• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

redhood56

Banned
First of all
Vote: Unvote
After the first post I think he has been a pretty positive force
Could also be a way to look like a good townie, defending the low hanging fruit, plus you get to throw suspicion on anyone actually going for them.
True but I haven't been defending him yet either.
Never too late. If the game was ending in two hours, who would you lynch?
That's an interesting question! Hm I don't know I don't have any strong suspicions of anyone but maybe you atm, voting for someone just cuz they didn't get any votes yet is strange.

Having reread the thread:

Vote: CornBurrito

You've done a lot of poking, arguing with others over mechanics/how to play, but I don't really feel like you've posted much of substance about your own views on other posters. You've been posting a lot of fairly empty fluff posts, and giving fluff reasons for voting, and when you eventually did post a read list was still omitting one read, and the rest of the reasons were fairly brief and unsubstantial. Plus arguing about mechanics is always a good way to seem active.

I'd still like Droplet to post a bit more, but I guess a vote is more useful on someone actually active.

Ty4on

That's an interesting question! Hm I don't know I don't have any strong suspicions of anyone but maybe you atm, voting for someone just cuz they didn't get any votes yet is strange.

Fair enough. What do you think of those that went after you early in D1? Scum trying to find an easy target or over eager town?

redhood56

Banned
Fair enough. What do you think of those that went after you early in D1? Scum trying to find an easy target or over eager town?
I think it could have been mafia at the start but once they realized I have huge red flags they backed off because the towns attention will be on me and instead of them.

FluxWaveZ

The mafia want to keep me alive because I'm an attention magnet( and I haven't even done any bold predictions yet!)
I think it could have been mafia at the start but once they realized I have huge red flags they backed off because the towns attention will be on me and instead of them.

You're such an attention magnet that you currently have 0 votes placed on you. Interesting thinking you've got going here, that you're some priority to keep alive for the mafia because you're such a detriment/distraction to town.

Ty4on

I kind of forgot that *Splinter was in Woof 2 when making my list of people I've played with before.

More just an oversight no my part, but he didn't make as much of an impact as other players there at the very least.

Interesting. I was wondering if for you (or any other woofwoof players) had more of *Splinter and Corn's behavior there vs. what they're like here?

Why do you think that is the case? If they had stayed on you they could have gotten you closer to being lynched at the end of the day and kept attention away from them. You've fallen out of most people's radars lately.

redhood56

Banned
You're such an attention magnet that you currently have 0 votes placed on you. Interesting thinking you've got going here, that you're some priority to keep alive for the mafia because you're such a detriment/distraction to town.
True while I have fallen off of people's radars for now, I think people will bring up my suspicious actions if I live to day 2.

FluxWaveZ

Interesting. I was wondering if for you (or any other woofwoof players) had more of *Splinter and Corn's behavior there vs. what they're like here?

*Splinter's different. Intentional inactivity in this game vs. immediate activity in the other. CornBurrito seems about the same.

FluxWaveZ

Thats simple Mr.WaveZ! I think that because d2 is still early in the game and there are no power roles we will return to old theories early in d2 because we don't have much to go on.

That's fair, but then I have to wonder what you think is suspicious about you that would warrant returning to after this Day ends.

Especially when it might be unnecessary behavior that you continue to indulge in despite being aware it makes you suspicious.

I would have thought that early day 2 we'd be looking at the voting patterns on whoever we lynch today, and at reads/old posts of whoever got night killed.

I mean, he is the current topic of conversation, so it's not wrong to suggest that he is currently taking the focus of the town, or at least what very little town is actually active right now.

redhood56

Banned
That's fair, but then I have to wonder what you think is suspicious about you that would warrant returning to after this Day ends.

Especially when it might be unnecessary behavior that you continue to indulge in despite being aware it makes you suspicious.
The only thing that I think of is my reaffirmation that I'm town in the beginning. I haven't brought that up since, and I haven't indulged in any suspicious behavior as far as I know.
I would have thought that early day 2 we'd be looking at the voting patterns on whoever we lynch today, and at reads/old posts of whoever got night killed.
I'm not saying we wouldn't do that but I think people's opinions aren't going to change that dramatically over the night phase and some of the same topics will come up again along with new ones.
But I shall go to bed, see you all in the morning!

