• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Anyone could use what they released to make one. Someone will make a batch and sell them, maybe not for cheap at first though.

My bad, I skimmed over the schematics/plugin being released. Looks like someone already ordered PCBs and is selling 50 on reddit for 10$. Think I'm gonna err on the side of caution and wait a little while, though. Wouldn't be surprised to see this design get pretty massively improved in short order.

My bad, I skimmed over the schematics/plugin being released. Looks like someone already ordered PCBs and is selling 50 on reddit for 10$. Think I'm gonna err on the side of caution and wait a little while, though. Wouldn't be surprised to see this design get pretty massively improved in short order.

Yeah hopefully someone puts one out with a case or something.

I've got a 64GB card; it's full but will be enough for a little while longer.

crunched a few numbers and think 128GB will be sufficient for me. ~40 vita games, all the emulators and ripped roms I care about and my 32GB memory card for adrenaline. Should work out well.

SMD

Did a quick search but haven't seen this answered recently, is there any risk of being banned from PSN by using Henkaku on a PSTV?

Did a quick search but haven't seen this answered recently, is there any risk of being banned from PSN by using Henkaku on a PSTV?

Henkaku lets you spoof your firmware version so you can connect to PSN. I've used it often when I want to re-download a game, or when there's a sale on and I'd like to buy a game instead of being a filthy PSP game pirate.

SMD

Yeah that's what I want to do, I've got a lot of digital games and I'd like to use a USB drive so I can have everything in one place. I'd also like to use Remote Play and access PSN. Haven't opened the PSTV yet so still undecided. I'd like to think Sony don't care any more but it's Sony so...

Shaneus

Yeah that's what I want to do, I've got a lot of digital games and I'd like to use a USB drive so I can have everything in one place. I'd also like to use Remote Play and access PSN. Haven't opened the PSTV yet so still undecided. I'd like to think Sony don't care any more but it's Sony so...
Even though no one has been banned, there have been a few scares with temp bans (I think?), but that's only with people using pirated Vita apps and going online. So as long as you stay away from doing that, you'll be fine :)

MUnited83

For you.
Even though no one has been banned, there have been a few scares with temp bans (I think?), but that's only with people using pirated Vita apps and going online. So as long as you stay away from doing that, you'll be fine :)

Afaik the issue was with Near, not piracy.

no, the temp bans have nothing to do with pirated apps. it's to do with Near bugging the fuck out.

SMD

Is there any risk with playing PS1 isos not available digitally?

no, the temp bans have nothing to do with pirated apps. it's to do with Near bugging the fuck out.

Ah okay, so no issues then?

Scavenger

I have the Persona 4 Golden undub installed in the patch folder. If I were to update my Vita would I still have access to the undub patch?

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm a bit confused. If I turn off and turn on my Vita without activating HENkaku, the game boots up with undub patch.

Really? I didn't expect that. Are you using a "legit" version of the game, meaning downloaded from the PSN and not ripped using MaiDumpTool? How is the patch installed?

If it has to modify the executable of the game, then I would have said that it shouldn't work without HENkaku. But now that you mention it, if it only modifies other files than the eboot, then it can potentially go around the check for encryption on legit, non-HENkaku firmware.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend updating to OFW 3.65, especially with Enso around the corner. Why do you want to update, if you don't mind me asking?

Scavenger

Really? I didn't expect that. Are you using a "legit" version of the game, meaning downloaded from the PSN and not ripped using MaiDumpTool? How is the patch installed?

If it has to modify the executable of the game, then I would have said that it shouldn't work without HENkaku. But now that you mention it, if it only modifies other files than the eboot, then it can potentially go around the check for encryption on legit, non-HENkaku firmware.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend updating to OFW 3.65, especially with Enso around the corner. Why do you want to update, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm using cartridge version with I think a modified param.sfo.

I want to play Danganronpa V3, but I could always borrow my brother's PSTV.

Joey Ravn

Banned
This is huge for me.

And it seems to be working offline without PC connection?

That's exactly what i need since my Laptop is about to die soon

As far as we know, it will act like Luma on 3DS: you configure it once and it stays on your PSVita forever, even after you turn it off.

Hopefully there are other improvements and new features as well, but having a permanent CFW is huge.

Shaneus

This is huge for me.

And it seems to be working offline without PC connection?

