• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Eleven |OT| Jean-Philippe IS BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I am legitimately surprised. Thought for sure raw chicken would send Barret home, but it looks like he is loosing it next episode. Also the girls look like their gonna go at it.

Dan getting sent home instead of Barrett makes no sense.

I think it had more to do with he just wasn't getting along with anyone, and as much as contestants would like to believe they are not there to get along with people, you need to be able to work with others to run a restaurant.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dan getting sent home instead of Barrett makes no sense.

Grinchy

Banned
Not gonna miss Dan. And god damn...Mary's voice is so fucking annoying. I can't stand when grown women talk like babies.

And also that promo brings me to something I always wonder about. We see that a burger leaves the kitchen and has a hair in it. How did these master chefs who check all the food miss that? How do these pro chefs let raw shit out of the kitchen? When something comes back shouldn't some of the blame go to Ramsey and the people who are in charge of making sure nothing bad leaves the kitchen?

Tamanon

Banned
Not gonna miss Dan. And god damn...Mary's voice is so fucking annoying. I can't stand when grown women talk like babies.

And also that promo brings me to something I always wonder about. We see that a burger leaves the kitchen and has a hair in it. How did these master chefs who check all the food miss that? How do these pro chefs let raw shit out of the kitchen? When something comes back shouldn't some of the blame go to Ramsey and the people who are in charge of making sure nothing bad leaves the kitchen?

I don't think he checks all the food. Since he's in both kitchens. Also....I think they let some stuff go for drama.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I feel like any time something comes back, it's all a setup. Even though he's not personally checking every item from both kitchens, he has his other chefs there full time doing each kitchen. So if they are sending out a burger with a hair in it, I think they need to get yelled at too.

But most likely, they could have even planted the hair. Or purposely sent out something raw to a suspecting dinner guest.

Sorta rooting against the blue team now...obviously we don't get to see everything, but the way it's been edited...it looks like maybe they went a little too overboard in constantly trying to get Dan kicked off. Can't say that he seems any worse a cook than Barrett, and certainly not Ray.

Mikes trying to police everyone while his own dish was a failure was sweet.

TangMeng

My pick, Dan, got screwed! Should have sent Barrett home!

I'm a bit surprised it was Dan who left, he seemed to be coming around lately. The blue team really sucks, I don't think any of them has a chance of actually winning the whole thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did nobody watch tonight?
Blue team continues to fail in challenges.

chris121580

Really weird choice to vote off tonight. She had been kicking ass constantly in the previous services. Sometimes I really don't get this show

Zoe

It seems like once they get rid of both the girls that were put up tonight, that will take care of any conflicts in the team.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Amanda's going next, she was just blowin' up for someone who was admitting their problem.

Although they twice did the commercial break conflict trick today. Where there was an argument boiling up and hitting a breaking point at a commercial, only to come back to complete calmness.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to Ja'nel and Susan for the finalists.

Grinchy

Banned
Really weird choice to vote off tonight. She had been kicking ass constantly in the previous services. Sometimes I really don't get this show

Here's what I think. Everyone knows she's better than a couple of the other players on the red team, but maybe Ramsey doesn't think she will should make it all the way anyway. So, they boot her off and keep around a weaker member to ensure more drama in the future episodes.

That way Ramsey can continue screaming about things being raw for a few more episodes, and when it comes time to have the final contestants, all of a sudden everything goes smoother and it looks like he really did pick the best people. In past seasons, he has kept people on who seemed certifiably insane while kicking off sane, good chefs. It's all about the TV, baby. I'm sure the producers tell him what to do most of the time anyway.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, wait, wait, a challenge that is tied down to the last plate? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

UberTag

That way Ramsey can continue screaming about things being raw for a few more episodes, and when it comes time to have the final contestants, all of a sudden everything goes smoother and it looks like he really did pick the best people. In past seasons, he has kept people on who seemed certifiably insane while kicking off sane, good chefs. It's all about the TV, baby. I'm sure the producers tell him what to do most of the time anyway.
Nedra saved Amanda this week thanks to that shouting match in the dorms. Made for some excellent television.
Shocker for me is that Amanda is older than Jacqueline. Jacqueline easily looked 10 years older than her on the show this week.

Ja'Nel's been getting a strong winner's edit since almost the beginning of this season. She's my pick to win it all right now.
She also looks amazing for 31.

benjipwns

Banned
Did nobody watch tonight?
I blame myself. My power went out at 6:45 and didn't come back until 8:58. I wasn't here to send up a signal for Hell's Kitchen GAF.
I guarantee you Ramsay already has an idea of who will be the final few and rarely ever changes his mind.
I think this may be part of why he keeps some people around, to see how his picks handle that person. And if they can't, he'll dismiss them and let some second-tier people try and prove themselves.

And they do sometimes legitimately have some talented assholes. Elise was rarely ever in trouble for her cooking for example.

That said, I think we all realize this is the WWE or whatever of cooking shows. On the show alone you can tell Ramsay no longer takes it as seriously as he did in the first season or so.

In the first season he kept someone around entirely because of their improvement on the show, and stated this as the reason as he dismissed seemingly superior candidates. You'd never see that in the modern version I don't think.

