• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Twelve |OT| You steppin' on me real hard, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

I think I mention that to my wife again when a new season starts. If you know you're going to be on the show, buy a few pounds of scallops and cook them over and over again until it becomes automatic. It's like learning how to build a fire if you know you're going to be on Survivor. Common sense shit.

I've been saying that all along too, though there was a comment about Gaurav having to learn the difference between his way of making Risotto and the Hell's Kitchen way. Still, there can't be THAT many ways to cook Scallops.

So happy Jean Phillipe is back. Watching season 8 right now on Hulu, and James just isn't cutting it. JP is one of the things that makes the show.

Aside from an absentee JP, Season 8 is pretty awesome. It has probably the craziest cook they've had so far (Raj) and the best "I love to hate you" contestant. (Sabrina)

Worst opening though. The Gulliver's Travels thing was stupid.

m1KgMVJ.gif

Mr.Towel

They should get that dancing crowd back every night for dinner service. They could use abstract dance to express their unhappiness rather than just cut to people with no food looking at their watches every five minutes.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh no, is this show back? This show is so terrible and I hate it so much. I can't wait to watch these new episodes.

Camwi

He didn't kick out the guy with the raw chicken? That was surprising.

Raw chicken usually makes Chef's choice automatic, but as soon as I heard him speaking his reasons for voting this person out, I knew he was talking about Nicole. Good riddance to that idiot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This season has been terrible so far.

I'm also 95% confident the girl that was just kicked off is an actress/plant.

ElRenoRaven

It has been. I don't like a single damn one. They all suck. I've always been able to pick 1 or 2 to root for but this season I'd be fine if Ramsey just sent them all home.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I miss old Hells Kitchen. Early seasons you could tell that everyone had talent, but might have not been able to deal with Ramsay. Now they're all just jokes.

It has been. I don't like a single damn one. They all suck. I've always been able to pick 1 or 2 to root for but this season I'd be fine if Ramsey just sent them all home.

This is how I've been the last couple seasons. The well is dry. All they have now is untalented garbage chefs that can't even make it through a single service. It's embarassingly cringeworthy.

Chris R

The problem is there are too many chefs at the start. If they dropped it by four the show would be better, but we also wouldn't have the total goofballs who can barely make toast to carry the first few weeks.

spookyfish

This is how I've been the last couple seasons. The well is dry. All they have now is untalented garbage chefs that can't even make it through a single service. It's embarassingly cringeworthy.

I agree with these assessments. HK isn't the same -- even with Jean Phillipe.

benjipwns

Banned
One of these times there's actually going to be an attempted murder and we won't believe it because of the previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom