• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Elise is just... dumb. She doesn't know how to behave. Still hot. Paul would be all over that.

ElRenoRaven

You know if Jennifer had shown half the passion when on the chopping block that she had back in the dorms she might still be there.

Must resist reaching through screen and strangling Elise. So goddamn fucking arrogant.

I love the promos, they get me hyped. Should be an EPIC finale.

Elise isn't making any finals, they took her for the ride for dramatic purposes.

ElRenoRaven

No doubt Elise is going to screw herself next week. You can tell she goes out of her way to try and screw the others. That's going to bite her in the ass too.

Heysoos

Epic finale. If Elise makes it into the final two, I will have lost all faith in this show like I did with Master Chef. -__-

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, judging by the promo it looks like Paul and Will in the Final.

I just want to see Elise's tears as she's eliminated.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Black-Wind said:
Something tells me Tommy is gonna get cut next week.
tj1C3.gif

ElRenoRaven

It still floors me that Tommy made it this far. Out of everyone on that show he deserved to be gone within the first couple of episodes.

bozeman

Paul won the challenge using truffle oil in his dish. Anybody else remember the shit that one woman took in the early episodes of Masterchef when she used truffle oil?

plc268

No fucking way those two guys could say Elise was a better chef with a straight face. Both Jen and Elise sucked that night, but it was Elise's complete inability to cook salmon that screwed it up.

If they weren't told by the producers to say that, then it was a complete play to get rid of stronger competition. In a way, it was smart, I guess.

Dudeeeee........ I have no idea whats going on.

But this show is making me MAD. Actually I've been mad since the first episode. This season gives me headaches.

Still no doubt that Will is taking this.

UberTag

I think Will's a great chef and all but I'm sick to death of his pussy ass strategy of hiding out on the garnish station and letting other people flame out during service while he just stands there and looks disgusted.

He pulled this shit all of the time with the blue team and he's pulling it again now.

MC Safety

ghostofsparta said:
Dudeeeee........ I have no idea whats going on.

But this show is making me MAD. Actually I've been mad since the first episode. This season gives me headaches.

Still no doubt that Will is taking this.

I'm at a loss to explain what happened, too.

Either the men have the most selective memory ever or else, yeah, the scripted element of this reality show got way out of hand.

I am starting to think they drug this Elise thing out too long. It was fun while it lasted but just get rid of her already. No sane person on earth would even let her manage a McDonalds.

Pkaz01

UberTag said:
I think Will's a great chef and all but I'm sick to death of his pussy ass strategy of hiding out on the garnish station and letting other people flame out during service while he just stands there and looks disgusted.

He pulled this shit all of the time with the blue team and he's pulling it again now.
I don't think they choose the stations or else Elise would never voluntarily go on fish. I think they are assigned.

benjipwns

Banned
In the early seasons you could see they were rotating among the stations. Last few seasons there doesn't seem to be any clear pattern. Maybe it's random draw or Ramsay/Sous/producers assign them.

Will might not be doing anything worth showing, if you're average or good and you aren't screaming at others there's nothing to show because the whole point is Ramsay yelling about screw ups or you starting drama. A lot of the winners or "winners" like Petrozza/Ralph didn't show up other than in reaction shots during a good chunk of their services because they were just doing solidly and rarely getting into drama. Nona sorta slid invisibly through a chunk of last season because of the Sabrina Show, even her screw ups got a small percentage of camera time. Dave and Kevin from season six were in and out of attention depending on how often they were getting injured.

Zoe

fludevil said:
See, I dont think so. Jennifer wasn't competition, but Elise will shoot herself in the foot and they know it.

In a competition you're supposed to get rid of the tough opponents first so you can sail through to the end.

Gr1mLock said:
Wow. Holy. Shit. Will and Paul are total toolbags.

That's what I thought then I was reminded by my wife that Elise is on a path of destruction and will ruin it for herself. No way she wins, and they both knew it and made sure her ego crashes hard by keeping her.

She fucked up salmon !

I don't know about Will, Paul is starting to stand out for me.

PsychoRaven said:
It still floors me that Tommy made it this far. Out of everyone on that show he deserved to be gone within the first couple of episodes.
He really doesn't. Tommy is playing like an idiot, he's really much more talented than he lets on. Notice that he's getting more vocal and involved now that he's a black jacket?

He'll never win but he is one of the stronger chefs and deserves to be there. Frankly I'd put him in the tier right below Will and Paul.

nubbe

I hate Elise so much and yet and want her so bad...

Being in a relation ship with her would be a destructive fucking hell ride for sure

devenger

Zoe said:
In a competition you're supposed to get rid of the tough opponents first so you can sail through to the end.

Jennifer had a greater possibility of getting her shit together. Elise is guaranteed to slit her own throat.

Paul, sometimes, looks special to me. Differently abled special.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
fludevil said:
Jennifer had a greater possibility of getting her shit together. Elise is guaranteed to slit her own throat.

Paul, sometimes, looks special to me. Differently abled special.

Jennifer had a possibility of getting her shit together? Even SHE admitted that she simply is too scared to talk to the other chefs and lead them in the kitchen.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I wonder how Jennifer is going to perform if/when she comes back for the finalists and they end up being Will and Paul.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
People that outright don't pay attention to Ramsey or the team when they call for times is so odd to me...especially especially when Ramsey is the one asking.

How do you ignore the guy running the kitchen when he asks you how much longer on something you're making? He isn't going to go away if you don't answer. He's going to think you're a toolbag if you don't say anything...either say you don't know (and holy shit if that's true) or say how long. Just SAY SOMETHING. Acknowledge you're physically there.

Jenn sunk herself when she couldn't even talk. In this one case...this one case only...Jenn deserved to go home.

Elise isn't going to win, Will is...so it doesn't matter anyways.

Finally saw the episode. Putting Will and Paul and I did expect them to say Jennifer, they both seem pretty honest when it comes to Ramsey and I'm pretty sure they are both aware that Elise will end up screwing herself over. I do feel bad for Jennifer though, it must've sucked hearing Elise say "good job" as she left.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
CrankyJay said:
Glad I spoiled this for myself. I don't think I could have taken another week of Elise surviving.

Agreed.

At this point, Ramsay should just look right into the camera each time he eliminates someone other than Elise and say "I'll bet that pissed you off!"

I wasn't even surprised by Jennifer being eliminated. Doesn't seem to matter how bad Elise screws up, she gets saved. She won't win it all, I know that, but just grates on my nerves that she gets to stick around when better chefs have gone home. It is Hell's Kitchen though so I still love it, warts and all!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
"Can you get these two ladies back to plastic surgery? Please."

Druz

Tommy Stevens - Age: 31, Occupation: Line Cook, Hometown: Brewster, NY, Signature Dish: Toasted Coconut Crab Cake.

Oh snap... weird seeing someone local

Does anyone actually think Elise has a chance to win? It's pretty obvious by now that the final two contestants are generally fixed from the start.

Also, I'm pretty damn sure Elise is just an actor.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
richiek said:
Wow, I can't believe Elise's bullshit sucking up to Paul & Will actually worked. SMH
yea i cant believe they fell for it.

And I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE ELISE IS STILL THERE, wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom