• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
jurassic-world-super-bowl-13.jpg
Perfect!

They can safely print more spell power cards since ice lance is out. No need to worry about freeze mage power creep, or at least a lot less need.

Since rogue is losing pillager, maybe they should get a spell power minion in that slot. I'll even take a 3 mana one.

Also, hoping for another combo minion. Seems like they're not afraid to print stronger combo minions cause of that new 5 cc one. They've sorted left this mechanic a little too bare for my tastes, as it's one of the things that got me interested in rogues in the first place.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, about our card ratings...

Given the conversation we had for a couple pages shortly after gutshot's post #16999, it seems like a simple 5 star rating system will work the best for us. We don't want to go to a 10-point system where people might think a 7 is an average score and according to gutshot, trying to score things as a .5 makes things difficult for a Google Doc. I think Dahbomb and myself will probably follow that same format on our card review stream just so our ratings are consistent with your guys' ratings and probably reddit's rating system as well. I know we came up with some guidelines for what constitutes each rating last time, but it seems like that maybe Dahbomb and I maybe slightly overrated the set as a whole last time so I might tweak the wording for this go around.

Dahbomb and I will probably start our card reviews sometimes during the day on Saturday. You can follow me on Twitch to get a notification for when that stream starts.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

It will probably take us several days and sessions to go through all the cards. Historically when Dahbomb and I are going through a full expansion it takes us about 10 hours to review all the cards. So it seems unlikely that we will have everything done on Saturday.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So, about our card ratings...

Given the conversation we had for a couple pages shortly after gutshot's post #16999, it seems like a simple 5 star rating system will work the best for us. We don't want to go to a 10-point system where people might think a 7 is an average score and according to gutshot, trying to score things as a .5 makes things difficult for a Google Doc. I think Dahbomb and myself will probably follow that same format on our card review stream just so our ratings are consistent with your guys' ratings and probably reddit's rating system as well. I know we came up with some guidelines for what constitutes each rating last time, but it seems like that maybe Dahbomb and I maybe slightly overrated the set as a whole last time so I might tweak the wording for this go around.

Dahbomb and I will probably start our card reviews sometimes during the day on Saturday. You can follow me on Twitch to get a notification for when that stream starts.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

It will probably take us several days and sessions to go through all the cards. Historically when Dahbomb and I are going through a full expansion it takes us about 10 hours to review all the cards. So it seems unlikely that we will have everything done on Saturday.

Makes sense. As much as I wanted to see an end to the high-3, low-3 phenomenon this is better than going to a 10 point scale for sure.

Will be watching as much as I can or if I miss it I'll catch the VOD later. Always fun to hear you dudes chat about the cards.

Peléo

You can keep the 5star rating system, you just to need to allow cards to be rated as 0 stars. This way you essentially have a 6-star rating system, where every jump from level is worth 2 points instead of 2.5.

5-Star System:
***** = 10
**** = 7.5
*** = 5 (High and low 3s)
** = 2.5
* = 0

6-Star System:
***** = 10
**** = 8
*** = 6 (High 3s)
** = 4 (Low 3s)
* = 2
= 0

Lyng

What a brilliant coop brawl. Lots of interesting decisions to be made and its all about skill and working together. Great brawl!

ZealousD

Peléo;233009304 said:
You can keep the 5star rating system, you just to need to allow cards to be rated as 0 stars. This way you essentially have a 6-star rating system, where every jump from level is worth 2 points instead of 2.5.

5-Star System:
***** = 10
**** = 7.5
*** = 5 (High and low 3s)
** = 2.5
* = 0

6-Star System:
***** = 10
**** = 8
*** = 6 (High 3s)
** = 4 (Low 3s)
* = 2
= 0

Yo but what about the middle 3's?

How does pity timer work? 1 legend in 40 same expansion packs? or it could be 40 different packs?

You are guaranteed to get a legendary within 40 packs of opening your last legendary in that set.

It is a timer specific to each set.

Example. You open a legend in the classic set. if you open 40 more packs you will open at least 1 legendary in that span. It may be more. Each legendary you open resets this timer.

scarlet

So, if I open 1 MSG, then 1 WoTOG, and then 1 MSG again, the pity timer still work continously eventhough I open different expansion packs?

ZealousD

So, if I open 1 MSG, then 1 WoTOG, and then 1 MSG again, the pity timer still work continously eventhough I open different expansion packs?

Your pity timer on MSG increases by two.
Your pity timer on Old Gods increases by one.

You can't manipulate the pity timer either in your favor or against you by switching between different sets because each set has a separate pity timer.

Fewr

Ah ok, so for every pack of 40 I buy, I'm guaranteed 1 legendary at least, I'd get 2 if my pity timer is about to run out at the time of purchase, and I suppose 2+ if my pity timer is new and I'm lucky.

Now I know why I got my Jaraxxus with the welcome pack.

ZealousD

Ah ok, so for every pack of 40 I buy, I'm guaranteed 1 legendary at least, I'd get 2 if my pity timer is about to run out at the time of purchase, and I suppose 2+ if my pity timer is new and I'm lucky.

Now I know why I got my Jaraxxus with the welcome pack.

Your odds to get a legendary increase for each pack you open in the same set. So you actually have a very small chance to open a legendary in your first few packs. The odds in your favor increase as you open more packs, until you are guaranteed to get a legendary in your 40th pack. Once you open a legendary, the odds reset.

ZealousD

I wonder if paladin gets some elemental synergy card. I might like that theme. It does have rag lightlord as an elemental. So you could discover a rag lightlord with that 5 drop.

Blizzard already said that only Shaman, Mage, and Priest are getting elemental stuff. All of the other classes are getting dinosaurs, except Rogue which gets the plant theme. Each of the dinosaur classes are getting different types of dinosaurs as their theme. Paladin in particular is getting the Stegodon theme.

Dart

Blizzard already said that only Shaman, Mage, and Priest are getting elemental stuff. All of the other classes are getting dinosaurs, except Rogue which gets the plant theme. Each of the dinosaur classes are getting different types of dinosaurs as their theme. Paladin in particular is getting the Stegodon theme.

So I take it the Priest legendary is an elemental then, like Shaman and Mage.

Therion

You are supposed to cooperate in this brawl, right? Because out of the 4 brawls I've played, two players were actively trying to kill me and the other two went afk halfway through. It's getting a bit frustrating.

Edit: Fifth time was the charm.

Fewr

Your odds to get a legendary increase for each pack you open in the same set. So you actually have a very small chance to open a legendary in your first few packs. The odds in your favor increase as you open more packs, until you are guaranteed to get a legendary in your 40th pack. Once you open a legendary, the odds reset.

Good to know thanks.

So the pity timer is actually a probability timer that increases 2.5% for every pack I open within the same expansion. That's not bad.

Heropon

I've got a "good for arena" epic from the free Gadgetzan pack from the daily rewards and it has reminded me how many bad epics old expansions had versus how the epics in Un'Goro seem very playable. This added to the double amount of class legendaries and then an extra big expansion this year I feel being competitive in Hearthstone this year as a F2P player is going to be hard, unless you specialize in one class.

It's funny, but I was actually happy when they revealed bad epics and legendaries in past expansions because it meant less dust to spend.

scarlet

Your pity timer on MSG increases by two.
Your pity timer on Old Gods increases by one.

You can't manipulate the pity timer either in your favor or against you by switching between different sets because each set has a separate pity timer.

Thanks. I thought you had to open it simultaneously, and if I open my MSG, then my other set will be reset to 0 again.

Peléo

This is really interesting, didn't know every class would be themed around a type of Dinousar. Guess Hunter has the " raptors" type, Druid with the "long neck" and Warlock with "Flying / Insects".

greepoman

So I stopped playing curvestone after WoToG killed rogue via blade flurry nerf. Just saw about the new expansion and got me wondering if I should come back. And since they nerfed blade flurry so that they "could print cool new rogue weapons" please list all the great rogue weapons that have been or will be released.

ZealousD

So I stopped playing curvestone after WoToG killed rogue via blade flurry nerf. Just saw about the new expansion and got me wondering if I should come back. And since they nerfed blade flurry so that they "could print cool new rogue weapons" please list all the great rogue weapons that have been or will be released.

The Blade Flurry nerf never killed Rogue. Miracle has continued to be relevant. It just changed win conditions. Questing Adventurer has come back in style.

But now they're rotating conceal out of Standard. So uh, who knows if that'll continue.

And as you might have expected, no good Rogue weapons.

Miletius

Literally one day after complaining about HS not being fun due to shaman domination, I ended up having a blast playing Jade/Shadowcaster rouge. There is some fun to still be had in the game, but it's off the beaten path.

Szadek

Druid Legendary
Kind of scary since it's very hard to remove, but it does nothing the turn it's played and ,thanks to adapt, poison will most likely show up way more often.
Also, by that point you are summoning huge jade golems, so this card seems unnecessary.

Great for arean I guess if you can survive long enough.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ehhh...10 mana for something that has zero impact on the board, not sure that's something Druid is really looking for. Will be fun in an astral wild deck I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's so, so boring

Blizzard

Banned
What a brilliant coop brawl. Lots of interesting decisions to be made and its all about skill and working together. Great brawl!
I got lucky and my very first matchup knew what they were doing. We won with something like 5 HP and 8 HP left.

That was my favorite brawl in a long time, though I probably won't replay it. It made me wish there was some sort of co-op mode. Helping a random internet person instead of trying to screw them over with cards was refreshing.

cHinzo

The rogue in my first Brawl game sapped my 15 attack reporter lol. 😭

Completed it on my second game. Damn they could have given us a 15 cards hand with the amount of draw and coins u could get lol.

It'll probably see no play but it is a beast so you could copy it heh. It's druid so it's more like an 8 mana minion, but still too slow if it were an 8 mana minion.

I won't count it out entirely, but it's heading in that direction.

edit:
Could signal that the druid quest is beast related. Perhaps.

Maybe it depends on the druid quest and other cards. Lets just pretend it is ramp related and druid gets more ramp cards. Then it might fit well.
"Quest: Generate 5 mana crystals. draw two cards each turn"

Otherwise if you can play that for 10 mana, you can play about 16 jades that will be just about as big. You can also play about 5 other big cards that get absolutely no play right now besides going for the astral dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom