maly and Ysera so this seems like a must.

I'll be playing dragon decks for a long time at this rate.

Some power rangers shit.

So are people just not gonna play Ysera on turn 9? Seems like that would be a poor choice, no?

Again, I'm no expert on dragon decks.

georly

Some power rangers shit.

Don't forget he could also summon his other deathwing.
So are people just not gonna play Ysera on turn 9? Seems like that would be a poor choice, no?

Again I'm no expert on dragon decks.
Depends on board state turn 9. You might use it to make room for him, clearing enemy minions, etc.

Top Bottom