• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

ManaByte

Gold Member
Guys would yall listen

Use the games activity card, the one called quick play with friends on PS5. It will put you into the game. And if you're on Steam join someone that is in game. These methods will bypass the lockout
Doesn’t work on PS5. Locks you on a black screen.

Mikado

Went to go check on their discord to see if there were any updates...

Looks like even their discord is impossible to access :nougat_rofl:

KKZ6gIL.png

NinjaBoiX

Does anyone have any advice on control settings on PS5? It feels horrible out of the box, there’s this odd sticky/snagging feeling to the aiming when moving past the diagonal.

I tried making acceleration zero which seemed to help with the sticky diagonal issue but made the controls feel terrible in other ways.

Anyone else struggling to find a comfortable setting? I’m close to just asking for a refund, I just can’t get play a balls out shooter with wonky aiming.

jbortz78

Does anyone have any advice on control settings on PS5? It feels horrible out of the box, there’s this odd sticky/snagging feeling to the aiming when moving past the diagonal.

I tried making acceleration zero which seemed to help with the sticky diagonal issue but made the controls feel terrible in other ways.

Anyone else struggling to find a comfortable setting? I’m close to just asking for a refund, I just can’t get play a balls out shooter with wonky aiming.
Had the same issue and for me this works:

Look sensitive: 4,0 or 4,5
Dead zone: 0,5
Acceleration speed: 0

R6Rider

Gold Member

Controls fine for me after changing a few things.

Turned the acceleration to 0 so it's a Linear curve. Turned up my sensitivity to 5.5 and then my aiming sensitivity to .6. If there were any aim assist settings, I have them turned off too.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I haven’t had any team killers. But I have had good rando experience.

tough to get in though and play.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They've added 100K+ concurrent users since Friday; there's no way this game should still be sold given their current issues. Like, obviously they aren't going to pull the game ("Hey, you MIGHT be able to log-in. . .at least that counts as the game being playable!"), but it makes no sense to continue exacerbating the negativity that's starting to build up. Game was nearly at "Very Positive" for STEAM, and has taken a massive dive in rating since then.

. . .AH devs need to start throwing SONY executives under the bus to explain why they've been caught with their pants down so terribly.

They've added 100K+ concurrent users since Friday; there's no way this game should still be sold given their current issues. Like, obviously they aren't going to pull the game ("Hey, you MIGHT be able to log-in. . .at least that counts as the game being playable!"), but it makes no sense to continue exacerbating the negativity that's starting to build up. Game was nearly at "Very Positive" for STEAM, and has taken a massive dive in rating since then.
Honestly, it probably would be a good idea to stop sales of the game until the situation stabilizes. That's what happened with FFXIV's most recent expansion, actually. Servers were overloaded, leading to insane queues so they stopped selling the game for a few weeks.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Given that there is precedent (I legit had never heard of a developer pulling a game due to its popularity and being unprepared for it), the absolute right move is to suspend the games sales until they can understand the issues and get their infrastructure right to handle scale. The review graph for STEAM is fucking brutal right now, and for sure this drops to Mixed before the end of the holiday at this point.

TheMan

Much easier to connect this morning...and then I had a disconnect right when we're about to take our last stand before extraction after a long ass session. A game that's hard to love right now.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Thanks, I’ll give these a try!
Ninja, I find it weird that...you find the controls weird, I mean, have you played Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles ? now, THAT'S a game with horrible , wonky controls that you can't aim for shit without spending hours fiddling in the settings as to be be able to aim (kinda) properly 😁

Got Helldivers 2 today and the controls are A-OK out of the (proverbial) box, adjusting the sticky aim, deadzone and acceleration settings obviously help brother but again, horrible to the point of thinking for a refund they're not - I only lowered the acceleration and speed settings and now it feels almost as good as the CODs and Halos of the console world 😉
Give that a try !

PS : I still can't understand how you can add Steam players to your friends list on a PS5, it gives me the option to generate a code and then what ? I'm supposed to share it to a Steam friend so he can add.me that way ?

Last edited:

Sanepar

Why is so hard for Sony and Arrowhead put servers up? Palworld had 2.1 million peak players oy on Steam. Why for Sony is so hard?

Why is so hard for Sony and Arrowhead put servers up? Palworld had 2.1 million peak players oy on Steam. Why for Sony is so hard?
Palworld is developed in unreal engine 5. All of its kinks are known about within the industry. Arrowhead is using a very seldom used game engine, which has never stretched server capacity like this. It's also nearly impossible to bring in outside help because so few people have knowledge of the engine

This game solo is super rewarding as well

Is it? Seems people rarely join my games but maybe I need to throw out the SOS beacon?

But solo the grind is pretty rough. Plus there are always these rooms that require two people to open unless I am missing something?

Maybe rewards are better at higher difficulty. My game is glitched and won’t let me go past whatever the second difficulty is.

stickkidsam

Hopped into a game a couple hours ago and jumped into quick play no problem. I did wait at the login screen for a few minutes but the game seems to work fine on PS5 for me most of the time.

My brothers are on PC though and they seem to have more trouble. Crazy how varied the experiences are with this game lol

Imtjnotu

Anyone else on ps5 run into an issue with your frame rate?

Noticed a few times now when the 500kg bomb goes off my frame rate get stuck down into the single digits.

I'm talking running and being stuck at 2-3fps

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Anyone else on ps5 run into an issue with your frame rate?

Noticed a few times now when the 500kg bomb goes off my frame rate get stuck down into the single digits.

I'm talking running and being stuck at 2-3fps

I had this issue from launch day up to yesterday. Yesterdays patch seemed to fix it for me.

Your character starts ice skating too right?

Why isn't there a reward for beating Helldive difficulty? :p
Difference between difficulty 8 and 9 is, just more of everything lol, we had 5-6 bile titans, plenty of chargers at once etc.
Love this game, hate the crashes, bugs, disconnects, server problems.

MikeM

Gold Member
Hopped into a game a couple hours ago and jumped into quick play no problem. I did wait at the login screen for a few minutes but the game seems to work fine on PS5 for me most of the time.

My brothers are on PC though and they seem to have more trouble. Crazy how varied the experiences are with this game lol
Yeah i’m on PC and just made the refund request on Steam. I’ll give it a few months then get back into it. Might go PS5 though so the homies can see when im on.

Portugeezer

Just booted up the game and greeted with server error message... IDK, maybe these live service games really should have an offline firing range mode or something.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Reading all these issues with people trying to get into the game is wild, in 40 hours of play I've not had to wait to login *even once* but I'm based in Japan so maybe I'm just lucky with the times I'm on? Guess I'll count my blessings 🙏🏻

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Every time I try and play the servers are full! What in the hell.

The developers can only handle 450K players at a time. Game is the number one seller on STEAM and Playstation. There are 400K players currently on STEAM alone.

. . .hijinks ensue.

Portugeezer

Then make a offline mode. Get more servers.

This is completely unacceptable by any standards.
Yeah, it's kind of tiring how we hear the same things every time an online game has server issues, and paying customers have all the right to be upset. If it's not server capacity, it's some other network code issue, please understand, twitter update x, y, z.

People don't care about WHY the game doesn't work, people just want it to work.

But I'm admittedly ignorant, I would have thought things would be ironed out before launch and at worst a game should only have server issues which could be fixed by increasing server capacity. But no...

Mikado

Reading all these issues with people trying to get into the game is wild, in 40 hours of play I've not had to wait to login *even once* but I'm based in Japan so maybe I'm just lucky with the times I'm on? Guess I'll count my blessings 🙏🏻

It's very time-dependent for sure. I'm on the West Coast and it gets so much easier to login as the evening progresses and Europe and the East Coast drop off.

Top Bottom