• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

This is why you do an open beta before launch
The problem is on reddit and on discord a large percentage of the community is gaslighting the rest of the players saying just be patient, even though we have been for the past 4 days at this point. Any criticism or mentioning of the issue, you get downvoted on reddit. There's now also a 10 minute slowmode on Discord's general chat since everyone is fedup

havoc00

The problem is on reddit and on discord a large percentage of the community is gaslighting the rest of the players saying just be patient, even though we have been for the past 4 days at this point. Any criticism or mentioning of the issue, you get downvoted on reddit. There's now also a 10 minute slowmode on Discord's general chat since everyone is fedup
Reddit is aids

XXL

Just gifted the game to a friend on steam. First time I ever did it.
I love gifting on Steam. I just randomly gift some of my friends irl games from time to time randomly.

I gifted my friend Portal 1/2 randomly other week when they were on sale. He's pretty casual, but he loved both of them, he had never even heard of them before.

Such a great feature.

This is maybe one of those situations where Sony should maybe step in to provide network assistance or provide more servers. Possibly also force the devs to switch EAC, but I know that won't happen as the developers doubled down on it on a recent post.
The devs literally posted that its the weekend and their a-team will get crackin come monday.

Last edited:
CEO just posted on discord... yep their servers cannot handle the popularity:

"Hey guys, you guys are breaking the internet with the love for the game... We really can't keep up! So many of us have been doing 12+ hour days now just trying to mitigate the issues. Come Monday morning (10 hours from now) we are getting into the office to really work through the most major issues and create permanent fixes that will resolve this.

Our servers are restricted at logins of 10,000 users attempting to login in every minute. Which means that eventually you will get in if you retry."

Sw0pDiller

This is why you do an open beta before launch
It seems they did not anticipate more than 10.000 login attempts per minute. You cant bèta test that. Once in the game it runs great. I dont know how they manage that. Different and scalable server i guess.

Luipadre

CEO just posted on discord... yep their servers cannot handle the popularity:

"Hey guys, you guys are breaking the internet with the love for the game... We really can't keep up! So many of us have been doing 12+ hour days now just trying to mitigate the issues. Come Monday morning (10 hours from now) we are getting into the office to really work through the most major issues and create permanent fixes that will resolve this.

Our servers are restricted at logins of 10,000 users attempting to login in every minute. Which means that eventually you will get in if you retry."

Yeah im expecting fixes next week.

I love gifting on Steam. I just randomly gift some of my friends irl games from time to time randomly.

I gifted my friend Portal 1/2 randomly other week when they were on sale. He's pretty casual, but he loved both of them, he had never even heard of them before.

Such a great feature.
I wasn't being generous. I expect him to play the game with me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just got the progression bug everyone is experiencing. Not sure why they just don't turn off servers as most people aren't sitting on forums or Discord to know what the hell is going on.
They've been at it all day, and 0 progress has been made. (0 as far as players can tell anyway)

Last edited:

Luipadre

image.png

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member

The only question I have is what is "sleep"? Anyway, it's clear they completely underestimated just how popular the game would be and yes, there absolutely should have been a beta, I can see a lot of people giving up on this out of frustration, shame because Arrowhead really have created solid gold albeit with impurities lol. I'll be out the whole day with the wife, hopefully it's fixed by the evening.

fallingdove

I really want to jump in. Game looks amazing.

Sadly, too many PS5 console exclusives to wade through. Still loving Granblue Fantasy, FF7 Rebirth in two weeks, now Helldivers…

It would have been great if Sony would have spaced these games out, I’ll be in a nursing home by the time I get around to Persona 3 and Dragons Dogma 2.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I finally caught up on impressions and video. Bought on Stein.

Gonna try it on Deck since I shut down the PC.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I didn't know about this progression bug til I came in here. I thought was wierd my cash wasn't going up.

Will it be retroactively fixed or not? Cause the none of my orange materials from hard have registered.

Great game though.

Varteras

I didn't know about this progression bug til I came in here. I thought was wierd my cash wasn't going up.

Will it be retroactively fixed or not? Cause the none of my orange materials from hard have registered.

Great game though.
As I understand it, you sadly play at your own risk for now. They've mentioned nothing of compensation or retroactively giving you what you earned. I hate to say it, but if you absolutely do not want to play without guarantee of your rewards, you're gonna want to wait for the all-clear.

Top Bottom