• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

What good deck DO you enjoy playing against?
I am the one playing murloc paladin and not enjoying playing with or against any of the variants value or aggro.

Haven't followed ranking recently but I do enjoy playing against Priest (cause no entomb anymore), Hunter, Mage (guess it's mostly burn mage these days, I really enjoyed losing to exodia mage), Rogue (any variant), Druid too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Should I just quit playing Hearthstone?

I wouldn't feel bad at all going 0 wins with that crappy deck, but I would feel bad about drafting that deck if that was somehow the best you could with what they gave you.

So many practically dead draws, so few good things to do at 3 mana or less, and no reliable AoE to catch you back up.

The climb to 5 at the end of the season has been realllly long. Not in terms of games, but time. I am dumb and chose to play Quest Warrior, and it was fine most of the time, but every time you hit that mirror or the occasional priest game you better settle in for a LOOOONG game. Nothing wrong with that but man this deck got way more popular recently or something. TONS of mirrors recently in the 9-5 range.

You don't know long until you have a Reno N'Zoth Quest Priest mirror! :p I don't think I had a way to keep it from going to fatigue...

Rank 4. Pretty nice month for a change.

hearthstonescreenshotp8uko.png

Blizzard

Banned
Priest plays Lyra.
Priest plays Divine Spirit, gets Divine Spirit from Lyra.
Priest plays Divine Spirit, gets 28 HP Lyra.

:|

*edit* They also got Shadow Visions from Lyra immediately after that.

Blizzard

Banned
The priest with the 28 HP Lyra also got a 12 HP heal card at a clutch moment.

The only bright spot was that they had 10 cards in their hand and lost an Inner Fire so they couldn't make it 28/28. They then surrendered.

The climb to 5 at the end of the season has been realllly long. Not in terms of games, but time. I am dumb and chose to play Quest Warrior, and it was fine most of the time, but every time you hit that mirror or the occasional priest game you better settle in for a LOOOONG game. Nothing wrong with that but man this deck got way more popular recently or something. TONS of mirrors recently in the 9-5 range.

Honest question: Is playing quest warrior any fun? It just feels so "boring" to play whenever I watch someone play, or if I happen to play against it on ladder. It can also be frustrating to play against. I'd much rather play Pirate Warrior, and I don't like that deck at all.

KuroNeeko

Fellow Priest player.

Which one is the current best priest deck? Dragon? Combo/miracle? Purify?

To be honest, no one knows.
Priest is in serious flux right now.

The Dragon Priest list is stable, not really exciting, but performs decently. It took me to Rank 5 in April.

Some legend players had a pretty good streak with Silence Priest last month as well. Reno Priest is also showing potential, as is Miracle.

It's really hard to decide which one is "best" right now, only that it's probably not your standard control priest, and probably not deathrattle / quest priest. lol

scarlet

Finally met a mage, but my eater of secrets was the last 2 cards, so basically I was dead.

I hate using it, but I need it to win against mage other than their bad draws.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
got a golden tentacles for arms

dusted it and a golden kidnapper I had laying around so I could afford to craft Finja

because dammit I want to play murlocs at some point

So my client suddenly lost almost all colours during my turn. Had to restart the client to restore the colours. Stylish sure, but hard to see if something in my hand was active.

I think this happened to me once before.

it's probably a rare bug having to do with the action log

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Honest question: Is playing quest warrior any fun? It just feels so "boring" to play whenever I watch someone play, or if I happen to play against it on ladder. It can also be frustrating to play against. I'd much rather play Pirate Warrior, and I don't like that deck at all.

I'm sorry it's frustrating for you to play against, but it's frustrating for me to play against Miracle Priest and Quest Rogue, but I don't complain that the people playing them must be bored. I can tell you that the mirror matches are pretty long and mostly involved trying to bait out Brawls and AoEs while gaining as much armor as possible before going into Ragnaros-mode. It's just like old Control Warrior mirrors in that way, I guess. Against the paladins it seems to do quite well, if you can sustain until the later game you will eventually out pace their threats with Ragnaros-mode. Tirion is obviously the biggest threat though and if they have 2-3 of him it's gonna be tough, especially if the deck is tuned for anti-aggro (more cheap taunts and whirlwind effects).

I have enjoyed my time with it so far, "boring" deck or not.

Ladekabel

Holy shit! At 3-2 in Arena I just faced a Hunter who had Medivh into CotW, a couple of turns later he had Ysera. Earlier in the game he won a fifty-fifty with Deadly Shot and later in the game won a fifity-fifty with Tinkmaster.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Wild meta is real!

I'm super happy that Blizzard is at least trying to support Wild. A 64 person tournament isn't amazing, but it could be good. Since its only people from top of the ladder though, I bet it will be a bunch of new players which could be good for the game overall.

Another gold ancient shieldbearer. Yay.

I played a Mage who ran two Meteors. He also played a couple from Cabalist's Tome. Incredibly annoying when I'm trying to bait out his Flamestrike. Ended up losing because of course I topdeck Raider after he uses up Atiesh.

Magnus

Just realized that the rank 5 award, a golden epic, is essentially a free legendary every month if you can attain that rank. Pretty great incentive.

I've only made it once since they implemented that award system. Takes so long, even with a 60-70% win rate deck. I usually get to 10 no problem but it slows after that.

for what? The collegiate rewards were supposed to be gadgetzan packs, are those out?

Yeah I was thinking it was for that competition last month, but they were Ungoro packs!

Paladin is well rounded and solid overall but I think mage is the best deck. PsyGuenter deck is really good against everything. The deck just won dreamhack too.

I don't want to run eater of secrets damnit.

I picked up this deck last night in a last ditch effort for rank 5. The only thing that stopped me was my internet going out. Didn't lose a game! Half the games were won on the back of Ice Block so I'd imagine secret tech is coming to the meta soon.

Nachos

Got the Hunter Quest from my 3 free packs.

Is it even worth it or should I stick to my regular face hunter for ladder?

It'll be around for two years, so there's always the slightest chance things could change, but right now? Regular midrange is far better, and it's likely to stay that way.

Lyng

Man living mana feels so broken. Play like shit but win the game with one card.

And bad draws loosing streak here we come....

TIme to pull out the pirate warrior again.

Top Bottom