• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can't matchmake still a day later and now I'm getting disconnected from single player content.

Fuck this industry right to death.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Hooked up with on old buddy and took on some Challenger difficulty maps as a pair doing all side objectives etc, good times. Game ran flawlessly, looks *beautiful*, turn AA on. The lighting, volumetric fog, terrain deformation, explosions, particle effects all look gorgeous on my OLED (PS5 Performance Mode), don't know what game other people are playing lol. I had 1 single crash in the 6 hours I clocked today, can't wait to get back into it, need sleep though 💤

Last edited:

Evolved1

Well you just answered the question I came here for. Waiting for all this to be resolved before buying.
You can play with friends thus far... but the disconnects are new for me :/

PS5 btw. For clarification

Evolved1

Btw... EVOLVED1 on PSN if anyone wants to add. I love this game when it works.

Will also eventually be on PC too

It's so good, even with quickplay not working yet.

Would love some more people on the friends list playing if anyone wants to add my stupid PSN ID

xx_BATMANx

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Any reason to play on Ps5 rather than pc? I heard ps5 is 1080p/60 which is a bit of a let down, so I’d probably just go pc.

Absolutely none. The PS5 version, at least from the pre-release videos, looks aliased to hell and back. Definitely still that on the PC, but it isn't as noticeable with good hardware. I have "okay" hardware and am able to run at 4K/60 on Quality mode and haven't experienced any performance issues (not tied to AH's servers).

Dynasty8

Game is very fun based on day 1...but I do feel like there may be an issue with lack of content. We'll have to wait and see.

The game has crazy potential with the core gameplay being fun...but I feel like people will definitely get bored by next month. The objectives are cool, but what else will there be to do in the future? I know this is a PvE game, but PvP does kind of make sense too. World bosses would also be a cool addition... challenging Raids or other types of dungeons? There is a lot of potential with the gameplay loop, problem is content might start feeling stale if there is a lack of activities.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game is very fun based on day 1...but I do feel like there may be an issue with lack of content. We'll have to wait and see.

The game has crazy potential with the core gameplay being fun...but I feel like people will definitely get bored by next month. The objectives are cool, but what else will there be to do in the future? I know this is a PvE game, but PvP does kind of make sense too. World bosses would also be a cool addition... challenging Raids or other types of dungeons? There is a lot of potential with the gameplay loop, problem is content might start feeling stale if there is a lack of activities.

I dunno about that. I feel like the "content" in this game is about on par with DRG and that game still manages to chug along with a healthy userbase (and didn't come close to the numbers HD2 has done, which will only grow once the weekend actually gets here).

. . .it's also a live-service game: additional content has already been teased.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Wait… I thought you guys said the patch fixed the game on PC minus some crashes?

I really don’t need a $40 brick I can’t play online.

What’s the truth?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Those giant cannon towers can really fuck you up. They can hit you from really far away too.

Yeah, those were pretty fun. I think one knocked me 4x and each time I kept chucking more grenades/air strikes at it. Could never destroy it though.

I think the challenging nature of the game will help the game feel less stale. Even with all the gear and upgrades unlocked, most gamers will really struggle at the highest difficulty levels. I do wish there was one more faction to fight against though. 3 at launch would have been perfect, 2 feels a bit light. The Galatic map clearly shows gaps where 1-2 additional factions could be implemented. If Sony and Arrowhead are smart, they are sitting on 6 months of content before HD2 released

Regardless, pretty much every PvE game runs into this problem. HD2 has such a strong foundational gameplay loop that I don't think they'll have trouble retaining enough players between content drops. Also, there is so much room to expand the gameplay with mechs, vehicles, different biomes, new factions ect. I'm really excited what this game is like 1-2 years from now

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
This is how Gaas Should be done, by teams that know it and love it and you can see the passion on display here. Just like Bungie.

Don't force Devs to do something they don't want to do.

Also shows you that GaaS doesnt need a massive AAA budget. Just a passionate, small core team that's allowed to see through their vision without too many cooks in the kitchen. Hope Sony acquired Arrowhead.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
My only issue is unlocks for guns seem to be through some strange battle pass type system?

that sucks.

Can I just share my friend code thing on here and people can add me?

#1887-6407

Last edited:

The Stig

I did not know of this game's existence until today.

Colour me intrigued.

Will I like this?

One of my fave game modes is horde mode in gears of war, also i love that starship troopers game that is in early access.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Gunplay in this game is sublime.
My only issue is unlocks for guns seem to be through some strange battle pass type system?

that sucks.

Can I just share my friend code thing on here and people can add me?

#1887-6407
No you can buy supercredit in the warbound store in the same way you unlock new weapons and you can find them around the map, there is nothing you can't get without money.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Gunplay in this game is sublime.

No you can buy supercredit in the warbound store in the same way you unlock new weapons and you can find them around the map, there is nothing you can't get without money.

Yep, the gunplay is absolutely top tier! The feeling of impact and how the reticle works. amazing stuff

so How do I buy new guns, I'm a bit confused.... :/
Are you playing on PSN or Steam?

Steam, it just seems to be a little janky tonight. I managed to get into a game now. Hopefully it sorts itself out as Im planning a full night on it.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
I’m trying really hard to like the game, but I just can’t get past how much the stratagems interrupt the flow of gameplay. Everything is a hassle. Reloading is always manual. Having to res players each and everytime they fall. Compound that with no dodge or evasion.

It just feels like a really old game.

GymWolf

Gold Member
From the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:
This is one of our most significant issues in the game right now. It manifests itself when you attempt to join a mission at the War Table on the ship, and you see a "Failed to join game lobby" message.

Why It Happens:
There's a problem with how we're finding valid matches for you, when you attempt to matchmake, and it gets worse with a very large player base. The core of the problem is that the matchmaking is attempting to put you into the same game as a lot of other players.

Frequency:
This happened at launch for almost all players who have attempted to use Quickplay, either on PC or PlayStation. Over the last twelve hours, it's reduced for the PC community, but is still prevalent for PlayStation users.

What We've Done / Are Doing:
We put out a patch yesterday that took the Quickplay success rate on Quickplay attempts from about 5-10% to about 75-80%, with a fair bit of regional variability. This is just a fix on PC at the moment, but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.

w=480

I like how open and detailed they are, but they are huffing copium like there is no tomorrow if they really think that's the success percentage after the fix :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Another night of bullshit. Still can't even play the online co op game due to matchmaking being fucked.

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Hoping we get something for this. Obviously affecting numbers with the helldivers online

Back to relink I slink

Last edited:
I was talking to a friend earlier who has the game and is enjoying it, got to the topc of what else Sony could offer in third person multiplayer.

Warhawk PS3 remaster or sequel I would love to see happen, I know they made Starhawk but that was disappointment imo.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I’m trying really hard to like the game, but I just can’t get past how much the stratagems interrupt the flow of gameplay. Everything is a hassle. Reloading is always manual. Having to res players each and everytime they fall. Compound that with no dodge or evasion.

It just feels like a really old game.

I dunno. Some Strategems are just muslce-memory for me at this point. I imagine the same will be true long term once your "build" gets settled on. I honestly like the system; it is clearly only there to frazzle you in the heat of combat, but it's not so odious that you can't get a new or complicated one off in a few seconds.

. . .the only issue I've had is if you press ANYTHING else inadvertently, you will stop holding the Pokeball: that needs a QoL change to where perhaps you only can tab off the Strategem if you hit Triangle or a dedicated button like that. I've hit an extra directional button too many times and have had to redo the sequence - that gets old.

Top Bottom