• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

GymWolf

Gold Member
LMAO

Bonus
a2lb3dsgr7jc1.png

Last edited:

cebri.one

Despite our best efforts to increase server capacity to accommodate all of you who want to dive for Freedom, we are experiencing capacity issues. We are once more working without delay to improve the issue and we hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Arrowhead Dev team

Reactions: Isa
This is some straight up Outriders level of competency. Put a effing beta out for crying out loud before release. They can’t even figure out how to keep the game online for a consecutive period of time. How the eff does this pass under anyone’s radar? “Um, so like, too many people so like, it broke Sony, but MILLION SALES and our teams deserved some time off so see you in a week and thanks for the money boyyyyyyyy!!” And always online, so I can’t even play solo, so that’s cool too

This is some straight up Outriders level of competency. Put a effing beta out for crying out loud before release. They can’t even figure out how to keep the game online for a consecutive period of time. How the eff does this pass under anyone’s radar? “Um, so like, too many people so like, it broke Sony, but MILLION SALES and our teams deserved some time off so see you in a week and thanks for the money boyyyyyyyy!!” And always online, so I can’t even play solo, so that’s cool too
I'll give it a week and most of the playerbase will move on and you'll get a steady 10K A day on Steam.

Exactly, there was a window of opportunity here before the march hellfire of releases and these guys mucked it up
For every person complaining they can't connect - there are literally thousands having a blast.

In their wildest dreams, they never anticipated this surge of players and was understandably not prepared to even attempt to catch up.

People are complaining - but there's over 300K on steam alone RIGHT NOW, and there will be MORE tomorrow. Thats over 300K past the login issues who are not disconnected. Just straight blastin.

If this is really all too much for you, refund and don't buy the next one. It'll be easier for me to play.

Kagero

This is the craziest thing. I'm one of these guys that only plays COD for 80% of the year and this game has been able to pull me away from it. I'm getting server is full error on Helldivers and it's making angry that I have to play COD tonight. Never could I have imagined but here we are :/

For every person complaining they can't connect - there are literally thousands having a blast.

In their wildest dreams, they never anticipated this surge of players and was understandably not prepared to even attempt to catch up.

People are complaining - but there's over 300K on steam alone RIGHT NOW, and there will be MORE tomorrow. Thats over 300K past the login issues who are not disconnected. Just straight blastin.

If this is really all too much for you, refund and don't buy the next one. It'll be easier for me to play.
Take it easy white knight, do you have stats for all the failed login attempts or people who have had internment connections since release? Your single data point is meaningless. With all this pro bono PR work you’re your doing, ya might want to look into a job for their marketing department.

DrFigs

PSA: If you already have a person as a friend, you can join their game easily. but matchmaking and the friend codes are broken.

i mean on ps5. so like all the in game stuff is broken. but you can do: gamebase --> join game for example.

Last edited:
No fucking way:

I love the game, don't get me wrong, that comment wasn't made as a snide comment. There's too many issues with the game, and hopefully they'll fix it this month. Matchmaking does not work. Constant Server issues on the weekends. I mean they got their money and they're working on the issues but uh I don't know man. We'll see how it goes. The only reason I was able to put around 60ish hours into the game is because I have a group of friends that bought the game, cause otherwise yeah I would be soloing it. Or Discord group finders. While matchmaking does not work, direct joining a few friends does.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The hottest take, i would gladly take another week of servers working on and off if they can fix how fucking finnicky climbing and vaulting is in this game (and a total re-haul of all the weapons stats because right now the breaker is far beyond everything else and make me way less excited to unlock weapons because they are a constant let down).

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

put nearly 12 hours into the game and when i try launch the game now it just hangs on a black screen at startup. restarted pc etc still nothing, anyone else?

The hottest take, i would gladly take another week of servers working on and off if they can fix how fucking finnicky is climbing and vaulting in this game (and a total re-haul of all the weapons stats because right now the breaker is far beyond everything else and make me way less excited to unlock weapons because they are a constant let down)
Oh yeah I forgot this part, most weapons, even the AP Rifle is just dogshit. The Breaker is the only good weapon. It takes more than one clip of AP Rifle to clear some of the tougher enemies which weird cause it has medium armor pen ?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Couldn’t get in :-(

Booted up plague tale innocence instead as it’s been on my backlog for a year at least. Played the first chapter and am pleasantly surprised. Games a looker but seems fairly basic.

I’ll be back to crush some terminids when they get these servers in order. Damn they must have seriously underestimated the popularity of this. The gameplay loop is so fun so it’s not surprising it’s killing it. Well played arrowhead, I smell an acquisition soon.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Oh yeah I forgot this part, most weapons, even the AP Rifle is just dogshit. The Breaker is the only good weapon. It takes more than one clip of AP Rifle to clear some of the tougher enemies which weird cause it has medium armor pen ?
Yeah, the penetrator or the slugger have medium armour penetration but they just feel way underpowered (just look at the damage per bullet) compared to the breaker that just pumps out 330 damage per bullet with huge rate of fire and basically a sniper rifle range...even the ammo capacity is not THAT bad, i finish my mags sooner with other weapons because they are just less efficent in killing enemies even if they have more mags or bullets per mag.

That thing somehow melt or at least damage even the medium armoured enemies, basically only chargers, bile titans, tanks and hulks are immune from the front, i even killed the robots with shields with less than a mag if you aim well...

Last edited:

The Stig

so i really want to play this game but now its just loading to a black screen. (steam).

any ideas? ive verified game files.

Hot5pur

Should have done a beta.
Diablo 4 did 2 of them and they still had launch issues.
People would have realized helldivers 2 was hype earlier and they'd get a better estimate of load from the pre-orders and activity it was getting.
Feels like a beta should almost be a pre-requisite for an always online game.

Having said I have no desire to play anything else, which hasn't happened in a while.

clarky

Gold Member
Should have done a beta.
Diablo 4 did 2 of them and they still had launch issues.
People would have realized helldivers 2 was hype earlier and they'd get a better estimate of load from the pre-orders and activity it was getting.
Feels like a beta should almost be a pre-requisite for an always online game.

Having said I have no desire to play anything else, which hasn't happened in a while.
Yup no excuses tbh. Any online game that doesn't have a beta, nearly always has issues.

They must have seen the ramp up coming, and to top it all they run a double xp weekend and no PS+ required. Servers were obviously going to melt.

Been trying to play for the last 20 mins to no avail. I'm going to have to speak to the Mrs at this rate.

Slikk360

Yup no excuses tbh. Any online game that doesn't have a beta, nearly always has issues.

They must have seen the ramp up coming, and to top it all they run a double xp weekend and no PS+ required. Servers were obviously going to melt.

Been trying to play for the last 20 mins to no avail. I'm going to have to speak to the Mrs at this rate.
Easier to join a friend through party and get in that way. Atleast it works that way for me.

Top Bottom