• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

[Sigma]

The only thing stopping me from having over 60hrs+ is server compacity . Surely Arrowhead SOS Beacon SIE for emergency help on that end by now lol.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Is there a big list of gaffers that are playing or do I have to go through the OT page by page?
Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Is anyone else having the glitch where you can’t unlock a new difficulty? I even get the voice over guy complimenting me for completing the operation on a planet but I can’t go any higher than easy. Making the game kind of boring.

Dynasty8

Well I normally dont play multiplayer games but I just bought it. It was all the pressure. HD2 threads and conversation everywhere, even on reddit gaming. Looks cool though.

Wasn't going to get it because FF7 but what the hell.

I bought it on launch day (Feb 8th) to hold me over until FF7 since we still had like 3 weeks left. Been enjoying it a lot so far. But we'll see where it goes from here on out, hopefully they can continue to deliver new quality content.

Havent been able to get in for like 30 min now lol, just making some food while I wait. I'll give it another 30 min while I eat. Absolutely crazy how much this game blew up.

skit_data

Over 400k on steam, absurd numbers. Hype for Helldivers 2 is massive and growing ;P

I bought the Super Citizen Pass. Hell I haven't bought shit in a multiplayer game since... ever?
The only issue right now are those damn server capacity issues, me and my buddy got in and did a few missions but the third guy couldn't join us due to server being at full capacity.

Btw, have you guys noticed the fake reviews in the in game store? Some of them are fucking hilarious, nearly missed the joke because I thought they were actual reviews

Last edited:

tmlDan

Over 400k on steam, absurd numbers. Hype for Helldivers 2 is massive and growing ;P

I bought the Super Citizen Pass. Hell I haven't bought shit in a multiplayer game since... ever?
The only issue right now are those damn server capacity issues, me and my buddy got in and did a few missions but the third guy couldn't join us due to server being at full capacity.

Btw, have you guys noticed the fake reviews in the in game store? Some of them are fucking hilarious, nearly missed the joke because I thought they were actual reviews
Yea, there was a 1/5 star rating and it said "redacted, user being investigated for treason" lol

DelireMan7

Bought the Spear (seeking target rocket launcher) so you don't have to.

Pretty sure the lock-on system is broken. Refuse to lock one most of the time or lock on for half second...

I like the idea of the weapon, hope it's fix once the server issues are resolved.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Bought the Spear (seeking target rocket launcher) so you don't have to.

Pretty sure the lock-on system is broken. Refuse to lock one most of the time or lock on for half second...

I like the idea of the weapon, hope it's fix once the server issues are resolved.

As someone who owns everything and is capped at 50,000 credits now, I can safely say that this is indeed a Piece of shit.

It has its moments, like get the angle right and the rocket will fly right into a bile titan mid roar oneshotting it. But the low ammo (1 in gun + 3 reloads) and the fact you only get 1 rocket back per resupply (and no rockets off regular ammo crates) makes it redundant compared to the recoiless rifle, which features similar damage, ability to shoot objectives at distance and targets without lockon and a much better ammo economy, as ammo packs will refill your rockets and you only need 2 resupply to rearm, not all 4.

The lower total ammo carry for encounters + the fact lockon is a side grade not an upgrade is a negative enough. It should be 2 rockets on resupply and 1 per regular ammo box. I would potentially use it on higher difficulties if it worked like that.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Minor tip for those that missed this - there's a "drop" button that triggers a drop wheel UI and allows you to pick what you have on you to drop (IIRC, hold down on the PS5 d-pad). You could in theory pick up rare materials and drop it at the extraction point ahead of time and just pick it up when you're ready to exfil.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The only thing stopping me from having over 60hrs+ is server compacity . Surely Arrowhead SOS Beacon SIE for emergency help on that end by now lol.
They have been working on this continuously. But the problem is that they increase the capacity > even more people join > servers get full > they increase capacity > even more people join > servers get full ... so on and so forth. Lol.

Alebrije

I am level 18 , been playing just matchmakes since launch.Is there any kind of story progression because been playing just random planet battles on others players games...

Do I need to play on My "world" or is fine just keep.doing random battles ?

So the weird thing is that the game often starts up fine, but I can't join other games. I don't get an error either, they just don't show up on the map and quickplay is just endlessly searching.
Also the Helldivers Active says 0. So it's not connected for sure.

