• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Eleven |OT| Jean-Philippe IS BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A pregnancy scare? You're snapping the line Hell's Kitchen, and it was already a thin one to begin with.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This might be the worst Blue Team in Hell's Kitchen history.

Another loss... good lord.

Challenges are always skewed for the girls. Blue team always loses most the time. Though this isn't one of the BS judging ones, so at least they lost it because they're idiots.

Grinchy

Banned
I immediately thought he was going to send Jeremy home. And all of a sudden the no-name is pregnant and front-and-center on the show. I guess she's leaving soon too.

Btw, I cannot wrap my head around Susan's face. Every time she's on screen, I just stare at her, trying to make sense of her features. I don't know what it is but she is so odd looking to me. This may not be the best example, but what is going on here

ibnnhGN.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
Btw, I cannot wrap my head around Susan's face. Every time she's on screen, I just stare at her, trying to make sense of her features. I don't know what it is but she is so odd looking to me. This may not be the best example, but what is going on here
8bf7E6Q.jpg

UberTag

Nedra will burn that place to the ground. Still think Jeremy will be a surprise release.
I instantly reached that same conclusion.

Hardly seems like much of a surprise if you can read between the lines of Hell's Kitchen editing. They set things up rather predictably.

Ironmask

so glad to hear that Jean-Philippe is back, so many lols

also

Gina Aloise - Age: 49 - Hometown: Bronx, NY - Occupation: Line Cook
Signature Dish: Penne Pasta with Meatballs and a Petit Braciola

that's so cheap, even a college student on a rush before an exam can do this dish!

It's totally Jeremy.

Also, this is by far the worst blue team ever. They even tried to rig a challenge for them by having a fit blue team member race an out of shape red team member and they still managed to fuck it up.

Also, what professional chef can't cook a pancake?

Already sick of these " to be continued" episodes.

JP is back? Guess I gotta watch this season. Watching the first episode and wait....the first challenge is TIED going into the last pair? YOU DON'T SAY. Hell's kitchen is the most rigged reality show ever. They are so transparent.

I don't know what it is, but I feel like this has been the most entertaining start to Hell's Kitchen in a long time. The editing isn't that annoying, Ramsay is still entertaining, and the "talent" is so bad it's not even funny. They made Dan look like a complete tool in the beginning. Like how the fuck did he get on the show? lol

It honestly scares me these contestants cook for other human beings.

Grinchy

Banned
It's so obvious that he's just going to have those 4 people switch teams. Nedra had the confrontation with the blue team so it's obvious that they want to stick her on it now. The babyvoice idiot chick has a problem with the blue team as well, so that's more fuel for the fire.

Dan and the other guy are incompetents, so sticking them on the other team is just another opportunity for good TV. Should be fun next week.

Yeah, Hell's Kitchen is over for me. I can't stand it anymore. I forced myself through the last couple of seasons because I watched it before I got to MasterChef, but this is just beyond terrible.

RangersFan

maybe he does eliminate all 4, as switching teams is too obvious. plus it would make sense as to why they keep doing this to be continued endings, to extended the episode orders for the season.

UberTag

You know I wish he would just eliminate 4 people all at once, just for shock value.
maybe he does eliminate all 4, as switching teams is too obvious. plus it would make sense as to why they keep doing this to be continued endings, to extended the episode orders for the season.
This actually happened once to marvelous effect in The Apprentice back in Season 4.
One player was fired by Trump each of the first five weeks.
Then after a disastrous slaughter in the Week 6 task, Trump fired all four of the players brought into the board room that week.

Would love to see Gordon recreate this moment in true Hell's Kitchen fashion.

dyergram

I'm predicting a swopsie. Also me and te misses were pausing the the next week preview clips and I think we caught a clip of skinny annoying dude in e backround.

MooMoo

I really hate how the show swapped to the two episodes for one full episode structure. It really makes the show drag on.

benjipwns

Banned
I really hate how the show swapped to the two episodes for one full episode structure. It really makes the show drag on.
I think they did this for that exact reason. HK is so cheap and gets such great ratings FOX loves having it to just fill gaps.

I've heard that they have "regular length" versions of all these two-parters ready to slot in at any point.

I imagine part of the increase in two-parters in recent seasons has been related to their inability to milk American Idol three full nights a week or whatever anymore. Just stick a HK in there!
This actually happened once to marvelous effect in The Apprentice back in Season 4.
One player was fired by Trump each of the first five weeks.
Then after a disastrous slaughter in the Week 6 task, Trump fired all four of the players brought into the board room that week.

Would love to see Gordon recreate this moment in true Hell's Kitchen fashion.
That was such an epic episode. (And the task was literally an actual example of a true epic failure*.) I miss that insane ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN Apprentice. (And Carolyn.)

It and HK have a lot in common in terms of falling into a routine and kinda just embracing that routine. And the "star" falling into a persona more than what they showed early on or elsewhere. Trump especially has been telegraphing his decisions for eons for years now, Ramsay still likes the art of the troll at least.

*Looked it up on Wikipedia:
Every member of the team focused on sales, rather than gimmicks. Capital Edge also created a mini golf course for children, to entertain them while their parents shopped. The result was a 74% increase in sales.

[Excel] were doing nothing but marketing instead of selling the products. James also wasted time and resources by a batting cage that took up most of the shop floor and didn't leave any room to display the products. The only strong sellers on the team were Brian, Rebecca, and Marshawn. This resulted in Excel making sales drop 34% below average. Excel lost by a 108% margin; at the time this was the worst defeat in the history of The Apprentice.
Should be percentage points, but you get the idea.

Grinchy

Banned
wtf, the first time I watch this stupid show live, and they aren't broadcasting in HD in my area?

edit- nvm it just switched over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom