• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Killjoy-NL

Don't waste super credits on that, you can buy a light armour with medals.

Save the credits to buy the warbound package.
Yeah, I just like the looks of the store armor better.

I can always buy store credits I feel like it takes too long for a future item.
Or to buy a warbond.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
Game is super buggy on PS5 at the moment. Will let it sit and come back later. Finished a mission and I’m frozen on a grey screen.

jOeQLla.jpg
Same here.

I’m going to leave it for a couple of days. No rush and I don’t want to start getting irritated by it.

TheMan

The server issues are a huge bummer because the game rules.
Yup. It’s better in some ways, but it can still take many attempts before you can actually join a game and play. And then sometimes I can’t access upgrade screens or upgrades won’t register.

Hopefully things get fixed before everyone’s attention shifts to the next big thing

Edit: currently seems impossible to join anything. Fuck this

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Finally had a chance to sit down and play with a friend and of course the servers are terrible and we aren't even getting rewards post mission completion, gonna shelve it until they can get things in order.

Belthazar

During this down time I was thinking about how everything just comes together for this game and how they nailed the formula and concept for this.

Even the actual structure that's tied with the galactic war metanarrative is really clever, as the content is drip fed to the players in a way that doesn't seem artificial and that makes sense and engages the player base towards a goal.

I mean, it was a developer decision to do it like this, but instead of feeling like they were crappy for arbitrarily gating content and only launching with very few (4) planets available, it felt really rewarding to collectively liberate the first planet and unlock the next 2 (that were completely new biomes).

And the best part about it is that the ridiculously little effect each match has on the overall progress of the war also works really well with the satire and social commentary aspect of the game.

Man, I really wanted to play today.

drotahorror

I gotta pretty decent Super Credit farm: (it's kind of common sense)

Stratagems - Eagle Air Strike / Orbital Gatling / Orbital Precision / Jump Pack - Take out anything if needed and Jump pack for extra mobility (Hold Space or X? on PS5 to activate)
Light Armor / Scout perk - Less Detection and run faster/stam recovery.

Pick a mission on Easy difficulty with a simple objective. Avoid patrols/nests/etc. Only do Points of Interests and the main objective.
This takes about 10-12 minutes for me, usually nets 30+ SC and a couple extra medals. Make sure you grenade any storage doors (blue doors/orange doors). If you get 1 or more of the 2 man door bunkers, well, that sucks. I've tried everything to blow them up and they are sturdy af.

With this method you can easily farm 100 SC in an hour or so.

To me this makes their premium model pretty trivial unless you are just impatient or time constrained. I like that just playing casually you can get the premium Warbond within a week or so.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

can we just talk about how amazing this world building trailer is?

why is this not one of the random videos that plays on the ship? my god its perfect, the stroller scene broke me. Military recruiters should take notice, this is how its done.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's bizarre, i have the server down but if someone that is playing invite me i can join.

So basically send me a request to join if you see me online, i can only play that way.

(also, why are the servers not down for everyone?)

SCB3

Ok, my progression is definitely bugged atm, I'm not getting XP or Warmedals at all, and the other currency seems to not be increasing either

I'm hoping its retroactive but stuff like that is making me not want to play

Top Bottom