• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Chamber said:
How is it blown out of proportion? The entirety of next week's episode seems to be Elise bitching everyone out.

They are just haters because Elise is the best. There are MORONS left. MORONS.

Every contestant on the show hates her guts, most of us here hate her guts, I think you are the minority commish, vast vast minority. You probably just like the booty.

RukusProvider said:
If the show was serious about finding chefs, Elyse and Tommy would have been gone a long time ago.

Elise isn't a bad chef. She can be extremely annoying, but that doesn't change that she can cook. She's certainly not comparable to Tommy.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Elise: How about risotto with parm?
Tommy: Make it a risotto with thyme, since parm will be included anyway.
Elise: LET ME CHOOSE A DISH!

Elise: How about tuna tartare?
Group: Yeah, let's do that.. tuna tartare with something on the side.
Elise: LET ME CHOOSE A DISH!

I think Elise is great.

I'm not going to lie and say the things she does aren't irritating as fuck, but it's a competition. I don't watch Hell's Kitchen to see people be nice and fluffy with each other, I watch it to see Ramsay troll the fuck out of 12 people and smash fish with his palms and throw plates. The conflict between the contestants is cake and Elise is bringing it. Think about it: She completely annihilated Carrie's chances of winning 2 episodes into the show, deep sixed Elizabeth, Krupa, and is working on Jennifer now. She came to win and despite her being an absolute bitch I totally rate that. PLUS she's fine as fuck. No Mercy.

commish

RukusProvider said:
If the show was serious about finding chefs, Elyse and Tommy would have been gone a long time ago.

This is what I'm talking about. You really think she's one of the worst chefs? On Tommy's level?

Also, fuck it, I like Tommy too. He's the only contestant that's had people constantly laughing and having a good time during punishments. His biggest crime is not communicating but he's a good chef.

mj1108

RukusProvider said:
The show hasn't been about finding someone with talent for the last 3 or 4 seasons. It's now all about people who are loud enough to be a reality show contestant who might be able to fix a sandwich.

Elise can definitely cook for sure. But she is a bad team player, and when you're a head chef of a presumably popular restaurant you better be a team player.

Tommy on the other hand is an airhead who is somehow still here lol, not sure he can cook that well, not sure about anything when it comes to him.

mj1108 said:
The show hasn't been about finding someone with talent for the last 3 or 4 seasons. It's now all about people who are loud enough to be a reality show contestant who might be able to fix a sandwich.

The show has never really been about finding a really good chef. They sometimes find one (like Rock), but it's more about drama than anything. People watch Top Chef if they want to see a serious cooking competition. HK is about ridiculous shit going on. That's why they always play up the controversial figures or any type of sexual activity going on.

tmdorsey

The thing with Elise is she might be a decent to good cook, but her attitude and personality clearly has shown she would not make a good head chef. Can anybody here pretend they could work for somebody like her?

tmdorsey said:
The thing with Elise is she might be a decent to good cook, but her attitude and personality clearly has shown she would not make a good head chef. Can anybody here pretend they could work for somebody like her?

I'd never even want to be in the same room as her, but she can cook. :p I just don't get those that think she's only still in the competition because she's crazy.

Elise seems to be a pretty decent chef but her attitude is just infuriating.

And yeah, Will did overreact a bit but its frustrating when someone who is supposed to your teammate is talking over you like that.

markatisu

I am really surprised nobody physically hurt her in this last episode, the whole menu thing was ridiculously grating.

I mean they agreed with her for christ's sake

I do not think she will win, they are just keeping her on for the spectacle but she will be gone next week or the week after.

She is running out of people to blame when something goes wrong. I love how twice now (at least) they have caught her misremembering how things went and shown the audience at home

Zoe

markatisu said:
She is running out of people to blame when something goes wrong. I love how twice now (at least) they have caught her misremembering how things went and shown the audience at home

Misremembering?

Zoe

ChocolateCupcakes said:
When she blames Tommy for scoring the wellington and she was the one that scored it. And I completely forgot what she did this episode but she did not remember something.

I just find it funny that you used "misremembering" instead of "lying."

tmdorsey said:

With that attitude she wouldn't even be a good whore

abundant

ChocolateCupcakes said:
When she blames Tommy for scoring the wellington and she was the one that scored it. And I completely forgot what she did this episode but she did not remember something.
She asked Paul on three separate occasions if the meat she was cooking was done, but she claims she only did it once.

commish

ChocolateCupcakes said:

Yeah, but hardly a big deal. This episode she said she asked Paul only once about the meat, but it was really 3 times. Hardly vicious stuff. You guys act like she spit in someone's food or purposefully tried to ruin a teammate's dish.

