• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

This game isn't exactly a next gen AAA looker but on a 57" UW Monitor with HDR the bigger battles are an absolute spectacle. And it still runs really well no matter how much carnage is going on on screen. Now if only the online infrastructure could keep up with that level of polish.....

I suspect the game will run out of steam once you've unlocked most of the gadgets but for its price this is amazing value.

bender

What time is it?
Just did 2-man operation on Helldive difficulty. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and Impossible. We managed to extract on two of the three missions.

Also, if you don't get button prompts after coming out of a mission, I don't think it gives you the rewards and it seems completely random. What a messy launch.

Huge red flag here.

Players are going to leave in droves once the gear grind ends for them.
I don't see myself leaving this game anytime soon. It has one best multiplayer gameplay loops I have ever played. Even if I didn't have anything to upgrade, the unpredictable chaotic nature of the game is addicting as fuck. Also, the high difficulty rating(for most gamers) will keep them coming back for the challenge. It is one of the best PvE shooters on the market to screw around with friends to boot. It definitely gonna have legs

But yeah, this is the only gaas game in which I wish the grind for gear was longer. I'm gonna beat the battle pass in next few days most likely. New factions, mechs, and vehicles in the future will be great additions. So much to expand upon

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I hope its all fixed by tonight.

I adore this game.

The game is build on Darktide’s engine (Sringray) which kinda explains a lot about the backend mess.

That's a shame to hear, me and the buds at work were so hyped for that game and the launch issues killed it.

I managed to salesman pitch this game to like 6 people over the weekend and I was getting bombarded with messages it didn't work last night...now I just hope they get to see its brilliance or I'm gonna be getting it in the neck.

SCB3

Y'know I was thinking about this earlier as my Skin is kinda like a Star Wars/Killzone Hybrid

Imagine this as a Star Wars game and playing as the Stormtroopers/Clone Troopers eridicating these kinda threats for the Empire, thats the kinda star wars game I need

GymWolf

Gold Member
I hope its all fixed by tonight.

I adore this game.

That's a shame to hear, me and the buds at work were so hyped for that game and the launch issues killed it.

I managed to salesman pitch this game to like 6 people over the weekend and I was getting bombarded with messages it didn't work last night...now I just hope they get to see its brilliance or I'm gonna be getting it in the neck.
Darktide is good now, you and your friends should give it another chance, that game has peak first person gunplay and melee feedback.

Last edited:

Z O N E

This is why games should release on a Monday, so if there are issues, you have the whole week to work on them and get patches out before the weekend.

This game released on Thursday, which leaves realistically only 1 day for them to release a quick hotfix before the weekend and then during the weekend, players are just stuck with issues.

Seems to me they're just overwhelmed by the amount of players, their backend wasn't built to support that many at once.

Typical growing pains of a surprisingly successful online game.
It's always funny to hear when developers were surprised it was a hit. I guess when you are so close to something you can blind your perception(good or bad). I still feel like Sony, with their experience, should have realized the potential for this being big. But their last mass appeal multiplayer was probably Socom, which is crazy to think how long ago that was

Last edited:

SCB3

It's always funny to hear when developers were surprised it was a hit. I guess when you are so close to something you can blind your perception(good or bad). I still feel like Sony, with their experience, should have realized the potential for this being big. But their last mass appeal multiplayer was probably Socom, which is crazy to think how long ago that was
Man SOCOM was done so dirty by the PSN hacks, I'm surprised that SOCOM and Killzone have not had new entries for a while now

SCB3

Worked well this morning lads, rewards and everything
Its a server issue, sometimes it will work and sometimes not, it only really happens when theres a lot of players, for example over this weekend, its Monday morning so it'll be quiet

Zheph

Its a server issue, sometimes it will work and sometimes not, it only really happens when theres a lot of players, for example over this weekend, its Monday morning so it'll be quiet
for sure and there is a big hype so more people might jump in this week but I think the worst is behind us

DelireMan7

Game is so good ! I can't even believe it lived up to the hype !

Aside from the technical issue Sunday afternoon (Europe time, we were able to play the full evening), the game is pure fire.

Working as a team is key, shooting any living forms feels really good, making hell rain down on the planet is exhilarating.

I love trying different setting. On a 3 man squad, I tried a "lone wolf" build with mortar sentinel to assault enemy places, an orbital strike, a cerberus for defense and EAT for sniping nest or big threat. Also used the armor that give a scan on the map and reduces detection from enemy. I was running, mostly on stealth, on my own on small objective/nest/minor site while the 2 others were doing bigger stuff. And I was joining them whem needed. Very satisfying.

I was confused by the Orbital strikes 120 and 380 mm. Both send several shells on a huuuuuge radius but not really on the target you marked. But nonetheless I love using them now for preventive strikes on objective or to cover a retreat. Pure chaos !

Love this game !

Last edited:

Aside from the technical issue Sunday afternoon (Europe time, we were able to play the full evening), the game is pure fire.

Working as a team is key, shooting any living forms feels really good, making hell rain down on the planet is exhilarating.

I love trying different setting. On a 3 man squad, I tried a "lone wolf" build with mortar sentinel to assault enemy places, an orbital strike, a cerberus for defense and EAT for sniping nest or big threat. Also used the armor that give a scan on the map and reduces detection from enemy. I was running, mostly on stealth, on my own on small objective/nest/minor site while the 2 others were doing bigger stuff. And I was joining them whem needed. Very satisfying.

I was confused by the Orbital strikes 120 and 380 mm. Both send several shells on a huuuuuge radius but not really on the target you marked. But nonetheless I love using them now for preventive strikes on objective or to cover a retreat. Pure chaos !

Love this game !
380 is obv bigger but has a much longer time to call down - risk is your target may have moved, then it becomes a timing thing.

Reactions: Isa

MarkyG

Love this game !
I think I read/saw somewhere that this is tied to the skill level you play at. Higher skill=lower accuracy the support targeting is. I could be wrong though.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

DelireMan7

380 is obv bigger but has a much longer time to call down - risk is your target may have moved, then it becomes a timing thing.
It's not really the time to come down the problem but more the "inaccuracy" of the 2 strikes. It just shoot around the target (but not on it) on a very big radius.
Now I just use it to rain hell on enemies, knowing it will most probably not hit the target I wanted. But it so satisfying to watch.
I think I read/saw somewhere that this is tied to the skill level you play at. Higher skill=lower accuracy the support targeting is. I could be wrong though.
You mean the difficulty ? It would be weird to do that.
I know there is some atmospheric effect, that affect the accuracy of the orbital strikers.

Also I love side objective affecting the mission. Like fixing the artillery, gives you access to the artillery stratagem for the mission. The Radar uncover the map...

Also does anyone know if destroying the "lurker/stalker's den" (the invisible insect, don't know the name in english) makes him disappear ? It's a really annoying ennemy. I just thought about that and I can't recall if he was coming back after we destroyed it.

FrankWza

Man SOCOM was done so dirty by the PSN hacks, I'm surprised that SOCOM and Killzone have not had new entries for a while now
Well, Zipper managed to screw up Socom 4 and got closed.

I don't think Sony has a studio to replace them.
I see names playing this from the SOCOM days. A lot. They were all split up among different games and mist of them are on this already. People were starved for a TPS that calls for a tactical approach

Top Bottom