• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Mikado

Even on Medium the bug spawns seem way higher... it's pretty common to have three of those tanker bugs at a time now and multiple bug breaches going on at the same time.

I wonder if they tuned it because the current helldriver community is just too good now, or if it's because we're starting a new planet with low Liberation, or if it's just always been like that?

cebri.one

The fire planets on the bug side are FUCKING incredible. Check Klean (streaming on Twitch) out.

VxJhbPa.jpg

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Tested a bit further the Spear. This time against terminids.

Lock on was working better against Titan and Charger.

I really like the feeling of the spear. Very powerful when it works...
But sometimes lock on just refuse to work.

And getting only one rocket by supply pack is a big drawback.

There is much better option but I'll still rock it. Really like the feeling of it.

Quillerz

Neo Member
Bought on Sunday and apart from the tutorial I haven’t been able to play it yet. I get that it’s way more popular than they expected, but it’s very frustrating when I have limited gaming time.

AFK kicks and an actual queue would go a long way to relieving that, but who knows if that can be implemented in short order.

If they’re still struggling to deal with the amount of players they can handle, surely the game should be temporary delisted too.

EekTheKat

Bumped into the bouncing charger bug twice now. Once when I was hosting and once when someone else was hosting.

Symptoms include a massive drop in framerate for the host, possibly due to wonky physics calculations. You'll see a charger jumping really high in the air bouncing along the ground from this bug.

Sadly, for a while I've had the black screen issue. It used to get fixed after I restarted the game, but for the past 2 days, it just hangs there. (I've tried verifying files, reinstalled the whole thing, and deleted the user config file and it made no difference) I'm leaning toward it being the DRM nProtect, not that that changes anything. A few rare times, though, the black screen issue carried over to the next game I tried to boot after Helldivers failed to, and had to actually reboot Steam. I couldn't even log in for the past 5 days due to the full server error, but at least the intro would play with the wee connecting symbol in the top right spinning, giving some false hope at least. Now it's just a pure black screen, then after a few minutes I give up.

I never expected this to blow up the way it did. Seems like you can do all the marketing in the world, but nothing beats word of mouth and its exponential effect.
Sure, word of mouth does its work, but they also spent a good amount of marketing budget on paying some popular streamers to play this at launch.

Which gave it a running start, because some of them kept playing it beyond the sponsored time.

Mossybrew

Frustrating. Have two gaming buds that also got the game but aside from last Thursday when we all played its been the same story all weekend, one of us randomly gets in but the other two cant so we just end up playing CoD zombies or Fortnite. Really hope they get their servers sorted by next weekend because this is the game we want to be playing!

clarky

Gold Member
I got 3 hours then got kicked. Now I can't log back in. Well, it was a fun 3 hours at least.
Same, its like the game is intentionally taking the piss. Just when i'm about to give up it reminds me how good it is then a crash and I can't get back on. Frustrating lol.

I picked up a couple copies today for myself and for my nephew, we played for like five or six hours straight, great fun, but not without issues. I haven’t been playing games much lately because everything just seems to bore me, I play for 20 minutes and I’m done so it was nice to have a long ass session, if I didn’t have to go to sleep I’d still be playing.

MastAndo

Just a heads up, leaving it on the black screen for a while will eventually get you to the title screen. I know there are some suggestions to delete the config file as a fix, but it looks like the black screen is a server-side thing and it's a queue before the actual queue.

Was able to join one of my kids who has difficulty up to 6 or 7 unlocked. Game is so much better at higher difficulties. Makes me angrier about being glitched and stuck at difficulty two.

The new enemies you see from the Automatons are literally nightmare fuel.

I'm seeing open lobbies on the galactic map for the first time in days and the first one I joined worked and have now completed 2 missions with the same group.

DoomGyver

I haven’t set my alarm to get up an hour earlier than normal so I can get a round or two of game time in before I start my day in over a decade. Helldivers rocks. I never heard of the first one, I probably would have played a lot of HD1 if I had known about it.

DelireMan7

I haven’t set my alarm to get up an hour earlier than normal so I can get a round or two of game time in before I start my day in over a decade. Helldivers rocks. I never heard of the first one, I probably would have played a lot of HD1 if I had known about it.

I am glad to hear that. The first one was really fun but it was a different game : top down twin stick shooter where all the players were lock into the same screen. But the tone was similar between both game.
We had such a good time on the first one that I was a bit concerned by the change of perspective on the sequel. But it has blown away all my concerns.

They found the perfect formula for Helldivers and I am so happy for ArrowHead for the big success. Hope they can fix all the problems quickly and bring the new content to show everyone how talented they are.

shubik

I want to jump in but after reading all the problems people have.... Do you all play on PC or PS5? Are the connection issues present on both systems?

panda-zebra

I want to jump in but after reading all the problems people have.... Do you all play on PC or PS5? Are the connection issues present on both systems?
It's the same for everyone but had been easier to get in on PS5 until this past weekend where it's been very difficult regardless of platform. The game's exploding popularity has people like yourself wanting in more and more but the game was not designed to be scalable to this extent and is proving difficult to keep accommodating and ever-growing influx of players. See how they get on fixing these issues and check back a week from now.

Top Bottom