• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

bgh, done easy, if it comes to it, you can play bgh in control lock just fine.

If all the dino classes, which are 5 of them, are about playing big stuff, then it could make a comeback.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think that Druid Legendary is maybe sneakily really good. That body is so big you can't ignore it, and with that text a lot of hard removals won't work. You gotta silence, then remove which makes the minion almost require a 2 for 1 or a full board sweep (a la twisting nether). Both of which a positive outcomes for the Druid player here.

UNLESS THEY RETURN TO THE BGH META. BGH IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYZZZZZZZ!!
J/k, I hope.

P4wnyhof and Sintolol disqualified from the HGG tournament...

Dear community,

In the light of recent, inappropriate, and unsportsmanlike comments made by Thomas ”Sintolol" Zimmer and Mats ”P4wnyhof" Kathage, we have decided to rescind their invitation to represent Team Germany in the upcoming Hearthstone Global Games.

We're in the process of identifying replacement players, and will reach out to them privately.

- The Hearthstone Team

https://t.co/JxEaQhuhx1

Sintolol seems to have been kicked out 'cos he said (paraphrasing) he could see how people like Hitler existed with their attitude towards "mentally handicapped people" when people like P4wnyhof were around.

EDIT: Exact quote: ""Mentally handicapped people... why are these people allowed to survive? I can see why people like Hitler existed when p4wny walk around on the street."

FeD.nL

If that Druid legendary finds its way into a tier 1 deck it's probably gonna make sure Paladin sees play. Secretly the best Paladin card revealed so far.

Ladekabel

Noticing that Anyfin will leave Standard, too. Thought I could play a little bit of Anyfin Pally in Wild but then I remembered that I didn't get Murk Eye because he was removed as a reward...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Forsen and Sjow stay winning

F O R S E N B O Y S

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
P4wnyhof and Sintolol disqualified from the HGG tournament...

And nothing of value was lost.

Low tier streamers that frequently show up as either viewbotters/racist memers have no business being promoted by blizzard regardless of how passionate their fans are. Good move by Blizzard.

They got disqualified irrelevant from forsen and viewbotting, but first post on that blog was about forsen winning... smh.

That why you ban deck in tourney

But seriouslyl tho frigging malygos kun aviana deck exist in this meta

Why dropping 1 card is harder than that

Aviana kun malygos wins the game. Dropping a 12/12 doesn't. They're worlds apart tbh. Aviana kun gives the players 9 mana to spend on malygos. It's not even comparable.

Dahbomb

Yeah dropping a 12/12 isn't a win condition. Can still be blocked by taunts, still has to respect the board and can still be hard countered.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Assuming that Shaman doesn't get OP early game this expansion, I think Shaman will become a much more honest class. Tunnel Trogg getting rotated out is pretty huge and can singlehandedly kill Aggro Shaman. Elementals seem like a fair tribe as well so I don't think anything degenerate will emerge here.

Soo..... Tier 3, you won't see any Devolves. Kappa

Pooya

good followup to all 1 mana 2 1/1s we have in the game now. Seems playable.

It's not all that strong, you get something like 1 mana value out of it most of the time, sometimes 0. It's too fair, probably more arena use than constructed.

Pooya

yeah the RNG on it is wild.

can be great like minibot or a 2/5 for 2.

decent, like 3/3 for 2. sometimes 5/2 is good on board against certain classes. 5/2 against priest on 2? I take it.

bad like 2/2 taunt, it's a basic card. 2/2 spell proof, it's 1 attack less than the dragon. Poisonous or windfury are unlikely to do anything on this card. Stealth isn't really great either.

it's good about half of the time.

In Enlgish

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Nkbi5kaXNjb3JkYXBwLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNTkwMjA4NjE3MDg0MzU0NTcvMjk3MTE1Mzk5MTM1MTY2NDY0L3RkTW52b0IucG5nIn0.0vdnNCPRHw9YHXGqH9i--E_4-6U

Could be playable in paladin or hunter with lost in jungle or alley cat.

Maybe even with patches.

Szadek

Almost can become a Minibot if you meet that condition...Lol!
Several cards in this set really highlight how broken certain cards from Nax and GVG were.

Anyway, decent card I guess, but paladins probably need something even better than this.
Could work very nicely in hunter and zoo decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Potentially terrifying card for Beast Hunter. They are all running Alley Cat these days (or Pirates).
You get Shielded Minibot OR something lame like 2/2 stealth.
The swings on it are big for sure. But any aggressive and zoo-y deck I think would like this card to some extent.

ZealousD

Almost can become a Minibot if you meet that condition...Lol!

Could also become a Rat Pack.

The card feels Dire Wolf Alpha tier to me. Actually that's a pretty good comparison, since nobody wants to play Dire Wolf Alpha unless you have at least two other minions.

wiibomb

has there been in the expansions prior to WotOG reveal cards in such a weird way?

they still have about 70 cards left to unveil, tomorrow is the final reveal and today we have just seen 1 card. EDIT: now 2 cards

I remember with Karazhan and Gadgetzan they had steady reveals until near the release.

Peléo

If the outcome was random, the card would be seen more or less like this:

Great:
Divine Shield
+1/+1
+3 Health
Deathrattle: Summon 2 1/1.

Average:
+3 Attack
Poisonous
Taunt

Bad:
Windfury
Stealth
Elusive

But the flexibility of Adapt and the Beast Tag help a lot to make this card better. Stealth might be powerful if you are playing a buff Paladin for example. Poisonous can be useful in the late game.

This card can be powerful in Zoo, Paladin ,Hunter or any deck which runs Pirates. Druid is losing Living Roots so not sure how well this card will fare in the class, but it could be another beast for Mark of Yssarj (or Virmen Sensei!!).

Szadek

has there been in the expansions prior to WotOG reveal cards in such a weird way?

they still have about 70 cards left to unveil, tomorrow is the final reveal and today we have just seen 1 card. EDIT: now 2 cards

I remember with Karazhan and Gadgetzan they had steady reveals until near the release.
Pretty GVG had a huge carddump shortly before release.

ZealousD

they still have about 70 cards left to unveil, tomorrow is the final reveal and today we have just seen 1 card.

Most of the previous expansions actually had fewer cards revealed per day (two at most) and only did one reveal stream. The final card dump where half the set is revealed in one day has always been a thing too. What made this expansion different was the two weeks of zero reveals after the announcement and the three different reveal streams.

Tagyhag

Maybe we'll get them all tomorrow? I like a nice big dump.

wiibomb

Pretty GVG had a huge carddump shortly before release.

Most of the previous expansions actually had fewer cards revealed per day (two at most) and only did one reveal stream. The final card dump where half the set is revealed in one day has always been a thing too. What made this expansion different was the two weeks of zero reveals after the announcement and the three different reveal streams.

I see, I see... I don't like it though, makes for a very uneven hype, I preferred the more controlled reveals

Maybe we'll get them all tomorrow? I like a nice big dump.

it is confirmed they will reveal all card by tomorrow

Q8D3vil

I really hope the priest legendary is as bonkers as they say.
Now that dragons are gone to wild, Anduin will need all the help he can get since his classic set is shit ass tier.

ZealousD

FYI, about the card review stream...

I will try and get my text descriptions for the 5 star system done tonight, and then do my final card prep to get ready for the stream done on Friday night. That can actually take a couple hours so probably no review stream on Friday. I'm also probably going to do an early matinee for Ghost in the Shell on Saturday and then we'll try and do the review stream sometime after that. Don't have an exact time. If I haven't spammed it enough already, here's the link to my stream on Twitch. You can follow me to get a notification to your e-mail, and we'll try and start 5-10 minutes after the stream begins.

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom