• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Hot5pur

Managed to get on and play with the wife a bit.
Servers suck now. Is there an actual queue or is it a free-for-all each time after the counter goes down?
Is implementing a queue system really that difficult and then giving a time estimate?
Hopefully Last Epoch siphons off some players tomorrow.
I have no beef with Arrowhead. They made a relatively polished game which is excellent, and tried to anticipate server load with reasonable estimates.
No one could have imagined a $40 game that is not tied to any major IP or rips off another IP (cough cough) would explode like this.

ToadMan

No way is there that many actually playing on steam. Tonight has been the worst of the lot to try and get a game. Pretty sure people are just joining an ever growning que at this point.

Its like in Tokyo when you see people joining a mile long que, just because everybody else is doing it lol.

Still impressive though.

Steam just records who has the app open. This number isn't just players - it will also include people waiting, stuck on loading screens, AFK, or instantaneously spamming the app to try and get in.

Got 2 hours of pretty smooth gameplay. And took less than 5 minutes to log in too. It's starting to live up to the potential of something you just fire up and play for a while. Hope this continues especially on the weekend.

clarky

Gold Member
Steam just records who has the app open. This number isn't just players - it will also include people waiting, stuck on loading screens, AFK, or instantaneously spamming the app to try and get in.
Pretty sure that exactly what my post implied lol.

clarky

Gold Member
Got 2 hours of pretty smooth gameplay. And took less than 5 minutes to log in too. It's starting to live up to the potential of something you just fire up and play for a while. Hope this continues especially on the weekend.
Yeah got in and hour ago myself.

Edit: AAAAAAnnnd crash. FFs.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

This game has no business having this insane amount of detail in it. And it only cost you $40. So many crazy, awe dropping and hilarious things happening. It's difficult to think that I could possibly get the same amount of high from any other game this year. Certainly not from co-op.

Getting in seems super easy today on PS5 but still no fix for the difficulty glitch and looking at their discord, there are thousands of us affected. They originally were taking names of people affected and were manually unlocking for them but there got to be too much so they stopped doing that and started focusing on a complete fix and now they’re back to taking information on each person so maybe it’s going to be a while for a fix.

Which is a shame because the game is so much more fun on higher difficulties.

ToadMan

Pretty sure that exactly what my post implied lol.

Not really, you said

No way is there that many actually playing on steam.

Implying you think there could be that many playing deapite the server cap, or steam is misreporting the number. That is inaccurate

With server limits at 450k, about 200k of that on PS5, steam can only have about 250k actual players. The rest have the app open but aren't actively playing.

The steam CCU is accurate - the game being locked out to you doesn't mean no one is playing.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Not really, you said

Implying you think there could be that many playing, or steam is misreporting the number. That is inaccurate

With server limits at 450k, about 200k of that on PS5, steam can only have about 250k actual players. The rest have the app open but aren't actively playing.

The steam CCU is accurate - the game being locked out to you doesn't mean no one is playing.

"Tonight has been the worst of the lot to try and get a game. Pretty sure people are just joining an ever growning que at this point."

Fully aware of what's happening i was sat waiting for a game myself. I'm not a retard.

Last edited:

Zheph

Stupid question but do kills done by your squadmates count toward the daily order? I'm not about to spend my precious requisition slips on the anti-material rifle when I'm about to unlock a few things I want at level 10, but the 15 medals would be nice.
No but I would recommend the anti-material, it's a fantastic weapon imo

stickkidsam

aSLBhfI.png

Props to the discord moderators.
Proud Of You Yes GIF
I somehow doubt a rainbow coalition of creeds of any variety would gel with the “MANAGED DEMOCRACY” of Super Earth.

We don’t need every modern social/political group injected into every piece of media. Least of all when it makes no sense.

Killjoy-NL

Not really, you said

Implying you think there could be that many playing deapite the server cap, or steam is misreporting the number. That is inaccurate

I thought the CEOnof Arrowhead said most players were on PS?

TIGERCOOL

Just picked up lossless scaling on steam and the frame gen works super well on hell divers 2. Was getting between 60-90 fps on ultra settings at 1440p, with rough frame times (3080 12gb, 5800x3d). With frame gen on and the game locked at 60 it runs at a flawless 120 fps and slight artifacting is only occasionally noticeable on UI elements you can barely see anyway.

For some reason it also seemed to help with the dithering on transparencies. It's obviously not going to be as snappy as native 120fps, but to me it's a crazy smooth experience and still feels plenty responsive for a game like this.

Wasn't expecting much from this software but damn. Very impressed with it in this game.

Getting in seems super easy today on PS5 but still no fix for the difficulty glitch and looking at their discord, there are thousands of us affected. They originally were taking names of people affected and were manually unlocking for them but there got to be too much so they stopped doing that and started focusing on a complete fix and now they’re back to taking information on each person so maybe it’s going to be a while for a fix.

Which is a shame because the game is so much more fun on higher difficulties.
PS5 here, and I got suicide unlocked ye
No but I would recommend the anti-material, it's a fantastic weapon imo
Yes they do?
I've definitely been watching/counting. That being said, it may differ day-to-day - but in my experience, team kills DO count towards the daily.

Zheph

PS5 here, and I got suicide unlocked ye

Yes they do?
I've definitely been watching/counting. That being said, it may differ day-to-day - but in my experience, team kills DO count towards the daily.
Not in my experience but maybe it differs according to the objectives?

Killjoy-NL

Yes, it can oneshot bile titans with a well aimed shot to the mouth when they are spitting the green goo.
Cool, I thought so.

I did make a bile titan head explode yesterday while testing unsafe mode, but I assumed it was just a result of all of us firing at the same time.

Yeah, it's more damage, with the risk of exploding when overcharged. Not worth it IMO. The games are too chaotic to keep an eye on the overcharge for me
Fair enough. I don't mind it personally, already used to overcharging it in safe mode during combat, so it's just a tiny thing to keep in mind.

Killjoy-NL

He just gave a valid reason why a trans cape should be added, because people play games to escape reality.
Probably because of bringing politics into the discord.

Still, maybe a bit of a knee-jerk reaction.
Couldn't care less if people want to wave a rainbow ingame.
I'm too busy going pew-pew.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I was specifically saving 1x orbital laser for our extraction - that was before I realized extration was at least FOUR MINUTES LONG. Should have saved all 3...
I didn’t realise extraction time went up on higher difficulties and that if you leave a certain area it gets reset 🥹!!! All adds to the intensity but damn it was chaos 😂, bugs everywhere. Need to get myself levelled up more and get some of dem fancy strategems you guys have. The shield looks great and that laser is so good at melting away swarms of enemies.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Seems like they made some balance adjustments for the Defend missions where you need to evacuate personnel. I just solo'd it on Hard (40 people) with evac. I also managed to clear a Suicide mission solo (extract fuel) but died on the next mission, will attempt again.

Top Bottom