The award should turn into a year of chef apprenticeship instead of being the head of a restaurant, because it's getting to the point where I don't want to eat at any restaurant headed by any of these contestants.

The award should turn into a year of chef apprenticeship instead of being the head of a restaurant, because it's getting to the point where I don't want to eat at any restaurant headed by any of these contestants.
That's pretty much what it is already. I don't believe any of the winners were ever given the reigns of the restraunts in question (maybe one was?). If they don't want the position they are offered, I believe they get a choice of a one time 250k payout. Or at least they used to early on.

Man, the Blue team just gets schooled every single time.

I swear if they had Anthony's dish go last, and Micheal's dish go when Anthony's did the Blue Team would have won. It comes down to the last dish every fucking time. No matter what every other dish is going to be like it's going to be 2:2 and it's going to be all about the last dish.

So the next episode has to kick off with Barret going home as well.

Zoe

I thought that's basically what the reward ends up being. The positions they're put into are made up.

UberTag

I swear if they had Anthony's dish go last, and Micheal's dish go when Anthony's did the Blue Team would have won. It comes down to the last dish every fucking time. No matter what every other dish is going to be like it's going to be 2:2 and it's going to be all about the last dish.
Teams should factor that into their strategies.
If there's an obvious order on which dish will be presented last, they should collectively decide on who will cook that last item the best to effectively "bat cleanup" to borrow some baseball terminology.

WillPwn4Food

Neo Member
I thought that's basically what the reward ends up being. The positions they're put into are made up.

They get a 1 year contract to prove they can run the restaurant, under close supervision from Ramsay and his minions. No idea what happens after the year though.

benjipwns

Banned
In "theory" they do. At least one didn't even get the ceremonial position.

I believe only one or two winners were ever offered a second year.

Back in the first season the winner was offered by Ramsay the position or to apprentice under him at his own restaurant in London for a year. The winner took the latter, but then eventually chose to not do it. I think he got paid instead.

The runner-up on the first season did well enough on his own he got invited onto Iron Chef America as a challenger.

And there's likely no supervision from Ramsay or anyone involved with the show (after that first season apprenticeship offer), it sounds like they're just dumped into it with the "salary" (aka winnings) and the restaurant tries to find them a role or works around them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Since there's no Kitchen Nightmares thread, I thought this would be the appropriate place. The season finale... holy shit. Ramsey actually gave up on the owners because they refused to listen. They were abrasive, they never took criticism, they went through at least 100 staff members in a YEAR, and he actually got up and left.

I checked the Yelp reviews. So much negativity, and one of the only positive reviews was the owner herself!

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I thought it might've been staged, but those Yelp reviews....ouch.

Was great to see Gordon actually give up for once and show everybody tearing down the cameras and lights. That Amy was a horrible person and deserves all the misery her restaurant gets.

Grinchy

Banned
I usually don't like watching Kitchen Nightmares but that one sounds good. I'm gonna have a watch.

edit- WOW i'm 8ish minutes into the episode, and Ramsey is just now showing up. This is the most insane episode they've ever had. Amy and her husband are both psychotic.

Camp Lo

Banned
I usually don't like watching Kitchen Nightmares but that one sounds good. I'm gonna have a watch.

edit- WOW i'm 8ish minutes into the episode, and Ramsey is just now showing up. This is the most insane episode they've ever had. Amy and her husband are both psychotic.

Duuuuude. That KN was the most surreal TV show I've seen in a long time. Amy is a fucking psychopath. I saw it this morning and I plan on rewatching it tonight with my wife. I'm still flabbergasted.

Zoe

I started watching it on my own cause the bf wasn't home yet, but I had to stop. It was just too crazy to watch without him :lol

Apparently one of the producers was offering to pay for that guy in the very beginning, but that whacko wouldn't have it. The police really were called, but nothing happened in the end.

Camp Lo

Banned
I started watching it on my own cause the bf wasn't home yet, but I had to stop. It was just too crazy to watch without him :lol

Apparently one of the producers was offering to pay for that guy in the very beginning, but that whacko wouldn't have it. The police really were called, but nothing happened in the end.

Tried to pay for that pizza incident? I don't even think the guy should have paid anything. I read his review on some blog. He came in at 6:45 and the incident happened around 9:30.

And even in the local news affiliate, Amy is a fucking nut job on there! Wait till you see the firing. You'll lose your mind!!

Bgamer90

Banned
Since there's no Kitchen Nightmares thread, I thought this would be the appropriate place. The season finale... holy shit. Ramsey actually gave up on the owners because they refused to listen. They were abrasive, they never took criticism, they went through at least 100 staff members in a YEAR, and he actually got up and left.

I checked the Yelp reviews. So much negativity, and one of the only positive reviews was the owner herself!

Oh man, I gotta see this.

Definitely going to watch it on Hulu later on tonight.

Omg, I happened to watch that epsiode and I'm pretty sure the owners are insane. Some of those 5 star reviews are written by them. And the response they give to 1 star reviews, holy shit. And its crazy they actually took tips from the waiters because they though they didnt deserve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom