• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Has anyone let the timer run down for when you leave the combat zone? It's hilarious, it comes up traitor detected and your ship bombards you from space :messenger_tears_of_joy:
This game has so many little details it never tells you. Wants you/the community to discover it all.
They could have easily put that in the tutorial, or a popup or whatevs - but they knew it would be way more fun for players to experience the unknown.

Seems like they made some balance adjustments for the Defend missions where you need to evacuate personnel. I just solo'd it on Hard (40 people) with evac. I also managed to clear a Suicide mission solo (extract fuel) but died on the next mission, will attempt again.
I kind of think it's good Arrowhead designs some missions where you are more likely to fail than succeed. That adds to the war narrative. And, the challenging nature of the game helps keep players retention spans. They probably overdid it with the evac missions but I hope they continue to challenge the player base

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
719960218607419452.webp

image.png
10/10

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
I kind of think it's good Arrowhead designs some missions where you are more likely to fail than succeed. That adds to the war narrative. And, the challenging nature of the game helps keep players retention spans. They probably overdid it with the evac missions but I hope they continue to challenge the player base

Oh I agree with you there and I love a good challenge (and I have the trophy list to prove it lol). Pre-patch it was tuned waaaay left in favour of the robot scum, if you've got a team of 4 highly skilled players who can't even do it on Challenging then you know something is off. It's hard to strike the right balance, curious to see how the Mech update will affect things (more enemies? More HP? More DMG received etc).

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Escape the reality where they see a trans flag as necessary to a reality where the trans flag is… still necessary?

They see them as necessary, but outside of some corporate float by some multibillion dollar entity that uses child labour or some image on twitter your not going to see them in real life. Think about the last time you saw one in real life. Sure theres some images of a parade that happened one day in some random country somewhere. But when's the last time you personally saw one? That's the reality, hence their need to escape it.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I'm able to log in and out no problem this morning. Had a good squad and played 3 straight games no issues. Steam count is "only" about 225k right now so maybe that's why.

W0H89Is.jpg
you know the cross over is coming
They are making a new one.
They don’t own the game rights.
But maybe they buy them? That being said, they don’t really have to.
Also the new movie is supposed to follow more closely to the books rather than the old movies. I don’t think the tone is anywhere near the same.

cebri.one

They are making a new one.
They don’t own the game rights.
But maybe they buy them? That being said, they don’t really have to.
Also the new movie is supposed to follow more closely to the books rather than the old movies. I don’t think the tone is anywhere near the same.
I was thinking about the possibility of having ST ost in the game. That would be awesome

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think something akin to the Protos from Starcraft would work much better

They literally already have one, one of the fake news reels mentions them in Helldivers 2, but there in the first one.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I was able to get into a good group last night and not have any crashes or server issues. Jumped up 3 levels. Game is fucking great, when everything is working as it should. Problem is, that’s rare.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Man, thinking about the similar vibes with Warhammer, it’d be cool to see this game feature a clan system. Maybe call it a “Legion” or a “Chapter”. The question is if Super Earth would allow for such a system considering their collectivistic implementation of FREEDOM.

They see them as necessary, but outside of some corporate float by some multibillion dollar entity that uses child labour or some image on twitter your not going to see them in real life. Think about the last time you saw one in real life. Sure theres some images of a parade that happened one day in some random country somewhere. But when's the last time you personally saw one? That's the reality, hence their need to escape it.
I can see your point. Depending on where you live it would be a rarity to see those flags if at all. So there may be some trans people who would find comfort in that. I just don’t think it is necessary or even good to expect that such things be represented in every piece of media. Particularly in cases like this. It’s tone deaf to the actual setting of the game; including it makes the game serve the player’s interests at the cost of internal consistency.

It’d be like seeing a pride pin or a yellow coiled rattlesnake on an Astartes. Well intentioned as it may be, it pulls the player out of the experience for the purpose of something outside it. Whether that something agrees with an individual or not, the integrity of the experience is weakened.

clarky

Gold Member
New strategy today.

Set my alarm a few hours early, log in and back to bed. So far so good.

Last edited:
Took awhile to get in yesterday. But it worked great once I did. Finally getting to higher difficulties. Did a quick play on extreme and was able to find a game. Four players, worked well together even with no mics. And everyone stayed for the entire operation.

Tons of fun, an operation a night is a good amount I think. Can totally see me picking this up every so often even if I get super into Rebirth or DD2 coming up.

I tried to log on during my lunch break.

Nope.

How are they still so fucking bad at this?

They've explained it. The code on the backend wasn't built for nearly this many people. They are having to rewrite code and get more engineers involved (and train those engineers using their existing work force). In other words I wouldn't even try to play this game anymore. Especially on PC. I don't care what anyone says PC is way worse than PS5.

Hot5pur

I got in this morning (US). Finally had enough credits to get the premium warbond haha....
Still running extreme even though at lvl 20 seems most stuff is unlocked. Will try stepping it up. I really appreciate that this game requires skill and coordination.
Haven't touched the robot side much in 35 hours of playtime. Feels like there's a whole other game waiting for me there...

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Got this trophy playing solo yesterday:

cjQGheZ.jpg

Defense mission against bugs, not much of a challenge really 🤷‍♂️

Love my Railgun support weapon, now a permanent staple of my loadout. All out of strats with a couple of big boys coming at you? Trust in the Railgun 👌

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Game is broken tonight.

Queue to get in won’t load when you get in. Get in a game and got a crash. Got in a game game didn’t load when we extracted. Lose game back in the queue. In a mission game crash back to queue.

Got this trophy playing solo yesterday:

cjQGheZ.jpg

Defense mission against bugs, not much of a challenge really 🤷‍♂️

Love my Railgun support weapon, now a permanent staple of my loadout. All out of strats with a couple of big boys coming at you? Trust in the Railgun 👌

I managed to get this in one of the defense missions, set up turrets and had 150 kills in no time, took a little bit of damage on my way to the extraction but otherwise it was effortless. That gone in 360 trophy might be a tough one though.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
I managed to get this in one of the defense missions, set up turrets and had 150 kills in no time, took a little bit of damage on my way to the extraction but otherwise it was effortless. That gone in 360 trophy might be a tough one though.

Similar except I had mines, incendiary mines, rocket turret and orbital laser. I'm going to try to solo the extreme blitz trophy next, that will be a lot tricker.

Ballistic

Anyone else experiencing stratagem roulette? Finished a mission on hard and had no clue which stratagem was going to hit the ground.

Ran into my first toxic player today. When we were about to extract, he team killed all 2 of my teammates and I right before extraction. Of course this dick face was too shitty to make it to the extraction by himself. We all respawned and all of us killed him in response and didn't revive him, but turns out he was the party leader and kicked us all. So if anyone here runs into a player named "Yu Oh", block and leave his ship.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Ran into my first toxic player today. When we were about to extract, he team killed all 2 of my teammates and I right before extraction. Of course this dick face was too shitty to make it to the extraction by himself. We all respawned and all of us killed him in response and didn't revive him, but turns out he was the party leader and kicked us all. So if anyone here runs into a player named "Yu Oh", block and leave his ship.
I’ve run into two different people that booted the entire party as soon as the extraction ship was about to land. 40 minutes wasted. Got to love it.

DoomGyver

Similar except I had mines, incendiary mines, rocket turret and orbital laser. I'm going to try to solo the extreme blitz trophy next, that will be a lot tricker.
I managed by doing a terminate 150 with sentries. I just played king of the hill until the dropship arrived. I also need the blitz 360 trophy- tried to do it with 2 people but I really need 3 or 4. Evac in 6 minutes- it takes 2 minutes for the ship to arrive. 2-3 people need to split up and destroy nests while the third person stays near the evac point and calls it in immediately. If you want to get the trophy together just add me.

Top Bottom