• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Mikey Jr.

I'll be honest, and not blaming anyone, but they are slowly losing me. I got so frustrated yesterday. Half hour login in queue and then when I finally got in, 0 players online and QuickPlay was fucked.

I installed gow Valhalla and started that up. I'll give helldivers 1 or 2 more days, but then I'm out. I only have like an hour or 2 a day to play. Feels like I'm wasting my time.
And rebirth is my next priority.

Congrats to arrowhead on their huge success and the game is fun as fuck. But I'm not gonna waste my time much longer.

I'll be honest, and not blaming anyone, but they are slowly losing me. I got so frustrated yesterday. Half hour login in queue and then when I finally got in, 0 players online and QuickPlay was fucked.

I installed gow Valhalla and started that up. I'll give helldivers 1 or 2 more days, but then I'm out. I only have like an hour or 2 a day to play. Feels like I'm wasting my time.

Congrats to arrowhead on their huge success and the game is fun as fuck. But I'm not gonna waste my time much longer.
Why don't you just come back in a month? The game will get constant updates to make it better in the upcoming years. The idea of quitting on a GAAS game you like because of server issues at launch is very funny to me

cebri.one

The discord server has 350K users
Mind Blown GIF

Mikey Jr.

Why don't you just come back in a month? The game will get constant updates to make it better in the upcoming years. The idea of quitting on a GAAS game you like because of server issues at launch is very funny to me
I bought 1 month of ps plus for this game.

Feels like a waste of money. I'll come back 1 day on like a free weekend or something.

Luipadre

come back a week or 2 later 🤷‍♂️

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I had a few great matches, until the game decided for me that multiplayer was no longer an option.

Man, when this game is cooking, it’s a fucking blast. It just sucks that the issue is on the server side. Which seems like the easiest solution to fix, no? It’s not like there’s anything wrong with the game mechanics.

I do wish they rolled out the orange samples on normal difficulty though. Or gave us an option to use super credits to buy the samples.

Yea my friends on PS5 got play for a bit. I tried to purchase on PC and couldn't even get the game to load. Thought it was a PC issue but it was the servers. Tried again this morning and it loaded in no problem. I'm going to refund it and just come back later on when they get it fixed.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Been avoiding most problems as I've only played with a group, never tried matchmaking yet.

Had some randoms join occasionally though.

They're going to kill this game. I'm starting to lose interest to be honest.

I'd rather the quick play function be overtly broken. Give me an error or some kind of feedback so I know it's broken at the moment and i'll come back later in the hopes it's fixed through an update.

Just leaving me sitting there for 15 minutes while it endlessly searches is just wrong. The casual player is going to think there's no one playing.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Guard Dogs will kill everyone on the extreme difficulties. The chaos on those missions make them kind of unusable.
I’m just starting “challenging”, it’s hard to get a good group, let alone a team of 4. It’s been days since I’ve been able to get into a room of 4 players and they stay. Something always happens and we lose 1-2.

tmlDan

If you like the game why would you leave? I assume you mean refund it?

You could just, ya know, wait patiently. They'll fix it eventually, games not going anywhere.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I played last night, and had issues with Matchmaking to start with. Reset the PS5 and matchmaking worked.

If you like the game why would you leave? I assume you mean refund it?

You could just, ya know, wait patiently. They'll fix it eventually, games not going anywhere.

I think they'll fix it eventually but I'm going to refund it for now. Can't wait. New update today I'll try it and see if it works. Last chance I'll give it. I just have PTSD from when I got Battlfield 4 and it had pauses\lag spikes for like 6 months straight on PS4. By the time they fixed it I was bored with the game. I'll never do that again. I have no problem just coming back later and trying it.

tmlDan

I think they'll fix it eventually but I'm going to refund it for now. Can't wait. New update today I'll try it and see if it works. Last chance I'll give it. I just have PTSD from when I got Battlfield 4 and it had pauses\lag spikes for like 6 months straight on PS4. By the time they fixed it I was bored with the game. I'll never do that again. I have no problem just coming back later and trying it.
Totally understand that lol

MiguelItUp

The hype revolving around this is so strange to me when so many people are still having connection issues or have purchased it and haven't even really been able to play. Glad that some are though.

I'm just going to wait until everything is ironed out before biting.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The hype revolving around this is so strange to me when so many people are still having connection issues or have purchased it and haven't even really been able to play. Glad that some are though.

I'm just going to wait until everything is ironed out before biting.

It’s not that hard to eventually get into a game and stay there for a while

cebri.one

PATCH 1.000.10 (PC & PS5)
⚙️

🔧
Fixes

• Fixed crash when replicating ragdoll momentum.
  • Fixed crash when replicating destructions.
  • Fixed crash when displaying the mission end rewards.
  • Resolved a 100% block issue for quickplay matchmaking on PC
  • Tuned extract civilian mission difficulty.
  • Improved the way that we handle platform authentication to avoid things like the black screen issue at startup.
  • Improvements to our client > backend communication for better backend performance.
  • Implemented an automatic retry mechanism to quickplay.
  • Added proper login error message for error "10002038.”
🧠
Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
  • Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
  • Players can become disconnected during play.
  • Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
  • Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
  • Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
  • Other unknown behaviors may occur.
  • Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
  • Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

cebri.one

Exact issue I was having last night hopefully I can play tonight.
It seems the biggest bottleneck is at the authentication service. They cannot handle 150K people trying to enter all at once.

edit: I joined 10 min ago, saw the patch announcement and I quit the game to get the patch only to realize I launched it the first when it had been already installed. Long queue ahead I think.

Last edited:

cebri.one

It seems the biggest bottleneck is at the authentication service. They cannot handle 150K people trying to enter all at once.

edit: I joined 10 min ago, saw the patch announcement and I quit the game to get the patch only to realize I launched it the first when it had been already installed. Long queue ahead I think.
I'm iiinnn

clarky

Gold Member
Post patch, the game just seems to hang at the external view of your ship after login. Not a great start.

Edit: in on the 4th try.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Seeing all the issues, the mixed reviews on steam and the server cap issues still lingering + matchmaking still seemingly partially broken... it's amazing the game is doing the numbers it is given all the issues. Gameplay I keep seeing, still haven't figured out what separates this from any other extraction shooter besides friendly fire being turned on.

Alebrije

Seeing all the issues, the mixed reviews on steam and the server cap issues still lingering + matchmaking still seemingly partially broken... it's amazing the game is doing the numbers it is given all the issues. Gameplay I keep seeing, still haven't figured out what separates this from any other extraction shooter besides friendly fire being turned on.
DEMOCRACY has not competitors!!!

Being honest , the Game is simple, fun and has tons of stupid moments....do not know if it Will have legs but at this moment is very cool to play with randoms..

By example it's very funny to see at the distance a team.member being chased by a horde of Bugs. specially the ones That.play Rambo and don't follow the team.

Last edited:
Top Bottom