• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAPidgeon

I wouldn't say it's unplayable, but the jokes about it being a 10 Mana fairy dragon aren't that far off base. For a class legendary it's pretty vanilla.

Measley

I got a feeling that Tyrantus is Tol'vir Warden all over again; People are shitting on the card before knowing that the Druid quest is going to be.

Szadek

I got a feeling that Tyrantus is Tol'vir Warden all over again; People are shitting on the card before knowing that the Druid quest is going to be.
As always we are judging the card with the information we have right now.
If the card gets amazing support, then we will adjust are evaluation accordingly.

Lyng

I got lucky and my very first matchup knew what they were doing. We won with something like 5 HP and 8 HP left.

That was my favorite brawl in a long time, though I probably won't replay it. It made me wish there was some sort of co-op mode. Helping a random internet person instead of trying to screw them over with cards was refreshing.

Yeah exactly how I feel. Coop mode would be great

hozen healer is bae
ohAqbDR.jpg

gotta love ppl playing old school mech mage at rank 7, god bless ye

jgminto

The new Druid Legendary takes the spot as most boring Class Legendary of all sets. And in a meta that could see stuff like Twisting Nether and Devolve remaining popular, that really doesn't provide anything over Jade Golems.

I like "can't be targetted by" text. I know it's not that good but it's not boring to me at least.

You devolve a 12/12 and it becomes what? A 9 drop with like 10/10 stats? A ysera? Devolve is not really an answer all type of card people pose it as.

The new Druid Legendary takes the spot as most boring Class Legendary of all sets. And in a meta that could see stuff like Twisting Nether and Devolve remaining popular, that really doesn't provide anything over Jade Golems.

'can't be targeted' isn't boring IMO, it's such a rare tag that is a real pain for some classes to deal with. i like it, interesting to throw in a ramp druid in wild where only a few classes with specific cards could deal with it. probably useless in standard tho so i hear u

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tyrantus may have a simple design but that doesn't mean he's bad. To me he feels a lot like The Ancient One except easier to get. If you're ever in a position where you can play him proactively, he should scare the shit out of your opponent if they don't have the correct answer. And some classes and decks will just be completely incapable of having that answer.

fertygo

that card will surprise a lot of people I think, its very reliable win condition

what kabal class can do shit about it

its at very least gonna very common in tournament

gutshot

That Legendary is pretty boring but I think it might actually be playable. That is a TON of pressure and tempo that isn't easily removed.

I don't necessarily think it would go in Ramp Druid though. It's a card that you want to play when you are ahead, either on board or in life total. If you are behind, your opponent will just ignore it and kill you. So I think a more aggressive Druid deck will be a better fit for this card. Maybe Beast Druid?

ZealousD

that card will surprise a lot of people I think, its very reliable win condition

Warlock has Twisting Nether, but that's it. But if you're playing this card in something like a Ramp Druid you can probably force out the Nether with your other threats.

priest:
silence + shadow word death (the 5 mana silence minion will probably be common)

warlock:
twisting, nothing efficient unless they also run silence which is sometimes common
It's hard to say where warlock goes. Probably zoo so they kill druid before they can play a 10 mana card that doesn't kill their minions the turn it is played. Game is decided by turn 10 more or less, if druid can play it they already won.

mage:
Probably double fireballs face and wins with their board. Hell, even running water elemental into it buys them a turn. By turn 10 tempo mage is either so far ahead on board you can never play it, or druid has won already. Same situation as above. They can also frost nova + doomsayer. Just frost nova alone buys them a whole turn which is a big deal often at that stage of the game.

Then if any of these decks run kazakus, they'll be capable of using polymorph on it.

I think the card is better than it looks, but I don't think it'll be worth running without some new druid card or perhaps the quest making it better.

edit:
Also forgot warlock got AOE corruption.
Elemental lists can run the mini-frost elemental and freeze it for a turn for only 1 mana.

ZealousD

By the way, you guys should be able to log in to get your MSG card pack today.

gutshot

Someone on r/CompetitiveHS ran the numbers on Tortollan Primalist in Mage and the odss for you to get a beneficial effect are surprisingly high. It might actually be a viable card.

Odds of finding a stable/beneficial card: 87.5%
Odds of finding a “Premium” card: 44.6%
Blizzard / Flame Strike: 19.95%
Arcane Intellect / Cabalists Tome: 19.95%
Stall / Stabilization: 63.6%
Any 1 card in particular: 10.3%

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/629u5f/an_analysis_of_tortollan_primalist_in_mage/

The downside of that card is you're paying 8 mana for a 5/4.

So what if you get some card draw. Say you get arcane intellect. Okay, it's a beneficial card and it has no real downside. You just paid 5 mana for a 5/4 and 3 mana for an arcane intellect. That is not a good outcome. That is a bad outcome.

It's better than it looks because once you figure in it's class spells only, but you need the right spell at the right time off discover. It might not be a a terrible rng card, but that doesn't mean it's value is up to par for a 8 drop.

I don't think you'd even run that in reno mage.

Measley

As always we are judging the card with the information we have right now.
If the card gets amazing support, then we will adjust are evaluation accordingly.

Well sure, but you can avoid the correction later by simply being a bit more patient.

Tyrantus seems pretty decent to me. Has beast synergy and is elusive. Sure there are specific cards and combos that will deal with him, but I think you can set yourself up for success with it.

I've spent a week playing and loving the hell out of my 'Discover' deck. It took me a while to realize that it's real power was that it allowed me to pull of power Rogue combos. I took some time to post it to Hearthpwn with a mini write up. Ultimate Combo Rogue. I did a check on how many decks I could find that were similar and the database returned none.

I've spent a week playing and loving the hell out of my 'Discover' deck. It took me a while to realize that it's real power was that it allowed me to pull of power Rogue combos. I took some time to post it to Hearthpwn with a mini write up. Ultimate Combo Rogue. I did a check on how many decks I could find that were similar and the database returned none.

It looks very interesting but I've seen decks like that before and I've played decks like it. This type of deck usually runs brann and shadowcaster. I never played it with reno or with this expansion cards though. I think lotus agents is something I need to try in this type of deck.

I feel like you're missing brann and shadowcaster though. Both incredible cards for a shadowstep/battlecry/combo type deck.

It's definitely an interesting deck, I might need to try out a variation of it. I think this list tries to simply do too much though.

Here is an example of a deck I tried last expansion. It's basically a dragon version. http://i.imgur.com/Rb7p6gs.png second list: http://i.imgur.com/xzz8vuw.png (I experimented a lot with this archetype near the end of the last expansion)

This list produced some really insane results because you play brann, discover card/novice engineer, shadowstep and replay it, often shadowstep again, and basically generate so much value your opponent can't overcome it.

I love seeing interesting rogue lists. It inspires me to experiment. I've already been experimenting today: http://i.imgur.com/P17KztM.png

I'm actually 3-1 with this list so far. I've only lost to pirate warrior so far.

wiibomb

Tyrantus must be the most boring design I have seen in several expansions for a legendary, however I don't think it is bad, you need a lot of other option to deal with this if you don't have an specific board clear to deal with it.

a jade druid druid might be able to run this and be fine with all the other threats it can pull

I feel like you're missing brann and shadowcaster though. Both incredible cards for a shadowstep/battlecry/combo type deck.

I did experiment with using Brann and shadowcaster. Brann is nice for doubling up on battle cries, but I I didn't have room in my hand. I have used Shadowcaster when I drew it as a discover card, but most cases I needed to cut it to fit in removal. I also ran Patches for a while to throw people off. It worked well with cold blood, but I found the need for removal was too great so I swapped it out with Sergant Sally.

I will miss brann in rogue next expansion. It really creates some crazy power swings. Can play in wild of course, but it won't be the same.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/F5GpKUNumBbpikRT3L9jMk

Was against jade shaman. He started going face ignoring my board. I played brann + ERF heal for 6, evisc, and previously shadowstepped jade spirit. Jade spirit alone got me into near lethal range at 28 damage. So I was 1 or 2 off lethal. He went all face as expected. I top decked shadowcaster and healed myself for 12. Then he of course concedes. Game over.

I did experiment with using Brann and shadowcaster. Brann is nice for doubling up on battle cries, but I I didn't have room in my hand. I have used Shadowcaster when I drew it as a discover card, but most cases I needed to cut it to fit in removal. I also ran Patches for a while to throw people off. It worked well with cold blood, but I found the need for removal was too great so I swapped it out with Sergant Sally.

If you have them, link some of your games? If you want that replay system I am using download hearthstone deck tracker. There is a link to download here https://hsreplay.net/#features

This game reminded me of this darkest dungeon quote:

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Nw3zRwzSJ2gL8aFqrP5RQf

This started a rough game. But towards the end all that mattered was his kazakus potion and it wasn't a polymorph or even a board clear. I think I could have survived a board clear, like I did with twisting, and maybe survived both board clears, but polymorph would have been difficult to overcome.

Probably his biggest mistake was such a low value shadowflame. I guess he thought it was necessary but it was kinda low for versus a jade deck and he knew I was a jade deck at that point.

5-2 so far. Not bad for rank 3-4.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah I rerolled into the tavern brawl quest. That's definitely getting rerolled tomorrow despite the brawl being really fun when you get a good partner.

wiibomb

Yeah I rerolled into the tavern brawl quest. That's definitely getting rerolled tomorrow despite the brawl being really fun when you get a good partner.

Its really easy to finish, specially since most of the times it will be finished quickly with a Daring reporter on board.

I'm going to be really bummed if The big purple dinosaur on the launcher isn't a card. It's extremely visually appealing.

I was thinking the same, I'll be so disappointed if that isn't a card.

Portugeezer

It's a good card IMO, only rogue minion battlecries deal with it efficiently, others rely on RNG or have to over commit. It is slow though at 10 mana but mana isn't a problem if Druid ramps well. Due to its effect it has a better chance of sticking on the board , really good on an empty board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom