• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fertygo

Someone will optimize a zoo deck.

Warlock will never be bad because of lifetap and zoo
Zoolock has not being a thing since like 7 month now.. what made you believe its gonna come back before there is new support

I counting late karazan day where mid shaman already so optimized and people already scarred to play zòolock into it.

fertygo

up till the last month then Zoo sprung up again. You could see a decent amount of it while climbing, Tempo even had it in their meta snapshot.
I kinda remember after stb nerf people think its might worth running zoolock aģain

But I don't think that significant enough to object the zoolock is having little presence since late karazhan.

I dont run hungry crab in my Midrange. The thing about gorlakka is that it also has a reasonable body if you have to play it as a tempo play without a target.

Hmm I dont personally run tracking since I feel the 1 mana spot is pretty crammed with good beasts that I dont want to pull out.

tracking isn't about the 1 mana slot at all though. It's about having the flexibility to grab the exact card for the situation, and hunter has so many situational cards; maybe it's late game and jeweled macaw is worth a gamble, maybe you have huffer on board and can pull out razormaw to charge him, maybe you just unleashed the hounds and getting animal comp for the 2/4 would hit the spot, after turn 4 or so it's one of the best spells in the entire game, any hunter that's not a purebred face hunter should be using at least one. plus with all the 1 drops in midranges nowadays it's fantastic to be able to skip over one or two late game and just pluck highmane for instance.

and it really helps with the fact that hunter has absolutely no card draw. topdecking alleycat on turn 7 is death, tracking into highmane is :)))

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just played a Jade druid who i stole three Jade idols from, a gadgetzan auctioneer, and a Jade spirit. My jades got bigger than his before the end hah.

playing against 2 jade druids in a row. bad luck, meta pocket or streamer?

It's due to the meta slowing down so much. I don't think it's really that great right now though. Lack of Mulch and Living Roots hurts pretty bad.

Plus it crumples pretty hard against Mage and Paladin.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Everytime people have played Living Mana against me it has not worked well for the opponent. I almost always have a board clear and I remember the mana not recovering when they die.

platakul

Banned
Everytime people have played Living Mana against me it has not worked well for the opponent. I almost always have a board clear and I remember the mana not recovering when they die.
Yeah it's a bit of a dead draw against paladin and priest
Works situational against other aggro decks of they can't kill you next turn

manhack

It's due to the meta slowing down so much. I don't think it's really that great right now though. Lack of Mulch and Living Roots hurts pretty bad.

I think I was just unlucky as mage then, because both druids had great starts and drew all the armor cards (the 1 drops and feral rages). One of them was running naturalize (lel)

Not really complaining tbh. I feel the meta is pretty great at the moment if you like variety. It is only when I see the same class a bit that I get worried something is going to take over.

If I could stop getting paired against Every Aggro deck on the ladder while also drawing every 5 Drop in my opening that would be great.

Every time I come back to Hearthstone there's yet another "Fuck what you're doing, I'm killing you on Turn 4/5", and just.. ugh. At least in Standard anyways, as Quest Rogue/Quest Mage/Quest Warrior all just aim to solitaire against you.

Priest remaining in the perpetual trash heap is so bad though, ugh.

Dusted almost all my golden cards that I already have 2 non-gold versions of, ended up with enough dust for a legendary, 2 epics and a few rares

Sunkeeper Tarim is pretty good!

I also almost got beat by a C'Thun warrior, I was very surprised to see someone still playing that in standard

Blizzard

Banned
If I could stop getting paired against Every Aggro deck on the ladder while also drawing every 5 Drop in my opening that would be great.

Every time I come back to Hearthstone there's yet another "Fuck what you're doing, I'm killing you on Turn 4/5", and just.. ugh. At least in Standard anyways, as Quest Rogue/Quest Mage/Quest Warrior all just aim to solitaire against you.

Priest remaining in the perpetual trash heap is so bad though, ugh.
To counter your experience, I'm facing a ton of priests and losing badly to them no matter which aggro deck I use, and they always have their starter cards. :p

I'm only rank 14 though.

fertygo

Jade Druid Destroy mage tho they had all the heal and the Jade will eventually too big to clear

Its also solid vs pally if they had non nuts start.

Blizzard

Banned
So, someone tell me the odds of a turn 1-2 Jeweled Macaw giving me an Ultrasaur in 3 out of 4 games in a row.
I started playing Hearthstone for the day. HEY EVERYONE YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT MACAW GAVE ME IN MY SECOND GAME.

On another note, I think I need to add Nesting Roc back to my midrange hunter deck. I got wrecked by it twice today attempting to play hunter myself.

Just had something odd happen. Was playing a C'Thun Warrior and he didn't play any of his early game until after he played his C'Thun the first time. It was a deck based around Doomcallers, so I can understand getting C'Thun out faster than normal, but if he just played them at the beginning of the game, he would of won the first time he played it. Maybe it's how the deck works, just seems odd to me.

Mulligan the Priest quest away, only play it before N'Zoth.

Just had something odd happen. Was playing a C'Thun Warrior and he didn't play any of his early game until after he played his C'Thun the first time. It was a deck based around Doomcallers, so I can understand getting C'Thun out faster than normal, but if he just played them at the beginning of the game, he would of won the first time he played it. Maybe it's how the deck works, just seems odd to me.

Nah he was dumb.

Okay, real talk: why are half of the "get x minions with y trait" summon and the other half play? I get that the issue is Hunter would just rush for Tokens/Alley Cat, but it's just inconsistent that Warrior/Hunter have to be played vs Summoned.

To counter your experience, I'm facing a ton of priests and losing badly to them no matter which aggro deck I use, and they always have their starter cards. :p

I'm only rank 14 though.
I keep getting 4-7 Wins followed by about 4 straight losses at the the barrier to 15 range (17 0Stars to 16 3Stars roughly) and it's just.. ugh. Especially when I draw an opening of Double Drakenoid Operative +Dragonfire potion, Mulligan it, and then get Book Wyrm, Primordial Drake, and Holy Nova.

I mean, I know there's some level of randomness at play with draws, but it's faster for me to just concede and requeue then actually try to win against most Aggro decks as Priest.

They were named "Your opponent", I am certain.

No, their rank was hidden too!

Like this

9Hik4Jp.png

That came up on google, seems people aren't really sure why this happens except maybe server issues

The rogue quest is overpowered. It is too easy to activate it and its effect is way too strong.
I beat it with Dragon Priest just playing minions on curve and ignoring the board. I think Quest Rogue is problematic in the same way Jade Druid is, but I don't think it's overpowered, if that makes sense.

Lyng

tracking isn't about the 1 mana slot at all though. It's about having the flexibility to grab the exact card for the situation, and hunter has so many situational cards; maybe it's late game and jeweled macaw is worth a gamble, maybe you have huffer on board and can pull out razormaw to charge him, maybe you just unleashed the hounds and getting animal comp for the 2/4 would hit the spot, after turn 4 or so it's one of the best spells in the entire game, any hunter that's not a purebred face hunter should be using at least one. plus with all the 1 drops in midranges nowadays it's fantastic to be able to skip over one or two late game and just pluck highmane for instance.

and it really helps with the fact that hunter has absolutely no card draw. topdecking alleycat on turn 7 is death, tracking into highmane is :)))

Going to test it out. Really need to draw that Stampeeding kodo against all the super boring taunt warriors.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like I should just play Hunter since Blizzard made it so you're guaranteed to start with a 1 drop and Crackling Razormaw in your hand.
For one thing, a lot of classes (rogue, mage, warrior, warlock, druid, paladin, shaman) have the ability to kill your 1-drop with certain cards.

For another thing, I tried hunter again and lost like 5 in a row today. Sadly such an ideal starting hand is hardly guaranteed, nor will it necessarily stick, nor will you necessarily get any useful adaptations.

For one thing, a lot of classes (rogue, mage, warrior, warlock, druid, paladin, shaman) have the ability to kill your 1-drop with certain cards.

For another thing, I tried hunter again and lost like 5 in a row today. Sadly such an ideal starting hand is hardly guaranteed, nor will it necessarily stick, nor will you necessarily get any useful adaptations.

You realize I'm being facetious right?

Also, if the Hunter goes first then Alleycat is next to impossible to remove on turn 1 without giving up a lot of card advantage. You're left to pray they don't have Razormaw in hand. Sadly, they always do.

Blizzard

Banned
You realize I'm being facetious right?

Also, if the Hunter goes first then Alleycat is next to impossible to remove on turn 1 without giving up a lot of card advantage. You're left to pray they don't have Razormaw in hand. Sadly, they always do.
This being the internet, I can never tell who's joking or exaggerating. :p

Take your second sentence for example -- I have to assume you're joking there as well. They will TRY to have Razormaw in hand, but won't always succeed.

This being the internet, I can never tell who's joking or exaggerating. :p

Take your second sentence for example -- I have to assume you're joking there as well. They will TRY to have Razormaw in hand, but won't always succeed.

I'm half joking, but in all seriousness it's ridiculously easy for Hunter to curve out their early game these days. It becomes frustrating extremely quickly. Even more so when they pull something like Alleycat into Hyena which has happened to me more than enough for one lifetime.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm half joking, but in all seriousness it's ridiculously easy for Hunter to curve out their early game these days. It becomes frustrating extremely quickly. Even more so when they pull something like Alleycat into Hyena which has happened to me more than enough for one lifetime.
I tried that very thing maybe 3 times tonight, and I don't think even a 6/4 hyena ever hit face due to removal / taunt / whatever. It's to the point where I'm afraid to play hyena because of how often it gets removed. The only reliable way to do it is either use call the hounds or have a board that's about to die attacking the enemy board, and if the enemy board has built up then you're typically in big trouble anyway unless you can manage a clean wipe.

The call the hounds combo might work but requires turn 4-5.

I tried that very thing maybe 3 times tonight, and I don't think even a 6/4 hyena ever hit face due to removal / taunt / whatever. It's to the point where I'm afraid to play hyena because of how often it gets removed. The only reliable way to do it is either use call the hounds or have a board that's about to die attacking the enemy board, and if the enemy board has built up then you're typically in big trouble anyway unless you can manage a clean wipe.

I don't think you should worry too much about Hyena being removed. If they're forced to burn removal on a 2 drop then that's one less they have for Highmane or something you buffed with Houndmaster.

Plus there's always the chance they don't have an answer for Hyena and you just blow them out. Like today I had someone go Alleycat into Razormaw into Hyena + Coin + Hyena and then trade in their 3 minions. Instant game over.

Blizzard

Banned
Getting annoying quests is killing my buzz for this game. It's been a week of trying to force wins with Warlock.
I usually save up a couple of quests I dislike and reroll them for easier completion. It's rare that I get 3 simultaneous quests I dislike.

cHinzo

Getting annoying quests is killing my buzz for this game. It's been a week of trying to force wins with Warlock.
I would just re-roll quests for classes I don't like or quests which takes too much time to complete. Not entirely gold efficient, but I rather have fun while playing the game.

Panthers

That's the point of it. Hyena is a card the opponent HAS to remove or it gets out of control. That helps free up your later game cards.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
am I the only one who dislikes the current meta? feel like its no fun at all right now.
There's more diversity but I just find the decks to be too straightforward and basic. Taking the common Mage deck for example...it just feels like there is nothing interesting there. The cards are strong but there is just a missing factor towards pieces of the deck interacting with each other. For as obnoxious as Reno could be with the one turn swing power you saw some really interesting stuff coming out of the decks that used him. Brann combo, Kazzakus, Solia...the outcome of these cards required way more thought. Now it's just about pushing survivability and straight damage in decks. There is hardly any utility that gets put into decks right now, so even in the meta slowed down it's not like interesting things are suddenly happening.

Top Bottom