That's exactly what i need since my Laptop is about to die soon
There are offline installers available already. I use Switchkaku, so all I do when I need to reboot/power on its open the email app, open the email with the exploited attachment and it runs itself :)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hey just a quicky didnt read thread,

is gba neogeo snes 100% possible?
i kinda want to turn my vita into an emulator .
my new 3ds was borked by an update,

100% possible. not 100% working atm. You'll get perfectly good framerates and very solid compatibility with all 3 systems afaik, but I'm not sure any of them have perfect audio.

Producer

Your 3ds could very possibly still work. Should post some more details in the 3ds homebrew thread. Gba and snes (never tried neogeo) emulation is much better on n3ds than vita

Shaneus

And Enso eliminates the need to use any app at all.
Exactly. But in the meantime, there's no need to stress if you can't get to a computer. And plus, now you can download via the browser, (almost) anything that needs to be installed can be downloaded via that method.

Dark Rider

I have a seperate psn id for my vita and is activated as primary on that vita, i never used it on anything else.

Can I use and activate that self same psn id on a second vita as primary? so one psn id activated as primary on two vitas at the same time?

I have a seperate psn id for my vita and is activated as primary on that vita, i never used it on anything else.

Can I use and activate that self same psn id on a second vita as primary? so one psn id activated as primary on two vitas at the same time?

The Vita when unhacked can only have one PSN ID at a time*, so there's no such thing as a non-primary Vita account. Last I checked you can have 2 (3?) Vita's registered to one ID but no more than that.

* Its possible to have more but it involves a separate memory card for each one and reformatting the system with the card out, and then binding to the other account to swap between them. Its not exactly convenient and there's still only one active at a time.

Dark Rider

The Vita when unhacked can only have one PSN ID at a time*, so there's no such thing as a non-primary Vita account. Last I checked you can have 2 (3?) Vita's registered to one ID but no more than that.

* Its possible to have more but it involves a separate memory card for each one and reformatting the system with the card out, and then binding to the other account to swap between them. Its not exactly convenient and there's still only one active at a time.

yes my question was if I could have two separate vita devices with the same ID and both of them have that ID as primary?

Dark Rider

There are no primary IDs on a Vita. Its either got an ID or hasn't. But yes you can definitely have the same ID on up to 3 Vitas.

I know you can't have more than one account at a time on the vita man.
replace the vita with PS4 and my question was the same
it was NOT about how many accounts you can have on one vita
it was about if you can have one ID as primary on say two PS4s or PS4 + vita or vita1 + vita2

Thank you for the answer :)

I know you can't have more than one account at a time on the vita man.
replace the vita with PS4 and my question was the same
it was NOT about how many accounts you can have on one vita
it was about if you can have one ID as primary on say two PS4s or PS4 + vita or vita1 + vita2

Thank you for the answer :)

There's a difference between primary accounts and other accounts on a PS4. You always have access to all content of a primary account even if you're online, but otherwise you need to be signed into the PSN associated with the account to use its content. There's also some difference with automatic downloads and web queuing.

A PS4 account can only be primary on 1 system at a time (but you can have as many primary accounts as you wish on a single PS4).

But the Vita and PS4 limits are separate.

Dark Rider

There's a difference between primary accounts and other accounts on a PS4. You always have access to all content of a primary account even if you're online, but otherwise you need to be signed into the PSN associated with the account to use its content. There's also some difference with automatic downloads and web queuing.

A PS4 account can only be primary on 1 system at a time (but you can have as many primary accounts as you wish on a single PS4).

But the Vita and PS4 limits are separate.

so I activated a vita using a brand new ID
now I have another vita and I want to activate it using the same self ID (while still using it simultaneously on the first vita), does that work? or I have to make a new ID for each vita?

so I activated a vita using a brand new ID
now I have another vita and I want to activate it using the same self ID (while still using it simultaneously on the first vita), does that work? or I have to make a new ID for each vita?

You're fine, you can use the same ID on up to 3 Vitas simultaneously.

Dark Rider

so I'm guaranteed 2 simultaneous vitas? if true then that is what i wanted :)

it would be beneficial to find out if a third is possible too lol

It's 3 for sure. I have my Vita, Vita TV, and PSP Go registered but had to unregister my PSP 2000 to make that happen.
I just checked and my PSP is still registered, alongside my TV and Vita 1000. Time to turn the PSP on to unregister it and register my 3.60 Vita 2000.

let us know if this works and you have 3 separate versions of the vita using the same ID
I can now confirm it does. The longest part was turning the PSP on and updating it to deactivate it lol. Another thing reusing my regular account made simpler is that I reused an older Vita memory card with old stuff on it, including PSP games, which made installing Adrenaline pretty easy.

And yeah, I should have remembered they increased that activation count when they launched TV.

Top Bottom