• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro and Droplet also avoided a vote on Ty. My prediction is 3 scum. With at least one not placing a vote on Ty yesterday.

I already explained my reasoning. I get the feeling that we have Flux and Crimson, two townies that are going after each other inadvertently. I'm more suspicious of Flux than Crimson, but I was definitely more suspicious of Flux than Ty. Ty wasn't off my radar by any stretch, but I felt he was more town than Flux was.

Ourobolus

Banned
I already explained my reasoning. I get the feeling that we have Flux and Crimson, two townies that are going after each other inadvertently. I'm more suspicious of Flux than Crimson, but I was definitely more suspicious of Flux than Ty. Ty wasn't off my radar by any stretch, but I felt he was more town than Flux was.

Damn no edit rule. That is to say, I think that is the case. I was more willing to see what Flux flipped than CrimsonFist.

FluxWaveZ

Updated hit list:

The people I think the 3-4 targets are concentrated in is:

01. [f] Droplet
02. [-] redhood56
03. [m] Ourobolus
08. [m] squidyj
10. [m] Karu
11. [m] Royal_Flush
13. [m] CrimsonFist

redhood56

Banned
Welcome back to: Lynch a theif of honor!
We have flux going after Crimson( which I agree with so Vote: Crimsonfist )
Ouro will probably be providing some long ass posts no one will bother to read
I will continue to be awful at this

But wait we would like to welcome the special guest of this episode Me!
Q: are you town?
A: of course!!!!!!!( pssst this is a joke)
Q: You seem easily convinced to lynch someone, why?
A: that's because I'm naive!!!!
Q: your top scum?
A: well I bodly predicted Crimson was mafia so I think he will is scum. I'm in mobile so in to lazy to go back to the predictions.
Q: Fibal question, will the town win the game?
A: my magic eight ball says: NO.

Ourobolus

Banned
Your posts are pretty great, that was a joke :)

I'm sorry but I don't follow, what does separate lines have anything to do with anything?

I don't know if Flush's voting tool takes it into account or not, but typically putting votes on a separate line is standard practice here.

Welcome back to: Lynch a theif of honor!
We have flux going after Crimson( which I agree with so Vote: Crimsonfist )
Ouro will probably be providing some long ass posts no one will bother to read
I will continue to be awful at this

But wait we would like to welcome the special guest of this episode Me!
Q: are you town?
A: of course!!!!!!!( pssst this is a joke)
Q: You seem easily convinced to lynch someone, why?
A: that's because I'm naive!!!!
Q: your top scum?
A: well I bodly predicted Crimson was mafia so I think he will is scum. I'm in mobile so in to lazy to go back to the predictions.
Q: Fibal question, will the town win the game?
A: my magic eight ball says: NO.

I feel like you've been increasingly hamming up your posts a lot. I'm inclined to think that you're scum and are doing this on purpose as a diversion after the "I'm town" stuff on day 1.

Vote: Redhood56

FluxWaveZ

I'm sorry but I don't follow, what does separate lines have anything to do with anything?

It's the rule, and likely in line with the voting tool that counts votes. It's a scumtell because people could intentionally mess with how they vote to give the illusion of voting for someone when they actually aren't.

Like, an example would be:

Notvote: rebhood56

redhood56

Banned
It's the rule, and likely in line with the voting tool that counts votes. It's a scumtell because people could intentionally mess with how they vote to give the illusion of voting for someone when they actually aren't.

Like, an example would be:

Notvote: rebhood56
Okay well if that's the case
Vote: Crimsonfist

redhood56

Banned
I feel like you've been increasingly hamming up your posts a lot. I'm inclined to think that you're scum and are doing this on purpose as a diversion after the "I'm town" stuff on day 1.

Vote: Redhood56
I understand your concern, but it's something I like to do on my first post of the day, I usually take my others posts more seriously after that.

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP Kawl. ;___;

Ok, I feel like I'm going crazy here. Am I the only one that is suspicious of Splinter?

I'm fairly neutral on him to be honest. Not really reading Town but nothing really Scummy either.

Sawneeks, you've got a fresh perspective - I see your reads on CornBro and Ty, but what are your thoughts on Flux?

Didn't actually have a chance to get to this the other day, sorry!

I never read Werewoof 1 where Flux was Town but I have seen Flux play as Scum before and I'm not seeing that here. In WW2: Electric Boogalo, Scum!Flux didn't typically really go after a single person because, as Scum, he didn't have to. He would give his opinions on the hot topic of the town but it would either a) be contradictory towards normal Town opinion or b) half-answer with his thoughts.

Right now his attack towards Crimson is much more passionate than anything he did as a fake Townie in Woof so I'm inclined to believe he is Town this time around.

I guess I should respond in more detail to Flux's accusations yesterday, but I don't really disagree with a lot of what he posted. I don't feel like I have much to go on, and don't really like making strong accusations when I'm don't feel confident in them myself. In a game like this with no power roles, the only people who should be able to confidently say who is scum and who is town are the scum players, especially when thus far, we've only lynched townies.

I understand your concern, but it's something I like to do on my first post of the day, I usually take my others posts more seriously after that.

I'll be waiting to see the rest of your contributions today then

FluxWaveZ

Can we turbo CrimsonFist? Come on, it'll be fun! We only need 4 more.

Though I kinda want to wait and see how many people come to his defense like Ourobolus, to see how they react when he flips.

Although that post has pretty much convinced me that you're not scum. No scum would be dumb enough to focus this much on one person that they knew was town.

Ourobolus

Banned
  • *Splinter
    - I feel like Splinter is coasting. Nothing he's said has really stood out, and that just compounds my suspicions from earlier.
  • CornBurrito
    - Still flip-flopping. Like redhood, was immediately swayed by Flux's post regarding CrimsonFist. There's still the matter of his voting record with Mazre/Ty4on.
  • CrimsonFist
    - I know Flux is really suspicious of Crimson, but I just don't see it. While I agreed with some of his points, I still feel like Crimson is town. Yes, it seems like he begrudgingly voted for Mazre, but he did it to break a tie, which I don't fault him for.
  • Droplet
    - Unvoted half an hour before Ty4on flipped. I don't have a strong read on Droplet - she hasn't really made much of an impact in either direction so far this game.
  • FluxWaveZ
    - Has a hardon for getting Crimson lynched. Either it's a scum play to try to get one of their [perceived threatening] targets lynched, or we have a town v. town situation. I worry that that is the case, but considering I feel that Crimson is town, I'd rather see Flux flip rather than Crimson.
  • Karu
    - I don't have any reads on Karu. Like Droplet, he hasn't made much of an impact in the game. He mentioned that he had some suspicions at the end of Day 2, but didn't go into it, which is concerning. He said he was on mobile which I can understand, but hopefully he goes further into it.
    I will be away in a bit. So won't be able to change anything last minute. Hope you figure it out this time, lol. :D

Just on my phone right now.. But lol. Curiously awaiting the results. Why this always has to be decided on the last hour, I dunno. Well, I have my suspicions obviously, but still. Kinde frustrating.
  • redhood56
    - I just...I don't know anymore. redhood is playing as I've seen him play before, which is the whole naive/ignorant attitude towards everything in the game. I honestly have no idea what he would flip.
  • Royal_Flush
    - Another null read from me. R_F hasn't posted much overall (24 posts total, only beating out Sawneeks for active players in the game). I think his posts have been mostly helpful though, but it's still not really enough for me to get a great read on.
  • Sawneeks
    - Replaced Burbeting after N1, and has provided some decent input. Was absent most of D2 except for the last 30 minutes. Is suspicious of Corn above the rest, but voted for Ty4on.
  • squidyj
    - Absent most of yesterday, but he said he had some RL stuff to attend to (which I understand, especially due to the holidays). Hopefully he'll be more engaged this phase.

My top scum right now are:
*Splinter
Karu
Flux****

**** Honestly, like I said, this could be a matter of town v. town. If it comes down to Crimson/Flux again, I'm still leaning Flux. If Crimson flips Town, I will be looking at Flux harshly.

All that said, if CrimsonFist flips scum, I'll eat my hat.

If Ty4on flips town, I'm seeing *Splinter as one of my top scum reads.

Also, Flux?

Ourobolus

Banned
Don't quote D1 crap as if opinions don't change. I addressed this explicitly when someone asked me about it in D2. I'll search for it in a bit, but I'm sure you could try to find it, too.

I like D1 reads. They sometimes unintentionally give information that you weren't expecting later on.

Here's what you said:

I actually didn't remember that until now, so I went back and tried to recall what I was thinking at the time and I don't even remember that either. I know it had something to do with thinking what CornBurrito posted here meant something:
So you want Ty out but had a problem with me changing my vote to prevent a tie which also meant Ty was leading in votes?

And also this response to squidyj:

hey squidyj you wanna switch your vote to Ty4on so we can kill a scum?

