• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brendan is such a fucking idiot, I wish Ramsay picked him up and threw him out right on the spot when he lied to him. Why in the fuck would you lie to Ramsay in your second service? Good riddance, hope that chick gave him chlamydia too. His speech during the palm spings award meal was one of the most self indulgent, ridiculous things I've ever heard.

benjipwns

Banned
ghostofsparta said:
Seriously. Every time. That shit HAS to be staged.
What I want to know is how they do it. Like tonight was Ramsay picking or rejecting just enough from each to ensure the tie or was it done through some editing? Do the contestants notice or even give a shit? Does Ramsay just pick a winner and then they just make up the scores?

But then I'm one of those types who just wants to know how the tric- er, illusion is done.

MPW

Xyrmellon said:
STANK-A-DANK-SKANK!

that made me LOL

the guys are so f'n weak this season, can't see any of them winning it

the girl from Pittsburgh is a bitch, hate her attitude and hope she's gone next

Arsenic Yellow said:
However, this girl:
kchkp.jpg

Such a shitty, arrogant attitude. I hope Ramsay really gives her a hard time. I couldn't believe the way she treated that girl on the fish station.

+1

Pkaz01

Will kind of had an over reaction but he was in the right to be angry. Tommy is a little creepy and Chino sucks but isn't as big of a douche as brendan. Best part of this show is that Ramsay doesn't play around if you suck or lie you are gone and there is no getting away with it.

benjipwns said:
What I want to know is how they do it. Like tonight was Ramsay picking or rejecting just enough from each to ensure the tie or was it done through some editing? Do the contestants notice or even give a shit? Does Ramsay just pick a winner and then they just make up the scores?

But then I'm one of those types who just wants to know how the tric- er, illusion is done.
It's editing. The order they're presented in isn't always the order it's filmed in.

That, and the comments from the contestants are probably done well after the fact.

ElRenoRaven

DeaconKnowledge said:
It's editing. The order they're presented in isn't always the order it's filmed in.

That, and the comments from the contestants are probably done well after the fact.

And that's right on the money. That is exactly what they do. They film it all and then present it in an order that makes it more dramatic. Also like all shows like this anything said in the "confessional" like area are done well after the fact. That's why these "Reality" shows aren't that real. They're very staged and very edited. It makes for damn good TV though.

MC Safety

Brendan said he has heart and character.

And that his lying was not a reflection on him.

Finally, he suggested you shouldn't hate the player but rather the game.

CrankyJay

Banned
Can't stand that headstrong Elise chick. She is so bossy, loudmouthed, and horrible. And she can't get her meat temps right.

rakhir

PsychoRaven said:
It makes for damn good TV though.
I don't know, UK version of Kitchen Nightmares is one of my favourite TV programs ever, but was complately slaughtered on it's US version because of heavy editing, staged 'confessionals' and stupid, unnecessary narration.

I've watched the second episode and i'm really bummed they don't how my girl Gina much. :( Not much drama around her though, so that's kinda understandable.

CrankyJay

Banned
So let me get this straight. If Ramsay puts in a table's order of 4 entrees, and 3 out of the 4 entrees are cooked to perfection, but the 4th is messed up, they toss all 4?

rakhir

CrankyJay said:
So let me get this straight. If Ramsay puts in a table's order of 4 entrees, and 3 out of the 4 entrees are cooked to perfection, but the 4th is messed up, they toss all 4?
Yeah, that's how they do it i assume.
Every person at the table gets his meal at the same time.

Elise.... god. I absolutely hate her. :[ I can't even stand her face anymore.

Edit:And Aaron died? :( So sad to hear that. He was too soft and sweet to be on that show.

ElRenoRaven

CrankyJay said:
I guess that's fine dining for you. You wouldn't get this at a Chili's or Applebees.

Yup fine dining is serious business. I've seen a few regular restaurants that are almost as bad. If they wait too long then the rest of the food gets cold. So that's why they have to work together to get it all out at the same time.

Machine

CrankyJay said:
I guess that's fine dining for you. You wouldn't get this at a Chili's or Applebees.

It's not much of an issue in chain restaurants since there isn't much real cooking go on in their kitchens.

Im not a chef or anything and ofcourse Ramsey is the man but is it just me or were those "well done" burgers more medium-well?

The first burger he let pass was gray and with no juices flowing but the last two he checked he squeezed and the juices were still kinda red. Seems like typical Fox BS just to make it a tie at the end.

I can watch a Chef Ramsey show any day of the week but I get tired of the fake FOX scripted bullshit fast.

ElRenoRaven

IT'S TIME. IT's Hell's Kitchen time.

And we're off with a recap. You know. I'm liking the Pinball theme to the opening credit this season.

Thank god that blonde woman said it. I hate how they think this is a team game, lol. The teams are a joke, you either do well and stay or do bad and go home one way or another. Nice to see a few of them wanted to switch teams.

ElRenoRaven

-Pyromaniac- said:
Thank god that blind woman said it. I hate how they think this is a team game, lol. The teams are a joke, you either do well and stay or do bad and go home one way or another. Nice to see a few of them wanted to switch teams.

Yup. It really is. It will be interesting now that they made the choice. Carrie will have to be on her game........

What the hell? Ramsey throwing curve balls. So Natalie it is. I so didn't see that coming.

ElRenoRaven

-Pyromaniac- said:
lol I wrote blind instead of blonde for some reason. Anyway, fucking kids.

Oh it's all good. And dear god. That bossy you know what is already trying to boss her team around. And of course common sense says don't serve burned food. Jeez.

Natalie showing the guys how to communicate. That was a good choice.

What's the girls name with all the attitude again, good lord she is a bitch. And she has no chance of winning, but will be kept around I'm sure for dramatic purposes.

edit: Elise, there it is.

ElRenoRaven

-Pyromaniac- said:
What's the girls name with all the attitude again, good lord she is a bitch. And she has no chance of winning, but will be kept around I'm sure for dramatic purposes.

edit: Elise, there it is.

Oh of course Elise will be. She's just a straight up bitch. Sadly her attitude with Carrie is rubbing off on the others tainting their views. Natalie is without a doubt going to help the guys. I see this turning around.

ElRenoRaven

And that folks is how you manage to turn the rest of your team against someone you don't like.Oh and of course chino screwing the blue team. Why don't that surprise me?

Oh what's this? Elsie pissing off another team member. Shock Shock. I'm calling it now. Amanda and Carrie on the block tonight.

ElRenoRaven

SolidSnakex said:
Carrie is bombing out.

They're all bombing out. They've all been shit tonight on the women's team. The blue team is killing it though. Without a doubt the guys should all be kissing Natalie's ass.

Oh damn Elsie is burning those bridges. lol

OH HELL YEA!!!! Carrie lives to fight another day! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Xyrmellon

OOh tomorrow night looking goooood.....

He has a valid point that Amanda quit on him, but Carrie needed to go....he's keeping her for good television.

ElRenoRaven

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Stupid president speech.

Shit damn double post. My bad. Anyway

Yea. I'm pissed. All he's going to do is whine about the Republican's aren't giving him free reign to destroy the country even more. Like we need to hear this bullshit. I want my Master Chef goddamn it.

Xyrmellon

PsychoRaven said:
Shit damn double post. My bad. Anyway

Yea. I'm pissed. All he's going to do is whine about the Republican's aren't giving him free reign to destroy the country even more. Like we need to hear this bullshit. I want my Master Chef goddamn it.

Republican response is after Obama's speech, so you gonna be waiting a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom