• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Nice!
Looking forward to all the optimizations

Seems like devs are flocking to make this

No surpruse given that people have wanted an open Vita for ages now

bonkeng

I'm sorry if this has been already answered. I'm too excited to read all 20 pages.

Is there a way to play psp games now?

I understand that there's a hack before, but the requirements are difficult from what I know. My psp's battery is done, can't take that thing with me now.

this might help some people, but I did the following with my PSTV:

1.- removed game card
2.- restored console to factory default (was gonna change o a dummy account)
3.- the first thing I did was install henkaku
4.- worked at first try

I didn't try it before restoring the console.

bonkeng

Just edited it in, but it's here.

Nothing has been released, but it's being worked on.

I see. Thanks for the reply. This will give my Vita a new life. It's just sitting there beside my bed, but have no more games left to play.

What emulator are working and stable so far? Hopefully SNES and GBA are playable.

Sony just update their terms of service in response to the Vita hack.
http://wololo.net/2016/08/02/sony-just-update-terms-service-vita-hack-release/

It was only updated for EU and not for US and the only difference they could find was that the PSN network name was changed for EU.
All the stuff about modifying and hacking was already there before this change and has always been there for all their products in some way in both regions.
It's just the norm to legally put in there about hacking and stuff.
Nothing has really change in relation to banning.

Honestly if you're that worried, remove your PSN account and all details completely or don't use the hack at all.
I personally have not logged in to PSN since I installed Henkaku. I think that's enough.

Athreous

I'm thinking about removing my psn acccount from the card, but I'll end up not being able to play my old vita games =(

Maybe I'll just format my vita, keep the 3.60 with all my games working and wait till the psp backups work...

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm sorry if this has been already answered. I'm too excited to read all 20 pages.

Is there a way to play psp games now?

I understand that there's a hack before, but the requirements are difficult from what I know. My psp's battery is done, can't take that thing with me now.

No need to read 20 pages. The OP is always updated and contains anything you may need to know about the current state of HENkaku.

Sony just update their terms of service in response to the Vita hack.
http://wololo.net/2016/08/02/sony-just-update-terms-service-vita-hack-release/

Even Wololo themselves are saying that this is probably due to the change in names:

It seems this one update has more to do with a recent legal change of the name “Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited” to “Sony Interactive Entertainment Network Europe Limited”, and less with tinkerers.

There's no reason to freak out, and even less to categorically state that this "change" in the ToS is a direct consequence of HENkaku.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm thinking about removing my psn acccount from the card, but I'll end up not being able to play my old vita games =(

Maybe I'll just format my vita, keep the 3.60 with all my games working and wait till the psp backups work...
You can just sign out under the settings.

shimrra

I can imagine eBay prices of PS Vita's will be going up because of this, its the same thing that happen to PSP back in the day.

gambatte seems completely broken. won't load anything for me

NES is perfect tho.

I can’t seem to get the NES retroarch to work. It could be because I’m used to other emulators.
I go to Load Content, find a ROM, and then nothing happens, and some “Vita…port #0..” flashes by for a frame or two, and then I’m back to the main menu. Is there some setup required for this?

I can get the VHBL one to work fine, though.

I was going to get a Vita anyway, but now that this hack is out, I feel like I need two: one for homebrew and another for official play. ARGH. Before this hack, I was just going to get a white Japanese one. May need to get a black PAL one too.

Yudoken

My Vita is still on 3.30 and honestly I only want to be able to use the PSP emulator on it which currently is not possible with 3.60.
Should I update anyway to 3.60?
Or should I take a another route?

If it matters I have a 4gb and a 8gb stick with Monster Hunter Freedom United on it (and a few other games).

I've heard that you can basically emulate the whole PSP os which can use everthing like a normal PSP (seplugins too).

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Joey Ravn

Banned
PSVita Digital Game/Cartridge Game/DLC/Savedata decryption, by Major Tom.

Source.

I don't think there's anything illegal in there.

My Vita is still on 3.30 and honestly I only want to be able to use the PSP emulator on it which currently is not possible with 3.60.
Should I update anyway to 3.60?
Or should I take a another route?

If it matters I have a 4gb and a 8gb stick with Monster Hunter Freedom United on it (and a few other games).

I've heard that you can basically emulate the whole PSP os which can use everthing like a normal PSP (seplugins too).

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Stay on 3.30, but manually download the 3.60 update and keep it in your computer. That way you can update to that version when HENkaku allows PSP games, and you have a backup in case Sony updates the firmware before that. The link is in the OP.

Gazunta

I am sorry for what is probably the dumbest question in the history of dumbness.

I want, more than anything, to use the whitelist hack to be able to play Lumines ES on my PSTV. I bought Lumines ES as a Vita cartridge but...I can't seem to find a cartridge slot in the PSTV?

Am I just missing something here?

Eylos

Banned
I am sorry for what is probably the dumbest question in the history of dumbness.

I want, more than anything, to use the whitelist hack to be able to play Lumines ES on my PSTV. I bought Lumines ES as a Vita cartridge but...I can't seem to find a cartridge slot in the PSTV?

Am I just missing something here?

its on the back near the power button

Edit: psvita cartrige, its on the side:

PlaystationTV_PSVitaSlot.jpg

Gazunta

Awesome, thank you Eylos and Corleth!

Now if someone can make a C64 emulator that runs on PSTV that would be ace :p

Enk

makes good threads.
Awesome, thank you Eylos and Corleth!

Now if someone can make a C64 emulator that runs on PSTV that would be ace :p

I'm sure it won't be too long. VICE was ported to the PSP and worked pretty well for me, and I think it was also ported over to Vita a while back. Just a matter of time until someone updates it to vpk.

The gist I'm getting as well.

Are we likely to see emulators running any faster than on a n3DS?

Was thinking about picking up a Vita for emulators (thinking the Vita would be faster in the long run) but it doesn't sound like it will be much faster than my n3DS. Plus I don't have to invest a gazillion dollars on a Vita memory card on the n3DS.

Comparable to the New 3DS would be quite sweet. Fantastic emulation for SNES and earlier like the New 3DS, plus Sony's PS1 emulator
with input lag removed hopefully
would be awesome.

LQX

I have two Vitas. I plan on putting this on one of them. I have my PSN account on both. Is it good idea to delete my account on the one I'm going to put this on? I've never tried it, but do you even need PSN to get full functionally and web access on a Vita?

RexNovis

Banned
I have two Vitas. I plan on putting this on one of them. I have my PSN account on both. Is it good idea to delete my account on the one I'm going to put this on? I've never tried it, but do you even need PSN to get full functionally and web access on a Vita?

I mean it wouldnt hurt. You might as well since you have another vita to keep up to date and connected to PSN. You dont need PSn for browser web access I know that much. I beleive you do for vita multiplayer gaming though.

Top Bottom