Both of which mean nothing, in retrospect. Might have been something else, but I'll have to check back on D1 as a whole for that.

If it's just a misunderstanding, ok, but I try to follow whatever has been said before.

FluxWaveZ

I like D1 reads. They sometimes unintentionally give information that you weren't expecting later on.

Here's what you said:

If it's just a misunderstanding, ok, but I try to follow whatever has been said before.

Yeah, that's the one.

Fair enough for D1, but that purpose seems a bit misguided when we're in a game without power roles, where the only information that really updates over time are through the flips. I was saying several times throughout D2 that I was no longer confident Ty4on was scum, which is why I never voted for him again.

I think my thinking at the time was that *Splinter followed up my vote too quickly, like it was trying to incite a bandwagon, but I really cant' say: I should have elaborated in my initial post. But whatever, my only focus right now is on Crimson until people get their head in the game and lynch him.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, that's the one.

Fair enough for D1, but that purpose seems a bit misguided when we're in a game without power roles, where the only information that really updates over time are through the flips. I was saying several times throughout D2 that I was no longer confident Ty4on was scum, which is why I never voted for him again.

Yes and no. Scum has information D1. So it's worth examining then as well. Town only benefits from the flips.

squidyj

Can you explain to me the reasoning behind this instead of a " he's scum right guys"

He's mostly sidestepped the big end of day brawls, when he posts a lot of content a lot of it is recap.

It seems pretty clear to me that he's trying to avoid getting drawn into certain circles through his voting and his reads.
He's just all around a very scummy guy.

FluxWaveZ

Fantastic. Thank you for the exercise.

redhood56 is not scum. More like Xamtheking 2.0.

CrimsonFist is scum. Can we lynch him already?

Ok, being slightly more serious, I think Redhood is scum for a number of reasons. A big one is trying to "own" the "I'm town" thing, but he also hasn't really contributed much. Going through his posts, a lot of it is either fluff, agreeing with other posters, and the few posts which are his own opinions and reads are just based on "gut feeling" or not backed up in any way.

And are you going to share what you gleaned from that game of rock paper scissors? I'm guessing you're assuming that I let you win, or something like that, to go with the "crowd pleaser" narrative you have of me.

FluxWaveZ

And are you going to share what you gleaned from that game of rock paper scissors? I'm guessing you're assuming that I let you win, or something like that, to go with the "crowd pleaser" narrative you have of me.

No, but I knew I was going to win the game. I was right about you regarding the choice you'd make. This means I also know your alignment. I'm right about you there, too.

2/6 people.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

redhood56 (2)
CrimsonFist .961
CornBurrito .979

CrimsonFist (2)
FluxWaveZ .949
redhood56 .956 .963
redhood56 .963

Ourobolus (1)
squidyj .976

No active vote for Day 3:
*Splinter
Droplet
Karu
Ourobolus
Royal_Flush
Sawneeks

Day 3 ends:
gra_1451426400.png

6 votes for majority

*Splinter

So err

*ahem*

Apologies Ty4on, I hardly knew ye

I see we have been busy today...

Crimson v Flux
This has my interest at the moment. On the one hand Flux put forward a pretty convincing set of arguments against Crim, but on the other Flux is (for reasons I'll go into later) my current top suspect. At the moment my vote will be on Flux, but may change tomorrow when I re-evaluate these two.

Red hood v the world (ft CornBro)
Suddenly a wild red hood appeared, prompting a brief repeat of day 1. I have conflicting concerns here:
1) I have no idea as to red hood's alignment, and I'm worried that if he is scum after all we won't find out until it's too late.
2) I need to go back and double check the order/timing of events, but it feels like shade was thrown at red to divert the thread from Crim v Flux. I think Corn started it this time, which doesn't help my feeling on him. Possibly scum Corn pushing town Redhood to save scumbuddy Crim?
In scenario 2, I would want to return to this after resolving Crim v Flux, but thanks to point 1 I'm worried about the encroaching Lylo.

squidyj v Ourobolus
Apparently indifferent to everything else, squidy has decided that today is the day Ourobolus must die. This one is easy for me since I think squid is town and Ouro is scum, but following this lead seems to leave us none the wiser on anything else thats happening. If squid is wrong (or worse, lying) this could be a disastrous lynch. I'm also worried that I'm wrong about both squid and Ouro, and that this again is an attempt to distract from CrimFlux.

Just recapping, mostly for my own benefit now I've caught up

TO DO
Flux
Crim
Red
Corn
Ouro

These are the players I'll be looking at ASAP.

And as promised:

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

but thanks to point 1 I'm worried about the encroaching Lylo.

Then, holy crap, don't vote for me. Stop wasting time on dumb nonsense; how many times do I have to emphasize who the enemy is? Why would I be so intent on lynching a single person for so long as a Traitor, especially if people actually came to their senses and did lynch the person, but then that person ended up being town? Why would I decide that CrimsonFist would specifically be the high value target I should aim for?

So much pointless crap; we seriously are going to lose here if we keep this up. I wouldn't have even cared if I got lynched before, but we've had 2 mislynches. We're likely at 8 vs. 3 right now (worst case scenario, 7 vs. 4). We've got 2 more mislynches left until it's 4 vs. 3, and at that point the Traitors can pull a WW2 and turbo a single stray vote. And, this time, there are no power roles to prevent them from winning.

So I'm not going to be the main target of a vote today. I'm not going to let us waste our damn time with this crap; we actually don't have the time for it anymore.

*Splinter

Actually I can do Flux and Ouro from memory:

Flux
D1 he starts a late push on Ty4on. I was 100% with him at this point, however on D2 he begins distancing himself from the Ty4on push, and simultaneously pushing for a Crimson lynch. Now in D3 and he's entirely unsurprised by Ty4on being town, but has already positioned himself to push the next target.
I don't understand where such a reversal of opinion has come from. Maybe I need to go back to his first vote for Ty and look for further reasoning in his back peddling. But it looks like he doesn't want the "blame" for Ty4on's death. He made a comment back on D1 that if Ty flipped town then I would be his next target. I know he later retracted this, but if he thought that this was a possible outcome to Ty's death then it would explain why he's made sure it wouldn't be traced back to himself.

Ourobolus
Ouro has suspected me since D1. I know this because he said so on D1. Several times. And then a few more on D2. And already I think in D3.
Now I love the attention, of course, but it's getting a little weird. It feels like Ouro isn't interested in anything else that's happening in the game, he just pops in every now and then to remind us that he's still suspicious of me.
Apart from this, he also seems a little overconfident that everyone else is town:
Crim v Flux? Nah, clearly two townies fighting each other. Pay no attention to their petty reasoning, lets lynch this Splinter fellow instead! Red hood acting strange? Nonsense! He's just an eccentric! Splinter is the real menace! Etc etc (I don't actually remember what he's said about red hood)

So... Yeah. Those are my top 2 until further notice

FluxWaveZ

Actually I can do Flux and Ouro from memory:

Flux
D1 he starts a late push on Ty4on. I was 100% with him at this point, however on D2 he begins distancing himself from the Ty4on push, and simultaneously pushing for a Crimson lynch. Now in D3 and he's entirely unsurprised by Ty4on being town, but has already positioned himself to push the next target.
I don't understand where such a reversal of opinion has come from. Maybe I need to go back to his first vote for Ty and look for further reasoning in his back peddling. But it looks like he doesn't want the "blame" for Ty4on's death. He made a comment back on D1 that if Ty flipped town then I would be his next target. I know he later retracted this, but if he thought that this was a possible outcome to Ty's death then it would explain why he's made sure it wouldn't be traced back to himself.

Because apparently I'm paying attention and knew Ty4on was town when everyone else didn't.

If my goal was to distance myself from a Ty4on lynch, then why is it that I never removed my vote on him on D1? When D2 came, it became more and more evident to me that Ty4on was town, while everyone was somehow convinced that it was Mazre vs. Ty4on and one of them was scum. Instead, I decided to focus on someone I KNEW was scum, but no one else seems to give a shit.

How comes I'm not distancing myself from CrimsonFist like I did for Ty4on, if that's what you think I did and I had this knowledge he would flip town because I'm a Traitor? Crimson was close to being lynched on D2, so wouldn't I want to stop focusing on him if I didn't want to assume responsibility of what he flips as?

It's contradictory. And it's because it makes no damn sense.

FluxWaveZ

Right, sure. I forgot to ask but I need you to explain exactly where/how it became so obvious that Ty is town.

Ugh, hell if I know off the top of my head. I'll check back and try to see whatever circumstances it was that made me more convinced that Ty4on was town than not.

But let me ask you this: why does this matter? If I knew Ty4on was town and wanted to distance myself from him, then so what? I had nothing to do with his lynch. I openly stated several times that I DID NOT want to lynch him. You guys lynched him anyways. Point your questioning regarding his death somewhere else, because I sure wasn't responsible for it.

Top Bottom