• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Portugeezer

Seeing all the issues, the mixed reviews on steam and the server cap issues still lingering + matchmaking still seemingly partially broken... it's amazing the game is doing the numbers it is given all the issues. Gameplay I keep seeing, still haven't figured out what separates this from any other extraction shooter besides friendly fire being turned on.
Don't discount the tongue-in-cheek vibes.

Seeing all the issues, the mixed reviews on steam and the server cap issues still lingering + matchmaking still seemingly partially broken... it's amazing the game is doing the numbers it is given all the issues. Gameplay I keep seeing, still haven't figured out what separates this from any other extraction shooter besides friendly fire being turned on.
What other extraction shooters are at top of mind? I can’t think of any

There are definitely quite a few gameplay quirks that make it unique too.

Humdinger

Finally managed to get into a session last night. Played just the one game, because it was late and I was tired. It was fun. I don't know what I'm doing though. Just starting out.

ToadMan

I'll be honest, and not blaming anyone, but they are slowly losing me. I got so frustrated yesterday. Half hour login in queue and then when I finally got in, 0 players online and QuickPlay was fucked.

I installed gow Valhalla and started that up. I'll give helldivers 1 or 2 more days, but then I'm out. I only have like an hour or 2 a day to play. Feels like I'm wasting my time.
And rebirth is my next priority.

Congrats to arrowhead on their huge success and the game is fun as fuck. But I'm not gonna waste my time much longer.

ArrowHead turned off the player count reporting to ease server load, from what I heard anyway. So yes it shows zero players online all the time right now.

I usually find (on PS5) either jumping in and out of the planets, or even restarting the game will eventually find players for you within a few attempts.

But it is unreliable for sure.

We don't really have enough information about the server distribution too. Maybe some regions are overloaded compared to others.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The game is ultra mega fucked right now, even if i can go into my ship because i avoid the server capacity screen with a trick, i can't join anyone and quickmatch doesn't work, and if i try to go alone the game remain stuck in the loading screen where you see your pod descending on the planet and i have to manually close the game from steam.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

When able to get in still not been able to play with randos for a few days. Endless counter going up trying to find games that just never happen. Used to be that it'd be smashing those join games and failing because they were already full, now it's just not finding anything at all.

People in-game on the friends list don't show in the Social tab - can see what planet they're on and what they're doing on the map, but they don't show in Social. Only people there are those on friends list in other games/apps, shown as online but not in-game. Left playing alone and that gets tiresome 'cause there's no real point playing on Hard or Extreme for just very slightly better rewards with a lot more push-back/risk involved, so it's been just popping in and out of Challenging missions and that's getting a bit meh.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Servers at capacity please try again later

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Seriously annoying now, haven’t been able to play in 4/5 days now. Games great when you can get in to it. Really need to sort this out.

jbortz78

Damn managed to get in earlier and played a few games with randoms, so so much fun, even more so when I unlocked the SMG on page 3 coupled with eagle support and grenade launcher…! Still love the machine gun though.

But of course just as I completed a “perfect” mission the game crashes just as the shuttle lands😢.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
For me the last two days, getting in hasn’t been the issue. It’s getting a full squad and being able to complete a round. I’ve been stuck at level 11 for two days because the game keeps having connectivity issues.

But I might be done. I’ve lost at least 3 hours of my time from connection issues that’s entirely their fault. I think I’ll put this down, start and beat TLoU2 Remastered, then jump to FF7-2. Maybe after that Helldivers 2 will be playable. Or I just go back to Fortnite.

There was a trailer released in the last couple of years for an open-world shooter. Had a great song and a colourful logo. Thought it was Helldivers 2, but it's not.

I remember in the trailer lots of players shooting a massive creature in a desert-type landscape. Does anyone know the game in question? Likely it's not released yet.

Suicide mission with P PectacularOz and kingkenny76 kingkenny76 was dope after finally getting in. Thanks for the game guys, I’m a lowly level 13 compared to you guys but that was fun and we got all 4 Helldivers extracted!
Brother, we were all blasting out controlled democracy left and right!
Strategems and evac was so slow it got crazy! Huge props to kingkenny76 kingkenny76 for grabbing those pinks! Had to leave too soon, was a total blast.

All these issues completely killed my hype. Finally managed to play with my friends. After clearing the whole map we got disconected on our way to the extraction point. We tried again, this time only doing the main objective. The same thing happened. Forty minutes wasted with nothing to show for it.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
FFS, patch has fixed fucked all. All issues still still persist.

Edit: when i did get to play briefly, the matchmaking was working a little better.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
No way is there that many actually playing on steam. Tonight has been the worst of the lot to try and get a game. Pretty sure people are just joining an ever growning que at this point.

Its like in Tokyo when you see people joining a mile long que, just because everybody else is doing it lol.

Still impressive though.

MastAndo

Stupid question but do kills done by your squadmates count toward the daily order? I'm not about to spend my precious requisition slips on the anti-material rifle when I'm about to unlock a few things I want at level 10, but the 15 medals would be nice.

DeaDPo0L84

aSLBhfI.png

Props to the discord moderators.
Proud Of You Yes GIF
Props to them for banning someone expressing an opinion? I don't want to see anything in the game that is overtly representing any political views, it's honestly refreshing that it's not pandering to any of these groups. Why can't we shoot bugs and robots without knowing the guy on our team likes dick or thinks they are a woman? It makes no sense why people push this nonsense on any level. These same people would freak the hell out if a MAGA cape or one with a cross and Bible verses was put in. How about we just let games be games.

Last edited:

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I’ve become addicted.

As soon as I get home I throw HD2 on my portal. Take the dogs out, wash my ass, make some dinner…usually by the time I’m all finished I’m on my ship.

Works for now but look forward to the day I can abandon the ritual.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Got the "servers at capacity" message for the first time ever, makes sense since it's evening in North America, I need to stick with playing at night JST until they resolve these issues. Oh well, I have more than enough other stuff to play 👌

Top Bottom