• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think if your deck is able to play an Ysera, it should be able to play this.

The card you're getting out of Ysera is often not amazing given you just spent 9 mana.

If you play this card, then use OG Death wing on it... do you get to summon your dragons in hand or do they get discarded anyway?

Auchenai Priestess getting nerfed would kill Control Priest.
They get discarded, because the game will resolve Deathwing's discard before the deathrattle on the other one.

If they wanted, they could nerf Kill Command to only hit minions, and the same for Rockbiter Axe.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a second round of nerfs if they don't get what they want.
Seems fair to nerf Fireball then, too. No reason for Mages to have that wonderful 12 face damage from off-board sitting in their hand. I think this is a good idea, personally.

Apathy

This is actually the first card that I'm excited for specially because I can use it in a deck I already like for a class I already like.

N'zoth and C'thun are the other cards I kinda liked, but now I got a big happy smile for dragons.

BTW, there are still big gaps in dragon decks at low mana. Even at 6 there are few options, but at 1-3 and even 4 there is a lot let to be desired for dragon or dragon synergy. What we have now is ok, but would always like more.

Sheroking

lol at deahtwing, all this 10 mana cards and they even printed a card that draws you a 10 mana card at the START of your turn. Blizzard is so out of touch with their own game sometimes. yeah sure... they desperately want to make the game slower but so far I don't see it happening. There is nothing stopping face shaman or even face hunter type decks.

Face Shaman isn't a very good deck right now. It's only reasonable because it races other aggressive decks and wins games where the other player draws horribly. Any deck that has answers for Face Shaman's first three turns will probably win that game. Slower decks with more control cards make that deck bad. Also, it lost one of it's two relevant burn spells. Mid and late game taunts are going to be better. Not to mention, they might nerf the Doomhammer.

As for Face Hunter, silence gets nerfed and they can't deal with taunts as well. Early game AOE is better because Creeper is out and now there shit more reliably dies to consecration/nova/etc.

I don't see how either deck is more powerful in standard than they are now, and right now, neither are the biggest problem. The most powerful aggressive decks are Zoo and Secret Paladin. Zoo lost it's best early game counters to AOE, Secret Paladin lost enough that I don't think Challenger will ever see play in standard.

For the game to remain "fast", there's going to be a new archetype or new ideas in aggressive decks. There are few new cards to support that.

georly

imma save that deathrattle copy card for it

u_u

Lol raptoring this is super useless, haha.

the priest legendary that makes 1/1s of the card may also be cool w/ it, but who knows

This deathrattle twice does next to nothing. Unless your next draw is a dragon, triggering twice is trash - unless your concern is that he'll get silenced, but he costs 10 mana anyway, so he would already be silenced by the time you play the priest legendary.

Only other deathrattle related thing that's good is if it SOMEHOW dies, and you SOMEHOW still don't win, Nzoth will give you a 12/12.

Apathy

Lol raptoring this is super useless, haha.

This deathrattle twice does next to nothing. Unless your next draw is a dragon, triggering twice is trash - unless your concern is that he'll get silenced, but he costs 10 mana anyway, so he would already be silenced by the time you play the priest legendary.

Only other deathrattle related thing that's good is if it SOMEHOW dies, and you SOMEHOW still don't win, Nzoth will give you a 12/12.

My biggest thing with using n'zoth with him is going to be that thats a lot (A LOT) of huge cost cards in the hand. Like you already won't run many of the dragon legendaries, you run just enough.

Edit: if we're talking nerfs with spells, fuck blade flurry doing face damage. That shit should just board damage

georly

My biggest thing with using n'zoth with him is going to be that thats a lot (A LOT) of huge cost cards in the hand. Like you already won't run many of the dragon legendaries, you run just enough.

Edit: if we're talking nerfs with spells, fuck blade flurry doing face damage. That shit should just board damage

N'Zothing this is even more showy than winning with that 30/30. If you can pull it off, you were already going to win.

Apathy

N'Zothing this is even more showy than winning with that 30/30. If you can pull it off, you were already going to win.

Exactly, this is one of the win conditions for the deck built around it, the others is just overpowering other players with the dragons that would have been in a traditional dragon deck. This is like a more fun way to do it that. Adding Nzoth to it is not great.

Nzoth is better in decks built around him, whereas in a dragon deck, you aren't building around him, you're building around the dragons and DD in particular.

FeD.nL

Yup. I don't think you'll really run a dragon deck + N'Zoth. Paladin seems good for this card, can cheat it out and the rest is just control until you put N'Zoth down and get sylvanas/tirion/deathwing back. Throw in Rag + some other heals and board clears to carry you through the early/mid game and it could be a deck.