FluxWaveZ

I mean, he is the current topic of conversation, so it's not wrong to suggest that he is currently taking the focus of the town, or at least what very little town is actually active right now.

It's not, but I never said it was and was referring to his idea that scum would want to keep him alive.

But now that you've made another comment like this, I'm noticing that you're taking a particular liking to being a devil's advocate for redhood; going even further than Kawl.

First it was:
I have to admit, I'm not overly happy about redhood's posts. His constant emphasis on him being town strikes me as a bit of a red flag.
But shortly after, you backed off of scum reading redhood for the same exact reason, while also making sure you didn't go too far in one direction or the other in order to remain neutral. A devil's advocate:
Also on that topic: his continued persistence on calling himself town in a later post make me think that he probably isn't actually scum, seeing as I'd have thought that scum would have corrected that habit after being called out on it. Although then I might expect a townie to do the same as well..
After that it was:
But your question itself was pretty worthless. What did you expect him to say? "No, I'm actually scum, please lynch me"? It's one thing to emphasise the fact that you're town unprompted, but if directly asked, of course that's how someone is going to answer.
And your latest comment.

Curious.

FluxWaveZ

The only thing that I think of is my reaffirmation that I'm town in the beginning. I haven't brought that up since, and I haven't indulged in any suspicious behavior as far as I know.

Even though he is right with me being town, I find it a little suspicious. I totally fucked my start up, and it makes sense to find me suspicious. The mafia want to keep me alive because I'm an attention magnet( and I haven't even done any bold predictions yet!)

???

Are you doing it now without even being aware of it?

It's not, but I never said it was and was referring to his idea that scum would want to keep him alive.

But now that you've made another comment like this, I'm noticing that you're taking a particular liking to being a devil's advocate for redhood; going even further than Kawl.

First it was:

But shortly after, you backed off of scum reading redhood for the same exact reason, while also making sure you didn't go too far in one direction or the other in order to remain neutral. A devil's advocate:

After that it was:

And your latest comment.

Curious.

Am I? Right now I don't really have strong feelings on Redhood. At first I did think he was fairly scummy, but neutral is about how I feel right now, maybe still leaning slightly scummy. If I'm defending him on certain points, it's more because I feel like your reasoning is flawed, rather than out of any strong reason to defend him.

I'm also considering how people reacted to Xam in Woof when looking at him and the various reactions, and Xam's case it was more inattentive town going after him rather than scum.

Ty4on

12. Ty4on - Another one I haven't played with, though he had some time in MGS which I hosted.

• Self-voted, though I assume jokingly...
    Most of his early game posts were fluff
    Town: Burb, Corn
    Scum: Splinter, Flush, Ouro, Mazre, Flux, Karu?

These aren't very accurate BTW. My vote for Burb is self explanatory, but Corn is leaning null. His interactions with *Splinter are interesting though.

Null: Droplet, redhood, Ouro, Cabot, Corn and maybe *Splinter and Mazre.
Scummy:
Royal is a soft read as he has been quite active, but his town rubs me the wrong way (and there's more of it than in Night Vale) and he hasn't been that active.
Karu has posted a lot of fluff and stuff I could imagine scum Karu posting.
Burb is also a little worrying in that he hasn't been involved in much friction. That's super useful for scum in the long run as there's less to suspect them with and harder to find mates if we finally lynch them.
Kawl has posted a lot of long posts, but what I've read ends up being very soft and meandering. Could be how he writes (Trigger in NV comes to mind) though.

I'm a little safer on Crimson, Flux and squidy. Flux has stepped it up and is actively in the conversation. I know Crimson fooled many in woof so I should go back to him, but he has also been active and looking like he was trying to get stuff done. I've said stuff about squidy before, but he looks similar, but more like a townie figuring out stuff and making gambits than a scum knowing everything and being bored.

Ourobolus

Banned
These aren't very accurate BTW. My vote for Burb is self explanatory, but Corn is leaning null. His interactions with *Splinter are interesting though.

Null: Droplet, redhood, Ouro, Cabot, Corn and maybe *Splinter and Mazre.
Scummy:
Royal is a soft read as he has been quite active, but his town rubs me the wrong way (and there's more of it than in Night Vale) and he hasn't been that active.
Karu has posted a lot of fluff and stuff I could imagine scum Karu posting.
Burb is also a little worrying in that he hasn't been involved in much friction. That's super useful for scum in the long run as there's less to suspect them with and harder to find mates if we finally lynch them.
Kawl has posted a lot of long posts, but what I've read ends up being very soft and meandering. Could be how he writes (Trigger in NV comes to mind) though.

I'm a little safer on Crimson, Flux and squidy. Flux has stepped it up and is actively in the conversation. I know Crimson fooled many in woof so I should go back to him, but he has also been active and looking like he was trying to get stuff done. I've said stuff about squidy before, but he looks similar, but more like a townie figuring out stuff and making gambits than a scum knowing everything and being bored.

Apologies, I tried to glean what I could. Some of the info I caught early on may have changed later on, and I just missed it. It was a lot to sift through.

Ty4on

Lol, I don't doubt. It was just the general sense I got from everyone's posts. I figured people would correct me if I was wrong.
There was some interaction these last few pages, but it seems to be over now. What are your opinions of it?

I'm personally happy to see Flux being aggressive and kind of hoping Crimson would have done more. Redhood is still a null, but I don't quite see a scum behaving like he did and bring so visible (first to post after the GAF crash ~four hours ago).

Having reread the thread:

Vote: CornBurrito

You've done a lot of poking, arguing with others over mechanics/how to play, but I don't really feel like you've posted much of substance about your own views on other posters. You've been posting a lot of fairly empty fluff posts, and giving fluff reasons for voting, and when you eventually did post a read list was still omitting one read, and the rest of the reasons were fairly brief and unsubstantial. Plus arguing about mechanics is always a good way to seem active.

I'd still like Droplet to post a bit more, but I guess a vote is more useful on someone actually active.

What mechanics did I talk about in a PRless game?

And yes, being D1 a read list covering everyone will be a bit bare. I hate read lists anyway.

And my only super fluff vote was Solinter and it wasn't even that fluff if you read past my word choice.

What mechanics did I talk about in a PRless game?

And yes, being D1 a read list covering everyone will be a bit bare. I hate read lists anyway.

And my only super fluff vote was Solinter and it wasn't even that fluff if you read past my word choice.

When I say mechanics I mean general meta comments, like whether posting read lists or not is a good idea. I don't see it as a particularly constructive argument, at least to give any sort of focus to. I just felt like going through your post history, I wasn't really getting a lot out of it.

Do you at least feel ready to reveal your read on Redhood?

Droplet

Sorry for my absence again today, I spent most of the day out and I'm about to be more out. I hope I can get more thoughts in before the day ends. I'm at the airport waiting for a plane right now, but luckily(?) I'm here early so I can spend my free time reading this thread and laboriously writing this on my phone. Yay!

01. Droplet - Droplet was out for the first RL day (much like I was - hope your final went well!), so I don't hold that against her. RL is a bitch. Sadly, I don't have much to go on as Drop was brutally murdered by woofs early on in Werewolf Redux, so I'll have to read her as she goes.

1) Thanks, I think it went well!
2)Are you kidding me?

I'm not saying we wouldn't do that but I think people's opinions aren't going to change that dramatically over the night phase and some of the same topics will come up again along with new ones.
But I shall go to bed, see you all in the morning!

Why is it that you're continuing to bring this up, redhood? We weren't exactly knee deep into talking about you either, but you seem to be constantly on the defensive for something that basically amounts to nothing. Your insistence that you're town was weird and honestly kind of dumb, but it didn't strike me as being particularly scummy alone, however the fact that you keep doing it even now is confusing me. Why are you so insistent on painting a target on your back? You've barely brought up anyone that isn't you.

Brb getting on a plane.

FluxWaveZ

Current notable reads.

Null

• redhood56 - Reminds me a lot of Xamtheking in WW1 and WW2, and Lollipop Dave in WW2. That is to mean, rather confusing and possibly anti-town behavior which I'm immediately wary of, but that is done in a way that could very well just be Town acting weird.
  • Karu - Has barely left any kind of mark. Criticized seemingly random voting patterns despite placing a vote on Kawl for pretty much no reason. Said he had a list of reads, but decided not to post them. Hard to figure out what's going on with him at all.
  • cabot - His behavior in this game reminds me more of WW1 than WW2. I trusted him as one of my top town in the former game, when he was actually scum. Gut feeling; slightly leaning towards scum. No particular stand-out posts, but I wouldn't say he's lying low either.
Scum

• CrimsonFist - Acting pretty much the same as he was in WW2, where he was scum, except with more direct input/confrontation in D1 because people have been commenting about his passivity. I had been one of the only people suspicious of him at the start of D1 while everyone was town reading him, and I'm getting the same vibes. Like something's off.

Droplet

Okay so admittedly that last post wasn't very substantive. I do want to say I feel a little better about flux, who prior to this was doing a more active version of what I accused Crimson of before. I do think his playstyle seems to be very adaptive to what other players are critical of, and I am wary of that, but he seems to be generally trying to be helpful as of now.

I have a null read on splinter which is kind of weird consisting he's been a pretty active presence in here. I'm curious as to why that is, and I'll look more into it when I get home.

Still keeping my vote on Crimson for now. I don't feel better about him, but I'm worried that he's becoming an easy target as well.

Brb taking off.

When I say mechanics I mean general meta comments, like whether posting read lists or not is a good idea. I don't see it as a particularly constructive argument, at least to give any sort of focus to. I just felt like going through your post history, I wasn't really getting a lot out of it.

Do you at least feel ready to reveal your read on Redhood?

Yeah. My thoughts on redhood were more a discussion I wanted to start. Let's say we voted him and he flipped town. Do we look at the people who put pressure on him early? What do we find from his lynch if he flips town?

Ourobolus

Banned
There was some interaction these last few pages, but it seems to be over now. What are your opinions of it?

I'm personally happy to see Flux being aggressive and kind of hoping Crimson would have done more. Redhood is still a null, but I don't quite see a scum behaving like he did and bring so visible (first to post after the GAF crash ~four hours ago).

Eh, it's still nothing too different from what's happened earlier, just primarily a rehash of redhood's weird-ass comments. Crimson is still poking around, which I support, but it's hardly indicative of someone being definite town. It's a plus, for sure, but I'm still slightly wary of him.

1) Thanks, I think it went well!
2)Are you kidding me?
Lol, yeah, we have 2 Drops, 2 Bros, and 2 Hobos (although one of them is now Seath).

5 way tie lewdness

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

*Splinter (2)
Kawl_USC .88
cabot .92 .95
CornBurrito .254 .337
Ty4on .314 .314
Ourobolus .362

Karu (2)
Burbeting .64 .110
Ty4on .314 .314
cabot .351
FluxWaveZ .392

Kawl_USC (2)
Karu .74
CrimsonFist .312 .327
*Splinter .329

Burbeting (2)
Ty4on .348
squidyj .377

CornBurrito (2)
Burbeting .110
Ty4on .115 .314
CrimsonFist .402

Mazre (1)
cabot .69 .89
Ty4on .314 .314
Royal_Flush .400

FluxWaveZ (1)
Mazre .55
FluxWaveZ .56 .154
Ty4on .314 .314

CrimsonFist (1)
Droplet .269

squidyj (0)
cabot .242 .351

redhood56 (0)
CornBurrito .135 .149
FluxWaveZ .154 .349

Ourobolus (0)
cabot .95 .220
Ty4on .314 .314

Droplet (0)
CrimsonFist .327 .402

Ty4on (0)
Ty4on .61 .115

cabot (0)
squidyj .60 .377
cabot .89 .92

Royal_Flush (0)
CornBurrito .149 .254
redhood56 .156 .401
cabot .220 .242
CrimsonFist .276 .312

No active vote for Day 1:
CornBurrito (has previously voted)
redhood56 (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
gra_1450648800.png

8 votes for majority

FluxWaveZ

Being casually aware of the scum team name. In DR, Swamped made a post about "Despair" and then we had a little panic in the scum chat where we went through the opening posts to see if Despair had even been mentioned.

Well, this isn't Danganronpa, and I didn't make any kind of "mistake." You realize "Traitors" is in bold in our role PMs?

*Splinter

Well, this isn't Danganronpa, and I didn't make any kind of "mistake." You realize "Traitors" is in bold in our role PMs?
Which is why I said it's possibly nothing... But last time I saw someone name the scum team early it was a scum outing themselves. Do you expect me to disregard it completely?

FluxWaveZ

As if anyone bothered reading those completely.

Yeah, I've come to realize that.
I plan to try harder, but sometimes I think I'm the only one who carefully reads role PMs.

Which is why I said it's possibly nothing... But last time I saw someone name the scum team early it was a scum outing themselves. Do you expect me to disregard it completely?

Yes, actually, because it's a nonsense point. I actually tend to use the flavor alignment names and I did the same in WW1 and WW2, while still going for town and scum/mafia interchangeably.

But, whatever, it's not even something worth discussing.

*Splinter

Yes, actually, because it's a nonsense point. I actually tend to use the flavor alignment names and I did the same in WW1 and WW2, while still going for town and scum/mafia interchangeably.

Fortunately for me, DR town felt the same
¯_(ツ)_/¯

*Splinter

Top scum before I go to sleep

Cabot
He started fluffy, and stopped posting (sleep) just as the thread became fluffy. At first I thought this was unfortunate timing so gave him a pass. I've been getting more suspicious lately though, he just hasn't been his usual pro-active pro-town self. I've also been right before about scum Cabot, which is giving me more confidence on this read.

Flux
Not so much for him mentioning Traitors (which was only a minor point in my eyes), but him getting so defensive on it and then trying to dismiss it completely is ringing all my alarms.

Squidgy
I keep flipping my opinion on squid. Right now I'm leaning scum. His early play could be gambits, as I first thought, but it could also be pointless fluff disguised as gambits. Those aside I've been unsatisfied by his contributions. He also (twice!) ignored my request to explain the benefit of a top town list, although perhaps that's because Crimson answered for him.

VOTE: Squidyj

Less sure on Kawl now, none of his recent posts stood out to me so he's leaning scum still but it feels like a stale read. I'll try to revisit him (and others) tomorrow. Way too many blind spots at the moment

Kawl_USC

Apologizes. I'll pull from the Cabot deck of posting while out. Ill come back with a post of merit before close tomorrow or lunch. Tomatoe, tomatoe on behalf of redhood. Will reevaluate tomorrow. All I meant before now is people jumping on him prematurely are a bit suspicious in my book.

cabot

I had your quote ready but Flux already pointed this out and I laughed.

Current notable reads.

Null

• cabot - His behavior in this game reminds me more of WW1 than WW2. I trusted him as one of my top town in the former game, when he was actually scum. Gut feeling; slightly leaning towards scum. No particular stand-out posts, but I wouldn't say he's lying low either.

[/LIST]

Eh, I can't argue against me being less pro-active in this game, I don't know what to tell you to be honest, According to Palmer my scum tell was being less pronounced in my views and more cautious on the whole. Seems to make sense. I don't know right now, I do feel I've lost some passion. I'm trying to get into the thick of things.

Let it be noted that I have read the full PM and picked up on this info back when you first brought it up and Mazre used it as a scumtell reason for you.

Lots of people are reading me incorrectly, This is frustrating.

Ty4on

Being casually aware of the scum team name. In DR, Swamped made a post about "Despair" and then we had a little panic in the scum chat where we went through the opening posts to see if Despair had even been mentioned.
I think it's likely the word traitor doesn't exist in the scum PM. It's a strange thing to call yourself.

I was about to say I thought this looked bad for Mazre, but it seems like a weird mistake after Night Vale.

Karu

Was out with friends last night/had no net for the last 24 hours basically, so that's why I have been missing as of late, Will go through what I've missed and go from there!

Ty4on

Was out with friends last night/had no net for the last 24 hours basically, so that's why I have been missing as of late, Will go through what I've missed and go from there!
Know that right now you're probably my top lynch candidate.

What do you think of redhood?

Top Bottom