DelireMan7

So the weird thing is that the game often starts up fine, but I can't join other games. I don't get an error either, they just don't show up on the map and quickplay is just endlessly searching.
Concerning the numbers of Helldivers, they said they disabled all the tracking (kills, active player, ammo shot, etc...) to help a bit for server capacity and stability.

Kings Field

Forced to play solo last night. Just doing it casually on challenging difficulty. Some tense moments on extraction where I had half health, no atoms, and I was mashing the O button to dive into the ship.

My friend couldn’t get in at all even after an hour of waiting. We just unlocked suicide mode too the night before.

Reactions: Isa

jbortz78

Same here on PS5 since last night, can’t quick play or find any active missions…

DelireMan7

I am level 18 , been playing just matchmakes since launch.Is there any kind of story progression because been playing just random planet battles on others players games...

Do I need to play on My "world" or is fine just keep.doing random battles ?
No real storyline. Except the Helldivers bringing freedom and democracy to different planets.

We all fight in the same war, to liberate planets. If you succeed an operation (a group of several missions), you help liberating a planet. You can choose which planets you want to land on at the Galaxy war table on your ship. Planets have their unique weather conditions and landscape affecting the gameplay.
Playing on your ship or on others' ship doesn't have an impact.
As long as you're doing missions, you work on spreading freedom and democracy. And this can only be achieved by eradicating other civilizations exterminating the vile automatons and terminids.

Last edited:
Even with the issues, had a great weekend playing this. Ended up doing a fair amount of soloing since lots of the time I couldn't connect to anyone else, and even that is quite a bit of fun, and lets you play much differently.

Thanks to Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 and one other who I think was a Gaf guy for the Saturday night games. Was nice to group up when it was all solo at that time otherwise.

Then yesterday afternoon I stopped having issues, quickplay was working great, all rewards were popping on time. It was bliss. When everything works right the game is a slam dunk. Felt more fresh and fun this weekend than it had since launch. Seeing it blow up in popularity has been awesome and well deserved.

Really sucks being back at work now... I'm one level away from the railgun which I really want to use. Though it will be tough to get me fully away from my true love, the Autocannon

Hey gang - I want to play difficulty 6, 7, 8, and 9 missions (and pick Super Rare pink samples). And I can't do those solo. Need a squad.

Anyone up for it?
I'm guessing this is right now? I won't be available until later tonight :(

Would love to try harder difficulties though, I started doing level 5 regularly for the first time once matchmaking was working and it really is more fun at higher difficulty. Trying to extract while a Bile Titan is walking towards you...

OIP.aGLP2mpV0KX8n-okulPDogAAAA

Good luck getting your samples. If I see you online when I'm on I will try to join.

j0hnnix

I might be skipping skull and bones and getting this on ps5. How dependant is the game on coms with other players?
Is it simple to say jump in and run and gun finish mission and move on to next, I'm over simplifying it since I've read there is more depth but the jist of it is that.

Killjoy-NL

Just posted on Discord:

"Hello, @everyone! Our production director has a brief update about the upcoming week for HD2:

Hello there Helldivers!

We have improvements rolling out this week focused on the most serious problems in the game: login, matchmaking, and server load. **You will see one update for PC and PS5 tomorrow, though please keep in mind that no single update will solve all the issues**. Rather, we will be making continuous improvements over the days and weeks to come.

We're all working hard to make sure that the game is a stable place to spread Managed Democracy to every planet in the galaxy.

Thank you as always,
Alex B. 🇫"

Last edited:

stickkidsam

I might be skipping skull and bones and getting this on ps5. How dependant is the game on coms with other players?
Is it simple to say jump in and run and gun finish mission and move on to next, I'm over simplifying it since I've read there is more depth but the jist of it is that.
Comms are good fun but most randoms I’ve played with have been silent but deadly. Using the ping system keeps everyone on the same page just fine.

Need to talk about this physics system in this game. It is genius and implemented so well.

It was SO smart to make it so that your character can get absolutely blasted by a shockwave and sent flying, but while only taking minimal damage. If every time you were rag dolled by some concussive blast you also died it would suck. But instead it ends up being hilarious and awesome. And it happens when you don't expect. Just standing behind a guy using an anti tank launcher, and suddenly you are getting blasted off a mountain due to the recoil, so good.

Or, my favorite. Enemy getting a bit too close, and I only have my autocannon. BOOM! Bug explodes, my guy is sent flying backwards. Only to land on his back at a safe distance and continuing the autocannon onslaught. Simply wonderful.

God I really need to get home... Game is consuming me.

Top Bottom