I think the value of Deathwing isn't his specific Deathrattle but the fact he has a deathrattle so that he synergizes with N'Zoth.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you play this card, then use OG Death wing on it... do you get to summon your dragons in hand or do they get discarded anyway?

No. Your dragons get discarded. Death Processing would occur at the end of the battlecry phase after your hand is already emptied.

Can someone help me out? I got a spectate quest that's been laying around for a while and my friends rarely play the game anymore.

arcstrike#1175

wonder if paladins will get a weapon this expansion
Coghammer is gone, Light's Justice is essentially gone too(nobody's playing that by itself) and Sword of Justice isn't really a weapon so I'd say it's a safe guess that we'll get a 2/3 mana weapon. Not that they need it honestly.

Oh right I forgot about Argent Lance but I think that says enough about that weapon.

I kinda hope paladin doesn't get another early game weapon. I'd like to see them get a 5-7 mana weapon. It just seems silly to have a rotating set and then get new weapons in the same mana range each expansion. Plus they still have that 2 mana weapon, although it isn't spectacular.

jgminto

Is that effect really good for Dragon decks? Obviously pulling out many of your Legendary Dragons like Ysera is great but a lot of regular dragons gain value from their battlecries and more importantly your deck is full of dragon dependant cards and you just removed a bunch of their activators.

Owzers

lol at deahtwing, all this 10 mana cards and they even printed a card that draws you a 10 mana card at the START of your turn. Blizzard is so out of touch with their own game sometimes. yeah sure... they desperately want to make the game slower but so far I don't see it happening. There is nothing stopping face shaman or even face hunter type decks.

maybe there will be another super heal card since healbot is leaving and the new heal card is kinda not too good. Or maybe i'll just die by turn 5 *shrug*

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Coghammer is gone, Light's Justice is essentially gone too(nobody's playing that by itself) and Sword of Justice isn't really a weapon so I'd say it's a safe guess that we'll get a 2/3 mana weapon. Not that they need it honestly.

Oh right I forgot about Argent Lance but I think that says enough about that weapon.

I think Paladin might have to go back and play Argent Lance in standard if they want to keep up in the Aggro style of decks. Paladin Zoo/Aggro relied on powerful weapons (they still have Truesilver, but that's really it) and super efficient low-cost minions and spells (minibot/creeper/muster). Without those tools, Aggro pally will need something and if they don't get a weapon this set, Argent lance is still a card that exists. 2/2 weapon is better than no weapon.

I don't think any set needs five 10 mana legendaries
I think it's excusable because, as I was talking about earlier, they're all creating potential new deck archetypes. Or encouraging people to make significant changes to existing ones.

Like right now, Burgle gets frowned on a lot. But Burgle is like 3 spells in one, so it's a little more appealing for a Yogg-Saran deck. There's some good thinking going on with the Old Ones in general, though it might not be great in the end.

Thanks to N'Zoth and some new class cards, Rogue is getting a largely revamped Deathrattle archetype as well.

Apathy

5 classes. Warrior. Paladin. Rogue. Shaman. Hunter.

Hunter did not get a weapon in TGT.

Lol i totally spaced on hunter, my bad.

Ok, so I guess it's not set in stone that every weapon class gets a weapon in each expansion.

Wonder if they somehow see hunter and maybe rogue differently (and I say rogue just cause no weapon class for them yet) and if they will alternate giving them and not giving them a weapon card every other expansion (so like rogue got one for tgt, but won't this time and hunter will) who knows.

Peléo

Lately being playing this Paladin list. Only one Equality and no Aldor have been hurting me a little bit, but don´t want do expend dust before the expansion. Quite fun to play.

Djin.jpg

The Deathwing One (as I like to call it), is one of those cards that if it works, everything will work. I'd try it in dragon paladin but that is about it.

Having a bunch of big dragons in your hand for 11-12 turns is an easy way to lose and I can't see standard changing that. I'd rather one old god which will do much the same thing while allowing you to keep playing normally.

The priest card? Looks fun but it isn't good enough to fit into a priest deck. There is no room for another two spells unless strange nerfs happen.

Thistle tea is a "prep" card, but seems unlikely to get play. I think you would always want to sprint unless we start getting "look at your top 3 cards" type abilities.

Twilight summoner might be fun in a reincarnation deck.... But no KT kills that. So feign death? Doesn't seem likely. It could eat up a silence, but that would also probably lose you the game.

V-Faction

At least call him Neltharion, Blizzard! An actual character with a second name and they choose something else. AND ON TOP OF THAT, IT'S DRAGONLORD. I was only kidding when I said I wanted to see other -lords after Ragnaros! Bah Gawd.

The Deathwing One (as I like to call it), is one of those cards that if it works, everything will work. I'd try it in dragon paladin but that is about it.

