• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Shaneus

So now I have a quandary: Stick with my current firmware (3.36), enjoy my PSP games on the go with my Vita. OR, update, lose access to my PSP titles BUT I'll be able to, at least for a short amount of time, be able to sync all my PSN stuff to it and play my PS+ games again... before they block 3.61.

Ugh.

Are update files for the Vita region specific at all?

Taruranto

One can manually update the Vita later, right?

I have no interest in 3.60 until I have access to both PSP and PSX emulation for now.

ZoronMaro

If I bought a new vita what firmware would it have? Actually is Sony still making new Vita? I know I can update manually so maybe this isn't a concern.

Nightbird

Is there a way to keep access to the store while being on 3.60?

Most of my games are digital, and I have no backups since I only recently got a new PC

If I bought a new vita what firmware would it have? Actually is Sony still making new Vita? I know I can update manually so maybe this isn't a concern.

I think it's pretty safe to say you'll get something that you can have 3.60 on if you buy a Vita or PS TV.

Is there a way to keep access to the store while being on 3.60?

Most of my games are digital, and I have no backups since I only recently got a new PC

There used to be a way to spoof the version number and gain access to the store, but I don't recall what the limitations of that were.

Is UK the same as EU? If not:
https://www.playstation.com/nl-nl/get-help/ps-vita-system-software/

Downloaded the file just in case I ever decided to buy another vita second hand. Reminds me I needed to update my PSVITA tv but haven't done that yet haha

pgharavi

Banned
Christ. 3.61 dropped as I was installing HENkaku + whitelist on my PSTV for the sole purpose of playing WipeOut.

I own it digitally but cannot download it bcs they require me to update to 3.61 to login to the store :(

Taruranto

Christ. Installed HENkaku for the first time on my PSTV for the sole purpose of getting the whitelist up for WipeOut...and 3.61 comes out and now I can't download it even though I own it, digitally, bcs they need me to update to 3.61 to download :(

Did you try Vita Update Blocker? I think it tends to work when a new FW is released, for few weeks.

ZoronMaro

I think it's pretty safe to say you'll get something that you can have 3.60 on if you buy a Vita or PS TV.

There used to be a way to spoof the version number and gain access to the store, but I don't recall what the limitations of that were.

I was wondering more how long until 3.61 Vita's appear in stores. But I'm not even sure if they're still making new vita's and it'll be a while regardless.

FreedomKME

Neo Member
Sure thing. All the images are just from the RetroArch flat theme on PC. I downsized them, added a black background, and then saved them with the SuperPNG plugin for Photoshop. As far as I can tell, they need to be 128x128 8bit png files. You won't need to do any of that, but just for reference for anyone else that wants to create custom icons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyiv7catd053ggb/RetroArch Flat Controller Icons - Vita.zip?dl=0

If you have any questions, let me know. The process of changing the icons and renaming the cores is surprisingly simple, but may be a pain if you're regularly installing the latest nightly.

I have questions ..., like ¿how you do it? ¿how you change the bubble image and name? And yes, i have been regularly installing the latest nightly.

RaZoR No1

Is there a reason why older FW are not working with henkaku?
My 3.18 Vita isnt working with it.
I wanted to keep the second vita always on the newest fw so I can buy and play all the new games I want.

Trace

Banned
I wanted to keep the second vita always on the newest fw so I can buy and play all the new games I want.

Henkaku only works on 3.60 and they've stated they aren't porting it to older FWs.

Chesskid1

Banned
You mean in the guide or in thisthread?
the guide. hard to recommended people use it when you can't even download the correct firmware off it.

because they would have to port it to different firmwares which requires work, and it will require vitas on those firmwares to test it. will take a ton of resources and it's not worth it.

because they would have to port it to different firmwares which requires work, and it will require vitas on those firmwares to test it. will take a ton of resources and it's not worth it.
I don't think there is any shortage of people still on 3.18 for that delicious TN-X + TN-V combo.

I bought a second Vita because I couldn't but now I am not even using HENkaku on this Vita. It has become my Risk of Rain machine.

Got the update file, maybe in the future I'll invest in a PS TV so I can keep using my Vita for normal things. Shame the fun ended so soon but I guess it was never going to last :(

LewieP

Bye bye free PS+ games.

Gonna stay on 3.60 for a while.

To the best of my knowledge, you can still play your current PS+ games even if you're not logged in, they are installed with a timer that is set to expire when your current PS+ subscription expires.

But yeah, I don't think you can download any new ones.

To the best of my knowledge, you can still play your current PS+ games even if you're not logged in, they are installed with a timer that is set to expire when your current PS+ subscription expires.

Crap, you just reminded me my PS Plus is set to expire in a few weeks. I think I'm going to lose access to everything I downloaded.

Unfortunately you cannot renew the license without being online. The only option is to download and transfer from PS3. Now that I think about it I don't know what this means for saves, some of my games recently expired but I haven't had access to my PS3 since then.

We may be able to extract and inject them back or something like that with HENkaku.

pgharavi

Banned
Christ. 3.61 dropped as I was installing HENkaku + whitelist on my PSTV for the sole purpose of playing WipeOut.

I own it digitally but cannot download it bcs they require me to update to 3.61 to login to the store :(

If I dig up my PS3 and download Wipeout 2048 on that, am I able to transfer it to the PS TV w/ 3.60 + whitelist?

If I stay on this firmwire, I can still purchase games on psn store (like from a computer) and just download them when I update again right?

Will go through my ps vita backlog coming 6 months..then 2017 Will be a emulation year and arter that go back to the games I picked up during sales I guess

twisted89

Isn't possible for hackers to modify the 3.60 update to be recognized as 3.61?

My understanding is this is just a user land and file system jail break. There is no access to the kernel level that would allow this type of modification hence why there is no piracy either.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
My understanding is this is just a user land and file system jail break. There is no access to the kernel level that would allow this type of modification hence why there is no piracy either.

Thank you for the explanation, too bad, modifying the 3.60 update file and change it's 3.60 value in 3.61 and then updating with that seemed an easy solution, so easy to be a dumb idea lol.

Top Bottom