CrankyJay

Banned
commish said:
Yeah, but hardly a big deal. This episode she said she asked Paul only once about the meat, but it was really 3 times. Hardly vicious stuff. You guys act like she spit in someone's food or purposefully tried to ruin a teammate's dish.

The point is she's wrong 99% of the fucking time and still keeps her gums flapping.

commish said:
This is what I'm talking about. You really think she's one of the worst chefs? On Tommy's level?
She disrupted Red just as badly as Tommy disrupted Blue and offhand I don't think she's had particularly more individual cooking success than Tommy (remember the dessert with vinegar?). She may be a better line cook than Tommy but that's not saying much. Her "victory" during the individual challenge this week came partly because she got exactly the dish she wanted, rather than making something great out of an unfamiliar item.

She's not awful at cooking like the people who get jettisoned early on but she is in no way better than decent and only appears more than that because this is seriously one of the weakest fields ever, and really probably the weakest. That her and Tommy are still on is just incredibly damning. Russell was the villain last season who everyone hated and he was still a vastly better leader and chef than Elise.

commish

Of All Trades said:
She disrupted Red just as badly as Tommy disrupted Blue and offhand I don't think she's had particularly more individual cooking success than Tommy (remember the dessert with vinegar?). She may be a better line cook than Tommy but that's not saying much. Her "victory" during the individual challenge this week came partly because she got exactly the dish she wanted, rather than making something great out of an unfamiliar item.

She's not awful at cooking like the people who get jettisoned early on but she is in no way better than decent and only appears more than that because this is seriously one of the weakest fields ever, and really probably the weakest. That her and Tommy are still on is just incredibly damning. Russell was the villain last season who everyone hated and he was still a vastly better leader and chef than Elise.

I thought Sabrina was the one everyone hated last season? I personally thought Trev was terrible.

CrankyJay

Banned
RukusProvider said:
Unless the kitchen is a one man job, yes. She's a cancer in a team environment.

I can see her at a restaurant bugging the customers.

"WHAT? YOU DON'T LIKE MY FOOD? WHY NOT? WHY NOT? WHY NOT? WHY DON'T YOU LIKE MY FOOD? LET ME SPEAK! LET ME SPEAK! NUH-UH. LET ME SPEAK."

commish said:
She's annoying as hell about it though and doesn't admit that she is wrong. Its difficult working with someone like that.

abundant said:
She asked Paul on three separate occasions if the meat she was cooking was done, but she claims she only did it once.
Yeah, thats it.

Zoe

commish said:
I thought Sabrina was the one everyone hated last season? I personally thought Trev was terrible.

I think Sabrina annoyed viewers more than she annoyed her teammates.

commish said:
She was, but everybody knew she was never gonna win.

Russell was in the final 2. Thinking back to that season i've never hated anyone more. He was the biggest piece of shit i've ever seen and even when he lost he went out in an explosion of extremely sour grapes. Couldn't even congratulate the winner.

Also a few episodes earlier he tried very unceremoniously to get his dick wet while on a reward only for everyone to find out later that he had a wife/girlfriend.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What are people smoking that they think Elise has any redemptive qualities beyond her above average looks?

- Her cooking has not been good.
- She can't participate on a team.
- No one will allow her to lead because no one respects her.
- She is pretty much a complete troll

Chalk it up to a shitty field of contestants. Will's had this since day 1. I get why she's around...for ratings. Don't confuse Ramsey playing for ratings with Ramsey thinking Elise is in any way a good chef.

Shouta

Yeah, Elise has been trolling the show since the start. It's amazing that the team didn't just try to sabotage her themselves to get her out in the first place but I guess no one was smart enough to do that.

Threi

notag
commish said:
I'm not actually going to date Elise, so I don't give two shits if she's attractive or not. But ppl are blowing her out of proportion.
Its not even that, its the mindboggling defense GAF had for Sabrina from last season, who was just as annoying (actually probably moreso)

Why is this a new phenomenon on the show now? Annoying bitch is an annoying bitch, nothing new.

Razorskin

----- ------
JSKy6.gif

ElRenoRaven

Oh it's time. Please please please let someone knock her the hell out. PLEASE!!!!

HAHAHA. You can tell Elise is pissed that Jennifer didn't go home. lol

ElRenoRaven

Ah. Time for this challenge huh. Will has this. No doubt. Elise's always look like crap. Call it a hunch Jennifer isn't winning this one.

WIll's looks nice.

Macaroni and cheese with Salmon!!!!!! Seriously what the fuck is wrong with Elise?

ElRenoRaven

commish said:
Elise, oh no. Mac & Cheese?

Yea. Seriously who the hell thinks that Salmon goes with Mac and Cheese? And oh it would be awesome to see Elise come in last. Sadly I think Jennifer will come in under her but can you imagine the hissy fit Elise would have if she didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom