• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

So some planets share the same biome. Understandable, because it would be madness if all those planets were unique.
But still a little bit disappointing.

Still having mad fun with the game when it is working. I’m only playing on difficulty 4 so far, but the chaos is real sometimes.

Seeing 30 or so bugs crawling out of a crater. Jumppacking myself on a rock and creating a warm blanket for them with the flamethrower while my Helldiver is laughing maniacally. It just doesn’t get old.

I have a feeling they expected like a maximum of 100k between the two platforms, and probably had a upper limit of 200k initially. But the thing just got popular like wildfire, which is great.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm guessing this is right now? I won't be available until later tonight :(

Would love to try harder difficulties though, I started doing level 5 regularly for the first time once matchmaking was working and it really is more fun at higher difficulty. Trying to extract while a Bile Titan is walking towards you...

OIP.aGLP2mpV0KX8n-okulPDogAAAA

Good luck getting your samples. If I see you online when I'm on I will try to join.
Not right now, but just in general.

And, yeah, ping me when you're in. We'll spread managed democracy together!

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I don't know lads, I like what I played but...I was only able to play it ONCE since I got it the other day, I get that they didn't expect as many people to jump in but, it's not my/the customer's problem in the end, I paid my entry fee, I want to be able to enjoy the product I paid for - especially since it's been 10+ days since the game released.

I would definitely ask for a refund right now if it wasn't for the fact that Sony is one of the worst companies out there when it comes to refunds.

This is fuhggin' ridiculous

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't know lads, I like what I played but...I was only able to play it ONCE since I got it the other day, I get that they didn't expect as many people to jump in but, it's not my/the customer's problem in the end, I paid my entry fee, I want to be able to enjoy the product I paid for - especially since it's been 10+ days since the game released.

I would definitely ask for a refund right now if it wasn't for the fact that Sony is one of the worst companies out there when it comes to refunds.

I'm really surprised by this. I just finished playing and now have nearly 55 hours logged (PS5). And I started at day 3, I think.

I hope you have better luck finding games from now on.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'm really surprised by this. I just finished playing and now have nearly 55 hours logged (PS5). And I started at day 3, I think.

I hope you have better luck finding games from now on.

I don't Heis, I've been staring at the login-in screen for 15 minutes now - "servers at capacity.Please try again later"...F' this shit, my gaming time is limited as a middle aged guy and I can't even enjoy the product that I've paid for, gotta love online gaming brother...

IMO, this is a fiasco, there should be some kind of compensation towards customers - the fact to even suggest that these things just "happen" and "poor devs didn't see that coming and they're working overtime ! " show exactly the state of this industry (unfortunately) and how little they care about people after - of course - they've already spent money on a product.

Anyway, Care to share your gamertag/player ID via PM ? 😉
Cheers brother

Last edited:

j0hnnix

There is one, and it's pretty great.

It also has a quick message system in a weapon wheel format. So you relay quick messages, such as Thanks, Sorry, Yes, No, Need Supplies, Hold Positions, etc. without speaking or typing. Just hold R1 and select one of these messages in the message wheel.
Kind of only reason, which I still can switch to headphones but playing in hometheater and don't want to be bound to a mic. Just want to enjoy all the sounds.

Still can’t unlock any difficulties past easy or whatever. Refunding my Steam copy. I’ll keep the PS5 one since Sony sucks with refunds anyway. I guess they’ll fix it eventually.

Codes 208

My tiktok feed is full of memes of xbox, pc and ps fans coming together to get xbox fans involved to help against the machines

Its cringe, its hilarious, and i kinda love it

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't Heis, I've been staring at the login-in screen for 15 minutes now - "servers at capacity.Please try again later"...F' this shit, my gaming time is limited as a middle aged guy and I can't even enjoy the product that I've paid for, gotta love online gaming brother...

IMO, this is a fiasco, there should be some kind of compensation towards customers - the fact to even suggest that these things just "happen" and "poor devs didn't see that coming and they're working overtime ! " show exactly the state of this industry (unfortunately) and how little they care about people after - of course - they've already spent money on a product.

