• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Johnpv said:
Yet their individual cooking skills fail them when it comes to dinner service. Fucking up a piece of fish how many times in a row. I get its a team challenge but it seems at this point they lose dinner service half the time cause they just can't cook.

The problem in the dinner service is that they're too scared to tell Ramsay that they need more time. He'll yell at them but I haven't seen him kick anyone out because they needed additional time.

benjipwns

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The problem in the dinner service is that they're too scared to tell Ramsay that they need more time. He'll yell at them but I haven't seen him kick anyone out because they needed additional time.
Hell, they're too scared or forget to tell the people on their team let alone Ramsay.

MPW

chef ramsay: who's gonna step up and be a leader?

*elise steps up*

smh @ the rest of red team, as much as i hate elise, at least she was brave enough to step up while the rest didn't

UberTag

This season seems to be somewhat unpredictable right now barring some heavy-duty redemption arcs.

I mean, Will is the only one getting a finalist edit right now and he's practically non-existent in the kitchen service segments after kicking all manner of ass in the challenges. The Blue team consistently loses, he doesn't exactly lead and we really only see him with a shocked, dumbfounded expression as one of his team members inevitably screws a dish up. Does anyone know what station he worked tonight?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Elise has her name tattooed on her boob. Amazing. Never seen someone so in love with themselves.

VPhys

I get the feeling Elise has been through some tragic shit in her life to make her the way she is (she even alluded to this a few episodes back).

But really, I don't give a rats ass she still needs to get her personality in check. Hell, start going to a shrink but do something to fix yourself.

I keep wondering how those hobby chef's at Master Chef have a bigger skillset than the actual pro's on this show. They can't make a friggin Risotto, I mean what the fuck?!

Also, usually I like people like Elise - if they can back up their big mouth, like Max did on Master Chef. But she is just a pain in the ass. She can't cook and she can't lead a team. She can't put her personal shit aside when it comes to work. Wether you like someone or not, but you can't say "that dish isn't good", just because you dislike someone. Unprofessional to the max. Ramsey needs to chop her head off and make her shut up forever. No way in hell that bitch is gonna lead a top notch restaurant.

DominoKid

Mailenstein said:
I keep wondering how those hobby chef's at Master Chef have a bigger skillset than the actual pro's on this show. They can't make a friggin Risotto, I mean what the fuck?!

the MasterChef cooks are waaaaay better than the HK cooks

Tamanon

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I'm still not sure how Jonathan has lasted this long.

If you don't do anything in the kitchen and can look busy enough, you can't get called out for bad cooking. They're running out of people so he can't really duck more work.

Tamanon said:
If you don't do anything in the kitchen and can look busy enough, you can't get called out for bad cooking. They're running out of people so he can't really duck more work.

Yeah, it seems like Monterray was right about him. From what I remember he was actually supposed to be helping Monterray in the last episode, but he went off and started walking around the kitchen instead.

DominoKid

wow i always thought Elise was a chubster but she's pretty cute. those cooking robes or whatever the fuck you call em are not flattering at all.

JGS

Banned
Required by KY law to root for the Harrodsburg girl. Knew she wasn't going home but the scallop thing was pathetic.

Still must root for her.

ElRenoRaven

So finally got around to watching and Elise like normal just drives me nuts. The team failed. Nobody let them down this time. They simply got beaten. But now she has to cry and be like my team makes mistakes and let's me down.

GAG

Then I love how she doesn't try to help them do their punishments worth a damn. And OMG she does have her name tattooed on her boob. Seriously who tattoos their name on their own boob?

Wow. Natalie and Krupa failing tonight was just surprising. Both do good most of the time.

ElRenoRaven

DeaconKnowledge said:
Krupa?!
. Seriously? I thought for sure
Jonathan.
would get the axe.

Yea. It shocked the hell out of me too. She should still be there. There without a doubt are at least 3 people that are worse then her still there.

JGS

Banned
Zoe said:
Can somebody explain why scallops are so hard for experienced cooks?
I don't think there has ever been a fresh scallop in KY. Natalie has probably had to deal with frozen.

I'm not sure why they don't carry far.

I like Elise more and more with each passing week. The trolling :lol

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. Natalie and Krupa failing tonight was just surprising. Both do good most of the time.
Krupa sucks. Actually, almost everyone on the red team is pretty inconsistent, except for Elise. She is always solid and on her shit.

ElRenoRaven

Big Baybee said:
I like Elise more and more with each passing week. The trolling :lol

Krupa sucks. Actually, almost everyone on the red team is pretty inconsistent, except for Elise. She is always solid and on her shit.

I found Krupa to be the most consistent on the Read team and she is certainly more consistent then a lot of the Blue team.

VPhys

Question about strategy in the 5 vs 5 challenge. Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the teams not to rank their dishes 1 to 5, but to instead put their top 3 dishes against the other teams bottom 3 dishes, that is put your number 1 dish versus their 3rd dish, your number 2 against their 4 and 3 vs 5. Seems like it would.be a competitive advantage.

PsychoRaven said:
I found Krupa to be the most consistent on the Read team and she is certainly more consistent then a lot of the Blue team.
Krupa is a hit and miss for me. I thought Jamie is the most consistent, you never hear Ramsey yell at her except for this episode.

I would say the best overall is Will.

Zoe

VPhys said:
Question about strategy in the 5 vs 5 challenge. Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the teams not to rank their dishes 1 to 5, but to instead put their top 3 dishes against the other teams bottom 3 dishes, that is put your number 1 dish versus their 3rd dish, your number 2 against their 4 and 3 vs 5. Seems like it would.be a competitive advantage.

They discussed that last season. Dunno why they didn't do it this time.

CrankyJay

Banned
Just watched the last 5 episodes in a row last night. Was up until 2 am. LOL.

Will is gonna take it all. Dude has yet to fuck up, and he seems to know his shit technically and creatively.

Elise makes my head want to explode. (she fine tho when she isn't talking)

Sethos

Banned
DrForester said:
It kind of looked like him to me. There was a quick flash of the face.

eEzJA.jpg

hwalker84

I think Elise is super hot and her restaurant is about 10 mins from me. If i was a single guy i'd go after it. The attitude is a turn on. The smoking is a major turn off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom