• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

ancestral spirit isn't that played, right? I've seen that card only played with a control shaman deck and earth elemental.

because I just don't see this played if even that one isn't played.

nice card, but the idea is kind of limited

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Card image:
kP3HXww.png

They really should do "Return a COPY", moving the actual card around creates a ton of fuckery.

Szadek

ancestral spirit isn't that played, right? I've seen that card only played with a control shaman deck and earth elemental.

because I just don't see this played if even that one isn't played.

nice card, but the idea is kind of limited
It gets played in a not well known deck called grinder shaman,but that's about it.
The 2 other echo card also never so too much play either.

Dahbomb

Well, "tryharding" is a weak insult. Always has been, always will be.

And second, aggro has not always been on the top. I'm sorry if you actually believe that is true, but it simply is not true. You don't even have to go far back to when midrange shaman was dominating.
A deck that started the game with Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Flametongue, Spirit Claws, Tuskar Totemic and curved into 0 mana 5/5... yeah real midrange game plan there.

Should have said aggressive decks rather than aggro decks because people think aggro decks only mean decks that 100% go face. A Zoo deck is an aggressive deck but it does not prioritize going face and thus isn't an "aggro" deck based on that definition of only going face.

There's only one meta where an aggressive deck was not on top and that was Grim Patron Warrior meta. Ever since Naxx release we have had:

Naxx era: Zoo plus Undertaker Hunter on top
GvG era: Undertaker until it was nerfed, Mech decks, Demon Zoolock
BRM meta: Still had Face/Hybrid Hunter, Zoolock andnd Tempo Mage but controlled by Grim Patron Warrior until that was nerfed.
TGT meta: Secret Paladin and Demon Zoolock
LOE meta: Secret Paladin, Aggro Shaman, Demon Zoolock
Old Gods: Aggro Shaman, Dragon Warrior
Karazhan: "Midrange" Shaman, Aggro Shaman (until they nerfed it but it was still a top deck), Tempo Mage, Secret Hunter
MSG: Aggro Shaman and Pirate Warrior (pre and post aggro card nerfs)

Aggro Shaman dominated 2016 and 2017 thus far, that is a truth right there with Pirate Warrior being here and there.

And then you had degenerate "Midrange" Druid thrown in almost of those old metas where it played statted minions on curve and finished game quick with the combo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Weasel Tunneler has so many bugs because it tries to shuffle the actual card into the enemies deck. Even Anub'ar Ambusher has a ton of bugs related to the effect, but the cards rarely saw play.

Tunneler has issues because it changes ownership between players.

What are the issues with Anub'ar Ambusher?

What really irks me about HS aggro decks:

They are not only the strongest decks most of the time. Additionally they are also the easiest to play and thanks to the stupid rankingsystem also the most effective.

Thats why the ladder is full of them and will always will be.
Even if a control deck is stronger you still rank up faster with an aggro deck.

Edit: additionally you are really really helpless again them. They draw good: you lose. Nothing you can do, because there are not enough options by the time you are dead.

A deck that started the game with Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Flametongue, Spirit Claws and curved into 0 mana 5/5... yeah real midrange game plan there.

Should have said aggressive decks rather than aggro decks because people think aggro decks only mean decks that 100% go face. A Zoo deck is an aggressive deck but it does not prioritize going face and thus isn't an "aggro" deck.

There's only one meta where an aggressive deck was not on top and that was Grim Patron Warrior meta. Ever since Naxx release we have had:

Naxx era: Zoo plus Undertaker Hunter on top
GvG era: Undertaker until it was nerfed, Mech decks, Demon Zoolock
BRM meta: Still had Face/Hybrid Hunter, Zoolock andnd Tempo Mage but controlled by Grim Patron Warrior until that was nerfed.
TGT meta: Secret Paladin and Demon Zoolock
LOE meta: Secret Paladin, Aggro Shaman, Demon Zoolock
Old Gods: Aggro Shaman, Dragon Warrior
Karazhan: "Midrange" Shaman, Aggro Shaman (until they nerfed it but it was still a top deck), Tempo Mage
MSG: Aggro Shaman and Pirate Warrior

Aggro Shaman dominated 2016 and 2017 thus far, that is a truth right there with Pirate Warrior being here and there.

And then you had degenerate "Midrange" Druid thrown in almost of those old metas where it played statted minions on curve and finished game quick with the combo.

Amazing how you sum up several months of metas boiling down into just 2-3 decks and wow they're all magically aggro now. What is the point of discussing anything if you're just going to arbitrarily label things aggro, including secret paladin which was by far built as a midrange deck. I think before MSG, we haven't had a real aggro dominated meta since before standard at least. Most metas have periods where aggro is powerful. That doesn't mean aggro was the best the entire time as you're saying.

The midrange shaman and aggro shaman decks were/are very different in how you play against them and how they play against you. You try to lump them into one category of being "aggressive", but that is a huge mistake in reality and analytically.

edit:
Also, zoo actually is an aggro deck. And it is an aggro deck despite trading. Even face hunter trades sometimes. Aggro doesn't mean face only.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Meh. That Shaman card has some interesting applications in Wild for Murloc decks. Not sure how exciting it is for Standard, although maybe being able to recycle your aggressive minions is enough to make it playable in other places.

If we're talking aggro you'd want to differentiate by decks that top their curve at 5 or 6 (Aggro Shaman, Pirate Warrior,...) and curve decks that top it between 6 to 8 (Secret Paladin, Midrange Shaman,...)

If you need a reminder midrange shaman ran Ragnaros.

wiibomb

this brawl is awesome...

I can't tell what it is, it is better to find out by yourselves

haven't won yet, though, made a huge mistake when I decided to "finish"

gutshot

Brawl is very cool and creative. First time I had no idea what was happening and subsequently lost. Got it done on the second try but it was close.

inky

I beat it the first time, but I think we fucked up the first phase. What happens if you complete the first phase? Is it harder? Do you get some help?

wiibomb

I beat it the first time, but I think we fucked up the first phase. What happens if you complete the first phase? Is it harder? Do you get some help?

you didn't win it? because its pretty obvious:

crashers get to 5/7 and a boss appears, destroy it to win the brawl

I love the "omg this paladin cards sucks because power word tentacles isn't played!"

Irrelevant. I wonder what the token is though. Also, maybe PW tentacles could be playable in paladin. We'll get an idea.

Also, PW tentacles doesn't give taunt. Just saying.

We gotta see the token, but this is already stronger than PW tentacles. Even PW tentacles in paladin is potentially stronger than in priest due to tokens paladin has access to.

inky

you didn't win it? because its pretty obvious:

crashers get to 5/7 and a boss appears, destroy it to win the brawl

I did beat it, but
my opponent filled the board before we filled the party decorations meter (the 0/25 hero power) and the piñata appeared. I'm asking what happens if you fill the party decorations.

wiibomb

I did beat it, but
my opponent filled the board before we filled the party decorations meter (the 0/25 hero power) and the piñata appeared. I'm asking what happens if you fill the party decorations.

the same, except with
5/7 buffed party crashers

didn't know it also happened when the board if filled.

inky

The hell is a Stegodon?

wiki said:
Stegodon (meaning "roofed tooth" from the Greek words στέγειν stegein 'to cover' and ὀδούς odous 'tooth') is a genus of the extinct subfamily Stegodontinae of the order Proboscidea. It was assigned to the family Elephantidae (Abel, 1919), but has also been placed in Stegodontidae (R. L. Carroll, 1988).[1] Stegodonts were present from 11.6 mya to late Pleistocene, with unconfirmed records of regional survival until 4,100 years ago. Fossils are found in Asian and African strata dating from the late Miocene. They lived in large parts of Asia, East and Central Africa and North America during the Pleistocene.[1][2]

;P

the same

didn't know it also happened when the board if filled.

I see. Yeah, it happened like when you leave no room for Mechazoid, it destroys your board and summons the piñata. The ending was a little underwhelming. For a second I thought the game crashed, lol.

Szadek

I will just rename the 8 mana card to Trolden Primalist and leve ti at that.

The paladin card is cute, but probably won't get played.
Kind of depends on what the token does.
My guess for the token would be a 2/6 taunt, since the idea is that whoever you buff is now riding it.

The warrior card is pretty odd. It shouldn't be too hard for a warrior deal with 1/1, but if you play this without removing the tokens and the other player has hard removal, you are in trouble.
Hunter probably love it you use this card against them. Hey look, Leokk is suddenly the beast animal Animal Companion.

Come to think of it, zoo and shaman have similar buff cards. With that in mind the card is probably shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Am I missing something, or is Cornered Sentry trash?

Paladin Card may see some play. It turns any Minion into a better Sludge Belcher.

wiibomb

ok, I believe that card is pretty good, reminds me of a slightly better belcher.

now good for fast aggro decks, but nice for the others.

although the stegodon suffers from effects of Book Wyrm, Cabal Shadow Priest and potion of madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom