• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

SCB3

god dammit, I cleared a Challenging mission with 2 randoms and got through with the skin of our teeth, only for it not to give any mission rewards on completion, Levelling up seems to be stuck somewhat for me as well, still only level 5, but I'll see what the XP value is after and before the next mission I do

god dammit, I cleared a Challenging mission with 2 randoms and got through with the skin of our teeth, only for it not to give any mission rewards on completion, Levelling up seems to be stuck somewhat for me as well, still only level 5, but I'll see what the XP value is after and before the next mission I do

Had one properly complete just before hitting the gym, so might be fixed or might be lucky.
(Psn: PectacularOz )

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Every single game - whether solo or with a squad - has multiple action movie moments like this, I can't get enough

I'm routinely clearing Challenging levels solo now, dare I tackle Hard? Oh and what I wrote previously about not taking on a Bile Titan solo? Forget that, take it on, just make sure you've got your trusty Railgun on you 👌

Sw0pDiller

Needed to log in a couple of times in ps5 version but after the login it runned smooth with a party of three. Servers are getting hammered for sure

Fucking PS+ ran out and so I tried to use an old PS+ code and it just keeps looping on the redeem page but not actually redeeming. So I go to spend $80 god damn dollars to pay for their shit service for another year, and I get some network error trying to add PSN money and am now being told to try again later. On top of all that I don't know that I'd be able to play regardless since apparently the servers are screwed right now for Helldivers as well.

Great stuff.

Last edited:

Osthyvel

What the f... i loved the first one, did not plan to buy this, but i just did... You know, Starship troopers is one of my favourites, and i wont lie, this game looks fun. I am more of a solo player though, but i can play with randoms in this so thats fun. Are there said anything about the future, will there be more free content, weapons, Missions etc or will everything be paid dlc? Any words about that?

GreyHand23

What the f... i loved the first one, did not plan to buy this, but i just did... You know, Starship troopers is one of my favourites, and i wont lie, this game looks fun. I am more of a solo player though, but i can play with randoms in this so thats fun. Are there said anything about the future, will there be more free content, weapons, Missions etc or will everything be paid dlc? Any words about that?
All free updates. Story, missions, enemy types, etc. Will probably have new free and premium war bonds though.

panda-zebra

Are the servers down right now? I can't seem to even log in
I just kept spamming X and got in 3 times this way earlier today.

Game seems a bit iffy after a match, cannot access the default war bond it just cancels out, and trying to play another game after that happened caused a crash twice.

Kings Field

Ran a three stack last night of friends on hard difficulty. What a fucking experience. We were being overrun by bugs so I called in a 120mm strike and held it until I went down and the bugs were chomping on my corpse and it flattened a good chunk.

I sacrificed my friends a lot with strikes even thought I kept yelling “BACK IT UP TERRY BACK IT UP” they died, I laughed, they didn’t lol

tommib

Gold Member
Game is super buggy on PS5 at the moment. Will let it sit and come back later. Finished a mission and I’m frozen on a grey screen.

jOeQLla.jpg

drotahorror

Game is super buggy on PS5 at the moment. Will let it sit and come back later. Finished a mission and I’m frozen on a grey screen.

jOeQLla.jpg
I just had that happen to me on PC too. I alt f4d and looks like it’s not connecting to shit now and I didn’t get anything from previous mission.

jOeQLla.jpg
This started at like 1am last night for me. EST that is. I played such an obscene amount that I was able to see new bugs happen in real time lol.

We were able to spam X out of that.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Got damn! Just solo'd a mission on Hard where you've got to take out TWO Bile Titans. I take them out and as I'm making my way to the extraction point *another* one appears with friends, I manage to take it out too and extract, talk about intense! Need to clear one more mission in this set for a solo hat trick on Hard 👌

Last edited:
Got damn! Just solo'd a mission on Hard where you've got to take out TWO Bile Titans. I take them out and as I'm making my way to the extraction point *another* one appears with friends, I manage to take it out to and extract, talk about intense! Need to clear one more mission in this set for a solo hat trick on Hard 👌
We got into Extreme last night and Bile Titans just started randomly spawning with mobs. My butthole puckered in terror.

Luipadre

Played my first 4 man on PS and yeah... fps took a nosedive and crashed too mid match. They need to fix these crashes and i hope they can optimize this game more, because 1 and 2 man experience is smooth 60, but 4 man can get pretty bad

Killjoy-NL

That smoke screen barrage is a life-saver.

We were getting overwhelmed from all sides, we kept dying over and over.
Popped a smoke screen and me and another teammate, who were left over, ran away. Turned around and there was no bug around.
Very underrated support skill, imo.

Think I'm going support scout-ish with this.

Btw, anyone know if that energy weapon from the Warbond is any good?

Servers are down for maintenance.

Should be back in 2 hours or so.

I had some incredible match, only to get booted right at the end. We were all randoms sweating our balls out against the fucking robots. It was one of the best co-op sections I had in years and I can only imagine what can be if I get my mates into this.

Ogbert

Gold Member
The game is growing on me.

It’s not a traditional GaaS where you will burn through a battle pass and level up. It’s much more of a sandbox with a focus on emergent gameplay.

I’m not sure about longevity, but what it does, it does very well.

Also, excellent art direction with a focus on lighting and weather effects.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Oh yes, I got it done alright, solo Hard a success! Died at extract for the last mission in the set but a win is a win. Servers bugging out though, multiple games where I didn't get the XP/medals I earned even though I was playing solo. Also, loving the Guard Dog strat, laser variant, saved my life multiple times.

urm68pS.jpg

That smoke screen barrage is a life-saver.

We were getting overwhelmed from all sides, we kept dying over and over.
Popped a smoke screen and me and another teammate, who were left over, ran away. Turned around and there was no bug around.
Very underrated support skill, imo.

Think I'm going support scout-ish with this.

Btw, anyone know if that energy weapon from the Warbond is any good?
Tried the Laser against Automatons, not good. Need to try against Bugs, can't help you there at the moment.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah when the game work there is nothing really similar, it's just a joy to play and addicting, gunplay is among the best in the genre, movements and especially climbing an vaulting can be clunky pretty often, they really have to fix that.

We had a great series of matches with lee50_10 lee50_10 and a dude called Monkeyhobo.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
If I didn't already buy the game this would have sold me on it.
I usually don't like to take responsability for what people buy, but this game is that good, so yeah go for it.

I mean, just read throught the topic, everyone is more than positive about the game.

They just need to iron out the servers and release content to not make the game stale.

Edit: my bad, you already bought the game :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

lee50_10

Yeah when the game work there is nothing really similar, it's just a joy to play and addicting, gunplay is among the best in the genre, movements and especially climbing an vaulting can be clunky pretty often, they really have to fix that.

We had a great series of matches with lee50_10 lee50_10 and a dude called Monkeyhobo.
Yeah great game we had would have played all evening and night if it wasn't for those family responsibilities:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Killjoy-NL

That or the smg, until i unlock the next warbound, i'm already at 730 super credit.
I've spent my credits on that light armor that's for sale in the store.
Wanted the extra speed and stamina regen.

Have to say, credits aren't that hard to grind.
Seems pretty fair so far.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I've spent my credits on that light armor that's for sale in the store.
Wanted the extra speed and stamina regen.

Have to say, credits aren't that hard to grind.
Seems pretty fair so far.
Don't waste super credits on that, you can buy a light armour with medals.

Save the credits to buy the warbound package.

Top Bottom