Having a bunch of big dragons in your hand for 11-12 turns is an easy way to lose and I can't see standard changing that. I'd rather one old god which will do much the same thing while allowing you to keep playing normally.

The priest card? Looks fun but it isn't good enough to fit into a priest deck. There is no room for another two spells unless strange nerfs happen.

Thistle tea is a "prep" card, but seems unlikely to get play. I think you would always want to sprint unless we start getting "look at your top 3 cards" type abilities.

Twilight summoner might be fun in a reincarnation deck.... But no KT kills that. So feign death? Doesn't seem likely. It could eat up a silence, but that would also probably lose you the game.
Also, I believe Feign Death is a GvG card.

Apathy

At least call him Neltharion, Blizzard! An actual character with a second name and they choose something else. AND ON TOP OF THAT, IT'S DRAGONLORD. I was only kidding when I said I wanted to see other -lords after Ragnaros! Bah Gawd.

He's just DD at this point, and he can't be Neltharion because he is corrupted. Besides they need that name for some time traveling themed set they'll eventually do and bring in a bunch of old old old lore characters.

Also, I believe Feign Death is a GvG card.

it is

Kettch

Eh, Paladin is going to need something good early game. I'm not sure you guys remember how terrible the class was before Mini-bot and Muster. Sure, those ended up being too good, but if you take away both and add nothing Paladin is going to be trash tier. What are you going to do before turn 4?

Owzers

Eh, Paladin is going to need something good early game. I'm not sure you guys remember how terrible the class was before Mini-bot and Muster. Sure, those ended up being too good, but if you take away both and add nothing Paladin is going to be trash tier. What are you going to do before turn 4?

needs a new secret, keep secret keeper.....uhhhhhhhhhhhh turn 2 c'thun cultists/flame juggler.....

Apathy

They deserve it. They are a menace and need to be hit hard. Hell I'm still going to be mad at them come this expansion cause of Keeper.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for posting in the wrong thread guys

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the new dragon is pretty good. Get a dragon deck with a good draw engine, this would be a great turn 10 play. It has a great statline, and a great death rattle. Even forcing out both Silence and hard removal would be pretty good.

Apathy

Since I was looking at dragons today, I was reminded about dragon consort and how much I like the ability that even if it dies, even if you dont have a dragon in hand when played the buff sticks until you do play it. Got me thinking thatit is a good mechanic that is underused (much how buffing a card not in your hand is underused, with this expansion bringing some more in). Those sorts of buff would help with silences and removals if it allowed for storing similar buffs for later use.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Since I was looking at dragons today, I was reminded about dragon consort and how much I like the ability that even if it dies, even if you dont have a dragon in hand when played the buff sticks until you do play it. Got me thinking thatit is a good mechanic that is underused (much how buffing a card not in your hand is underused, with this expansion bringing some more in). Those sorts of buff would help with silences and removals if it allowed for storing similar buffs for later use.

I think Blizzard did design some cool cards in that space (hello C'Thun!), but yeah you're right. It's the thing that makes Dragon Consort even playable. More stuff like that would be cool. Mistcaller kind of does that, but is so horribly costed and stated that no one wants to play it. But more effects like that would be interesting. At least having more cards that give discounts on the big 10 mana type dudes would make those cards more playable in a world where BGH doesn't get nerfed to all hell (god I hope it does).

ViviOggi

That's exactly where Paladin needs to be. A class whose singular gimmick is being overly strong when holding the board lives and dies with its early game tools. Let it rot and give Shaman its time to shine (a class I dislike for multiple reasons but it's still infinitely better designed than Paladin).

ViviOggi

At the end of the day it's inexplicably Brode's favorite class and of course they're gonna get something. If Blizz is smart they give them a good turn 2(/3) weapon and maybe a small anti-aggro taunt in the vein of Unstable Ghoul. What Paladin cannot have ever again is proactive early game.

such ill will towards a class that only wants justice. :(

Sad.
I am so fucking glad I don't have to see that utter piece of shit Uther every time anymore. I insta-squelch every game but his smug, annoying and entirely untrue lines about Justice and honor are ingrained into my synapses at this point.

Paladin is such a fun class too. One of my top 3-4 at least. And I primarily play midrange or control decks.

I don't think paladin goes away just because they lose minibot and muster + coghammer. It's also getting lightlord, which is actually kinda crazy good if you think about it.

Dahbomb

That's exactly where Paladin needs to be. A class whose singular gimmick is being overly strong when holding the board lives and dies with its early game tools. Let it rot and give Shaman its time to shine (a class I dislike for multiple reasons but it's still infinitely better designed than Paladin).
Shaman also follows the same style of Paladin "win more" only it comes with Overload nonsense and RNG hero power.

squidyj

go fuck yourself.

Top Bottom