• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Mikado

So how many of my steamfriends that I see ostensibly In Game : Helldivers™ 2 are also just sat at the login screen doing the queuedance?

I guess I'll just have to imagine the Democracy :(

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

sachos

I was completly wrong about this game. Had really bad feelings for it while watching the trailers, super surprised by the CCU and reception.

Mikado

So while waiting for something to happen I was mashing keys and found some cool debug/profiling keys.

As a dev myself I love seeing this shit.

noHDwDG.png

DrFigs

I would if i could actually get in the game. Given up for now but thanks for the advice.
if you're on ps5, I was able to join by joining a friend's game. gamebase --> join game. but it could be i got lucky somehow and skipped the "capacity" screen

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
if you're on ps5, I was able to join by joining a friend's game. gamebase --> join game. but it could be i got lucky somehow and skipped the "capacity" screen
PC unfortunately. If the game wasn't so much fun it wouldn't be that annoying. I was looking forward to a few hours on this tonight.

Thanks for the tip though, if I was at home I'd probably double dip lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So… wondering if I should refund on Steam and try the PS5 version. Thoughts?
Like any game hammered with server issues at launch, just wait it out.

Even SP focused games like Diablo get nailed. You'd think Activision would be primed and ready with endless servers. I remember playing D3 at launch on PC and it had issues where you couldnt get in and play all the time. I think it all sorted out in a week or two.

clarky

Gold Member
Like any game hammered with server issues at launch, just wait it out.

Even SP focused games like Diablo get nailed. You'd think Activision would be primed and ready with endless servers. I remember playing D3 at launch on PC and it had issues where you couldnt get in and play all the time. I think it all sorted out in a week or two.
This is the way. No point banging your head against a wall.

If only id known I could have spend the £45 getting high this weekend instead and bought this a few weeks down the line.

Mikado

So I got in briefly, but noticed my friend list in game was looking pretty sparse.

Pretty sure that Steam Friends no longer show up as in-game friends (they did before!) and only in-game-added friends show up in the list.

Not sure if that's a side effect of server craziness or what but something to keep an eye on I guess.

clarky

Gold Member
Because it's a 10/10 fantastic game, and there is absolutely nothing like this on the market right now.
Don't see how the game could be 10/10 with all the issues is going through right now.

Enough with the hyperbole, its a solid title, when its working.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why this is so popular? Looks like any other generic shooter based on videos

Reviews are struggling to explain it. Luke Stephen I think did a decent job.

Only issue I have with these types of games is it gets monotonous to keep doing missions just for battlepass sake. I bounced hard from Deep Rock Galactic, W40k Darktide etc.

clarky

Gold Member
clarky clarky and vaibhavpisal vaibhavpisal why you fools laughin? There really is nothing like it on the market, outside of Helldivers 1.
Because the game hasn't been functioning correctly since launch, and i haven't been able to get a game all night. 10/10 right there.

Its a co-op 3rd person shooter there's loads on the market. This one just happens to have a nice twist. Once the new leather smell wears off and they sort the issues out i'll predict i'd probably score it an 8. It's a very good game when it works.

Not sure if it will get repetitive after a while, or what the high level "end game" plays like nor have i seen a road map, so my score might go up or down accordingly.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Because the game hasn't been functioning correctly since launch, and i haven't been able to get a game all night. 10/10 right there.

Its a co-op 3rd person shooter there's loads on the market. This one just happens to have a nice twist. Once the new leather smell wears off and they sort the issues out i'll predict i'd probably score it an 8. It's a very good game when it works.

Not sure if it will get repetitive after a while, or what the high level "end game" plays like nor have i seen a road map, so the score might go up or down accordingly.
"since launch".

How did I log 39 hours in the last 6 days then?

bhdfEEk.jpg

Servers crash and get overloaded. It's not the first game it's happened to. That doesn't affect the quality of the game itself, which is pretty much 10/10. Hence, the popularity.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If the server cap was 450k and the Steam record is 330k, doesn't that mean this game is doing waaaay better on PC than PS5?
Sounds like it. Or Arrowhead is purposely giving PC gamers better access to servers. Something is fishy about the numbers because I remember reading a few days ago the game supposedly had 1M players at about 50/50 split.

If that's true and Steam can top 300k alone, that means PS5 gamers are only at 150k. So either sales numbers are wrong or the servers are skewing to PC players.

clarky

Gold Member
"since launch".

How did I log 39 hours in the last 6 days then?

bhdfEEk.jpg

Servers crash and get overloaded. It's not the first game it's happened to. That doesn't affect the quality of the game itself, which is pretty much 10/10. Hence, the popularity.
Matchmaking and quick play have not been working correctly since launch like i said. I've also had a lot of bugs and crashes that have lost progress.

What very little i could play tonight, crashed then on the second time i got in looks they have turned off matchmaking completely.

Im glad its working for you and you have seemingly had no issues, but i can assure you, you are in the minority.

All these things affect the quality of the game.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If the server cap was 450k and the Steam record is 330k, doesn't that mean this game is doing waaaay better on PC than PS5?
No. The server was capped at 450K after the issues yesterday. The total CCU was well above 450K at that point when they put the cap.

Based on one of the last updates we got in Arrowhead Discord, PS5 had a roughly 20% higher CCU than Steam's.

Last edited:
Matchmaking and quick play have not been working correctly since launch. I've had a lot of bugs and crashes that have lost progress.

Im glad its working for you and you have seemingly had no issues, but i can assure you, you are in the minority.

All these things affect the quality of the game.
Matchmaking and quick play hasn’t worked for me, I’ve lost progress, and now my friend and I can’t even get steam and ps5 cross play working. It’s getting worse for me. The game worked better for me at launch.

Top Bottom