• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

yurinka

From the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:
This is one of our most significant issues in the game right now. It manifests itself when you attempt to join a mission at the War Table on the ship, and you see a "Failed to join game lobby" message.

Why It Happens:
There's a problem with how we're finding valid matches for you, when you attempt to matchmake, and it gets worse with a very large player base. The core of the problem is that the matchmaking is attempting to put you into the same game as a lot of other players.

Frequency:
This happened at launch for almost all players who have attempted to use Quickplay, either on PC or PlayStation. Over the last twelve hours, it's reduced for the PC community, but is still prevalent for PlayStation users.

What We've Done / Are Doing:
We put out a patch yesterday that took the Quickplay success rate on Quickplay attempts from about 5-10% to about 75-80%, with a fair bit of regional variability. This is just a fix on PC at the moment, but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.
This is top tier community management

ToadMan

Plus I had one crash and a mission bugged that we couldn’t finish until it was time for extraction.

There’s stuff to fix.

I don't think I've had any crashes or bugged missions yet as it happens.

Just can't join with randoms except once when it worked without me searching for beacons even.

On ps5 that is....

bender

What time is it?
...but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.

well-waiting.gif

tommib

Gold Member
From the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:
This is one of our most significant issues in the game right now. It manifests itself when you attempt to join a mission at the War Table on the ship, and you see a "Failed to join game lobby" message.

Why It Happens:
There's a problem with how we're finding valid matches for you, when you attempt to matchmake, and it gets worse with a very large player base. The core of the problem is that the matchmaking is attempting to put you into the same game as a lot of other players.

Frequency:
This happened at launch for almost all players who have attempted to use Quickplay, either on PC or PlayStation. Over the last twelve hours, it's reduced for the PC community, but is still prevalent for PlayStation users.

What We've Done / Are Doing:
We put out a patch yesterday that took the Quickplay success rate on Quickplay attempts from about 5-10% to about 75-80%, with a fair bit of regional variability. This is just a fix on PC at the moment, but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.

w=480

I like how open and detailed they are, but they are huffing copium like there is no tomorrow if they really think that's the success percentage after the fix :lollipop_squinting:
So, as I thought, servers are fried and not ready.

ToadMan

Yesterday I played with randoms,worked fine, today only with friends, matchmaking not working?

Well since launch it seems broken. I haven't matched with randoms reliably, and the devs are apparently pushing a fix out.

The irritating thing is PC has the fix, while on ps5 we are waiting.

bender

What time is it?
Also I'd love to be in a region with 5-10% success rate for "failed to join". It feels like it is way below that, especially when you factor in the times it just searches endlessly, crashes when joining, or the host leaves as soon as you connect.

Killjoy-NL

***News from the front!***
Enemies killed: 614187
Helldivers KIA: 7342
Bullets Fired: 5679742
***Orion Sector: 81.4% controlled***
Heath: 55.9%
Angels Venture: 13.8%

***Are you doing your part?***

I think the way they make it a community-effort is genius.

Now, if only the MM hotfix for PS5 would drop....

Last edited:

havoc00

I’m trying really hard to like the game, but I just can’t get past how much the stratagems interrupt the flow of gameplay. Everything is a hassle. Reloading is always manual. Having to res players each and everytime they fall. Compound that with no dodge or evasion.

It just feels like a really old game.
Filtered

Luipadre

Another PC patch, still no 1st patch on PS5 sigh. With being a second party release you'd think they can release patches faster like 1st party

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Got on with a buddy to only play one level.

So far:

- Game crashed once in 75 mins of play
-Had but if my armory not loading my change so it was almost frozen
-Text on screen looked (think it’s fixed?) low res compared to rest of game
-First ice level was ugly as fuck making me think was this game all bull shots but then…
-Second level was gorgeous and game fun sky rocketed with friend playing with me

Can’t wait to play more but now I have a migraine so I’m out for a few hours to be in a dark room. Fuck .

I just got an update on steam. Not sure what for :)
For this patch, our major areas of focus were
Resolving crashes.
Improving matchmaking functionality.

The following issues have been fixed for this version.
Resolved crashes when pressing ESC to open the menu, or O to open the social tab.
Game no longer crashes after matchmaking.
General improvements to matchmaking.
Resolved crashes after interacting with the Armory before their first dive.
Solved crash-to-desktop when equipping the MP-98 Knight.

phant0m

Just play single for now or join gaf players.
Dunno if this works on PC but has been working pretty reliably on PS5:

Go to the pink automaton section on the left side of galactic map. Zoom in on the section and click INTO one of the planets. Run quick play. I get in a game like 7/10 times.

I think it scopes the matching to just that planet and it’s way lower pop than the bug planets.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
For this patch, our major areas of focus were
Resolving crashes.
Improving matchmaking functionality.

The following issues have been fixed for this version.
Resolved crashes when pressing ESC to open the menu, or O to open the social tab.
Game no longer crashes after matchmaking.
General improvements to matchmaking.
Resolved crashes after interacting with the Armory before their first dive.
Solved crash-to-desktop when equipping the MP-98 Knight.

I'm still getting crashes to desktop. Game freezes and then I here a blip of audio again then the game crashes. Such a shame becuase I love this game.

I didn't quit GymWolf GymWolf it crashed on me. I'm gonna look into doing some tuning tomorrow. Will also try playing without gaf on my secondary monitor and maybe full screen exclusive will sort it.

Amazing game for what it does.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is that free pass something we have to sign up for or it's automatic?
No signing up. It's just there by default.

You earn medals and can use those medals to buy things from the store. The store is separated into pages, the more medals you spend, the more pages you unlock.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Got on with a buddy to only play one level.

So far:

- Game crashed once in 75 mins of play
-Had but if my armory not loading my change so it was almost frozen
-Text on screen looked (think it’s fixed?) low res compared to rest of game
-First ice level was ugly as fuck making me think was this game all bull shots but then…
-Second level was gorgeous and game fun sky rocketed with friend playing with me

Can’t wait to play more but now I have a migraine so I’m out for a few hours to be in a dark room. Fuck .
Yeah the planets can wildly differ in graphic quality.

Btw, quickplay is still straight trash even after the last patch, especially in the insect planets.

I can only play if i have friends and sometimes i can't even reach them.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

This was something I was curious about, but I'm thinking I'll wait until all the kinks are ironed out on PC and the price drops a bit more. I honestly think I'm pretty burnt out on the whole 4 player PVE enemy horde thing. Sounds like something I'll enjoy for a bit, and then put it down.

This sure looks pretty - on PC at least 'cause I've read in here that the PS5 version isn't a looker in comparison, any truth to that boys ? How worse.does it look and/or run ?
It’s pretty ugly on ps5
They really need to sort this out as this is getting on my nerves, coop game. Nobody can join my game and if they do they get disconnected. Meanwhile the devs are just like lolz sorrz we`re working on it
you gotta really wonder at the level of incompetence…kinda baffling really. You release an always online matching making game that can’t match make with Sony money?

Top Bottom