• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

clarky

Gold Member
Matchmaking and quick play hasn’t worked for me, I’ve lost progress, and now my friend and I can’t even get steam and ps5 cross play working. It’s getting worse for me. The game worked better for me at launch.
Doesn't affect your experience though or quality of the game right?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
No. The server was capped at 450K after the issues yesterday. The total CCU was well above 450K at that point when they put the game.

Based on one of the last updates we got in Arrowhead Discord, PS5 had a roughly 20% higher CCU than Steam's.

I believe you but do we have a pic of that Discord update?

clarky

Gold Member
I believe you but do we have a pic of that Discord update?
Servers are capped at 450K players. So much for playing this weekend. Guess I’ll do weeklies in Destiny.
uoijgcx.png
Posted just further up this very page.

Edit; ah i think you're after the CCU update, which i can't help you with. My bad carry on.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Posted just further up this very page.

Edit; ah i think you're after the CCU update, which i can't help you with. My bad carry on.

I'm looking for the Arrowhead employee saying the PS5 audience was ~20% bigger.

Right now there's 320k PC players on which means there's only 130k PS5 players playing.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm looking for the Arrowhead employee saying the PS5 audience was ~20% bigger.

Right now there's 320k PC players on which means there's only 130k PS5 players playing.
Not necessarily. Steams probably counting fools like me who sat staring at a failed login screen for 3 hours. Because the game is running technically that's in game.

Edit: Probably raising the server cap gradually though is what's happening right now.

Last edited:

yurinka

Reviews are struggling to explain it. Luke Stephen I think did a decent job.

Only issue I have with these types of games is it gets monotonous to keep doing missions just for battlepass sake. I bounced hard from Deep Rock Galactic, W40k Darktide etc.

As the video explains very well, outisde the the battle pass there are many cool and meaningful unlockables in the Stratagems and ship ugrades that can heavily change how you play. Pretty different special weapons, air attacks, turrents, drones, even a jetpack, backpacks to carry ammo, heavy weapons that can be reload by another player, passive skills or upgrades of many types that really matter etc.

The main unlocks are there, in the battle passes once you get a weapon of each type the rest are basically only cosmetics and weapons variations with minor stats changes.

If the server cap was 450k and the Steam record is 330k, doesn't that mean this game is doing waaaay better on PC than PS5?
The CEO said once that PS5 and PC were aprox. 50%-50%, later shared some number and looking at the steam numbers we saw it was around PS5 60% - PC 40%.

Last edited:

Pop

Here's a trick to get in that worked for me

On PS5 use the games quick play with friends activity card(even if no friends), game should put you in your ship. Might need to push the square button on the main menu

On Steam, join a friend that is in game. PC players were getting in with that

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Cloud Servers are typically very cheap. I’m not sure what’s going on. My guess is that there is something else other than simply server capacity.

Regardless what a shitshow. Poor devs haven’t slept in weeks. If this is what success looks like in the gaas world then I bet no dev wants to be part of it.

clarky

Gold Member
It’s leading to me putting the game aside to play something else. Which is annoying cause I expected this to be my go to and hold me over until FF7 rebirth launches.
Yeah like i said earlier, I'm souring on it. The problems seem to be getting worse, not better.

Rather than smash my head against a wall, its going on the back burner. Plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

Yoboman

Hopefully they sort out all these issues by next weekend or sooner

Managed to get in but can't match make?

Obviously they didn't expect the game to blow up but at this point they need to increase server size substantially, get way more than they need even if it's temporary. These piece meal server size upgrades they are doing aren't it

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How do y'all punch in the reinforce code on PS5 controller?

I take my right thumb off the stick, cross it over my left thumb that's still running, and punch the code in that way.

I assume that's what everyone does?

Talking about the ramp up since launch you loon. No need to defend this shit btw.
I was refuting a stupid comment with the reality of the situation. Go back a page or two and you can see my gripes with the servers.

Also, they HAVE been ramping up since launch. That's why they are now able to cap the servers at ~450k capacity as opposed to their launch of ~200k (if I remember correctly from their Discord). Unfortunately, they simply can't keep up with the rising numbers. I wish I could have played earlier but sometimes we, as adults, have to be realistic about the situation. Either wait until the servers aren't being overloaded (just finished a 3 hour session with friends btw) or do something more productive with your Saturday night... or spend all of it crying on a gaming forum, I suppose.
Whats Destiny 2 got to do with the price of fish?
Not surprised you can't figure out the significance of an AA indie game surpassing the highest CCU of one of the biggest AAA GaaS game to date. Surely, indie dev Arrowhead should have foreseen they'd reach those numbers.
Surely.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Ok, 2 of my last three matches crashed while trying to extract. We had done everything too. This is game is a mess right now. My worry is once I bounce off, I might not come back.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This game looks like a ton of fun, but I'm glad I've held off so far. Not being able to login to a server is one thing, but crashing out and losing hard earned rewards would make me rage. Will definitely jump in 2-3 weeks from now, or whenever they get this shit ironed out.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This game looks like a ton of fun, but I'm glad I've held off so far. Not being able to login to a server is one thing, but crashing out and losing hard earned rewards would make me rage. Will definitely jump in 2-3 weeks from now, or whenever they get this shit ironed out.
Yeah. I think I’ll try to come back after I start and finish FF7Afterbirth.

kebaldo

Cloud Servers are typically very cheap. I’m not sure what’s going on. My guess is that there is something else other than simply server capacity.

Regardless what a shitshow. Poor devs haven’t slept in weeks. If this is what success looks like in the gaas world then I bet no dev wants to be part of it.
Probably the worst take one the situation I've read lol I think every Indie/little studio would love to do some extra work to make their game more stable because it comes out and its a fuking hit lol people make games to reach the most amount of people with their art lol

-

I'm loving the fact this game made history... first time in history where the PlayStation players are asking the game to be realised on Xbox so there are more people to bring Democracy on those planets. What a gem.

fallingdove

Probably the worst take one the situation I've read lol I think every Indie/little studio would love to do some extra work to make their game more stable because it comes out and its a fuking hit lol people make games to reach the most amount of people with their art lol

-

I'm loving the fact this game made history... first time in history where the PlayStation players are asking the game to be realised on Xbox so there are more people to bring Democracy on those planets. What a gem.
What PlayStation players are asking for the game to release on Xbox? I’ve only seen the comments from Phil on wanting the game on Xbox consoles.

Fabieter

This one.

At the time of that update, when Helldivers 2 had a total of 360K confirmed CCU across both platforms, Steam's peak CCU was around 165,000. That means the rest (around 195,000) were on PS5, which is roughly 20% higher.

Hmm. I dont know about that. Maybe they mean helldivers online. I waited over 1h yesterday to get in on pc so I was in the Concurrent players on steam without counting into the online Concurrent players.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Finally got in on PC, but there is not cross progression with the PS5. Which is honestly stupid. There's no reason to link up the PS and PC accounts there as it currently does nothing.

I'm refunding the PC version as right now it's useless if you're also playing on PS5 because you have two separate progression paths. If they fix that eventually I'll get the PC version again.

Last edited:

Fabieter

If 450k cap is true, PC users still got most of it.

9N0YC8y.jpg

Why does it even matter. Smells like platform warring. Pc guys ain't any better than console peeps, ain't they?

If the same was done by playstation or xbox peep it would definitely be console warring rho.

Last edited:
Ok, 2 of my last three matches crashed while trying to extract. We had done everything too. This is game is a mess right now. My worry is once I bounce off, I might not come back.
Well that's on you I guess. It's up to you to prioritise playing when things are sorted. I've cut back on playing this weekend knowing it's a shit show but am super keen to get back to it when things are running smoothly.

SenkiDala

Super Earth is in danger and Helldivers are the last line of offense! What else do you need to put your life in the line for liberty and managed democracy?
Ahah thanks.

Still pretty lame that it is a PS STUDIOS game and with a PREMIUM PS PLUS MEMBERSHIP you cannot even try the game 1h... I wanna get it but I'm worried if I don't like it. The refund policy of Sony being "lol fuck you", I hesitate.

Top Bottom