Anyway, Care to share your gamertag/player ID via PM ? 😉
Cheers brother
My PSN ID is TheHeisenberg007. Feel free to add me with your GAF name in the message :)

tommib

Gold Member

You can still try their refund service. This seems like a valid reason for them to allow the refund without much hassle.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Ok so what are people doing to log in on PS5? Its retrying for 10 minutes now…
Haven't played in a few days, but last time I tried it took me like 5 attempts of closing the game before getting in. That was when the "Retrying" would freeze and do nothing.

RESTMODE!

There's no timeout! You never disconnect.

I JUST tested it at 15:00 EST. Servers are slammed and I jumped right in.
Its connected, I can see who's online in game etc. Likely will be patched later.

tommib

Gold Member
RESTMODE!

Its connected, I can see who's online in game etc. Likely will be patched later.
Ok, but I need to log in first. :p Waiting. Trying to jump in via the activity card. Pray for me, soldier.

Slikk360

RESTMODE!

I haven't done reset mode and I have been able to jump right in no problems.

Mobilemofo

RESTMODE!

Can confirm it works. Was just going to post this. 😅 Anyway, back to dispensing democracy..gangnam style.

RESTMODE!

Can confirm it works. Was just going to post this. 😅 Anyway, back to dispensing democracy..gangnam style.
There's no timeout. Likely the same on PC?

I wonder how many people are AFK and taking up server spots

Gamerasi

Despite all its problems, the game is more fun and permanent than many problem-free games. There is no problem for those who have free time outside working hours.

clarky

Gold Member
Despite all its problems, the game is more fun and permanent than many problem-free games. There is no problem for those who have free time outside working hours.
When's your free time? 4-6am on a Wednesday morning?

Game is pulling 400k on a Monday night in the UK. Not much chance of a game tonight. Fixes coming tomorrow i believe though so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Just unlocked the impact grenade, i thought it will be bad, but its actually amazing!
I prefer the one with a delay, if you are not super precise with the impact one it's gonna explode on the edge of a nest instead of going inside and doing max damage, even worse with the robots creators vents.

Also, it's easier to kill yourself or your friends with impacts.

Oh boy, another wasted evening of servers at capacity, noice 🕺
Yeah been waiting also, feelsbadman.
Apparently when PS5 users put the console in restmode they don't get kicked and take up a slot.

Arrowhead has to implement an afk kick feature, make it 15 minutes, but at least implement it so afk people don't hog all the slots.

Wanted to do the daily. :(

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

Man, going through that thread, and judging by the opinions of some IT guys it's not just a "server capacity problem" (ie adding even more wouldn't fix the issues) and that it could take weeks or even months to have the issue resolved...

I think I'm going for a refund, heck, I was about to renew PS plus tomorrow just for this game but if it's gonna take more than a few days...yeah, not worth the money nor the time, maybe I'll jump in when things are finally fixed

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

Man, going through that thread, and judging by the opinions of some IT guys it's not just a "server capacity problem" (ie adding even more wouldn't fix the issues) and that it could take weeks or even months to have the issue resolved...

I think I'm going for a refund, heck, I was about to renew PS plus tomorrow just for this game but if it's gonna take more than a few days...yeah, not worth the money nor the time, maybe I'll jump in when things are finally fixed

Yeah, refunded my copy yesterday. Makes no sense to play this in the current state.

Last edited:

Luipadre

I hope they will buff the other guns in the game. Using only breaker is gonna get boring on the long run. Just so much better than any other gun

R6Rider

Gold Member
I hope they will buff the other guns in the game. Using only breaker is gonna get boring on the long run. Just so much better than any other gun
Breaker is great, but I'm constantly switching weapons as it is. Gets boring using the same weapons too frequently.

I wish they had some sort of progression to work towards for each one. Like every x kills gives you a silver star and then after x silver stars you get a plat star or something. Doesn't even have to be tied to any reward, just something to earn.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Breaker is great, but I'm constantly switching weapons as it is.

I wish they had some sort of progression to work towards for each one. Like every x kills gives you a silver star and then after x silver stars you get a plat star or something. Doesn't even have to be tied to any reward, just something to earn.

Im pretty sure they will expand it with weapon moddings too. The amount of things they can do with this game is just insane. Its all about being able to maintain it with enough money and dev

Mobilemofo

I should have shut my stupid face..😅 nuked and rebuked during a game. And out I went...FFS. 10 minutes of democracy dispensation is not what I signed up for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom